Computer Chairs

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Looking for some ideas. Not cheap, not crazy expensive. Any recommendations? I know we had one of these threads back on FOH and time to start a new one.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
I've had this chair for 4-5 years now.
markus-swivel-chair__69659_PE184857_S4.jpg

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00103102/

Positives:
- Has held up very well. No tears or damage with regular use.
- Stays relatively cool with the mesh back.
- Comfortable sitting up or in awkward slouches.

Negatives:
- It has become a little creaky. Though I've done nothing to address this and it might be an easy fix.
- You can kind of feel the screw through the armrests if you put a lot of pressure on it.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Search Craigslist for a few weeks if you live in a halfway large city, and you'll find a Herman Miller Aeron for cheap. They seem to be the go-to chair when people are opening new offices/businesses and are trying to look up-scale, and then they end up being a bunch for sale that are barely used once the business goes under. Check local used office furniture stores and keep an eye on Craigslist. I got mine brand new(still in the plastic and unassembled) for $250 via Craigslist. The chairs go fast though, I had to download the craigslist android app that alerts you when certain keywords are posted("Herman Miller" or "Aeron"), otherwise they dont last more than a couple hours if you're just manually checking a few times a day.

I even lucked out and mine was the "C" model made to support up to 300lbs, with the bigger rollers/seat that supports more weight.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't have any personal recommendations, but a few things to keep in mind (and why I would potentially stay away from that Ikea chair):

1) Make sure the arm rest are adjustable in height or that the chair is actually tall enough for your arms to be level with your desk. We are all computer nerds and probably spend way more time on here than a human should. Ergonomically it is important to have the armrests as close to level with your desk as possible or you will have posture/carpal tunnel issues that are not fun.

2) Make sure there is a warranty on the goddamn thing. I buy mine through Office Depot so I can purchase the warranty along with them. Sitting and lounging around for long periods of time puts significant wear and tear on these things and I've broken more than a few chairs in my time. These are lifetime warranties so whenever something gets busted I can just go back in and replace the chair no questions asked.

Wolfen_sl

shitlord
I tried that one but found it to be less comfortable than the one I posted above. I didn't like the two-piece back.

Edit: damn mobile site. I was referring to the chair that Gaige posted.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Per you guys recommendation I snagged this chair. Will report.

I've had this chair for 4-5 years now.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00103102/

Positives:
- Has held up very well. No tears or damage with regular use.
- Stays relatively cool with the mesh back.
- Comfortable sitting up or in awkward slouches.

Negatives:
- It has become a little creaky. Though I've done nothing to address this and it might be an easy fix.
- You can kind of feel the screw through the armrests if you put a lot of pressure on it.

Orcus_sl

shitlord
After years of bad office depot chairs and some excruciating back pain, I splurged and got an ergonomic chair from these guys -http://www.neutralposture.com/

I believe it's the 6000 series. Added some stuff, like padded armrests and a headrest. They are totally customizable, and unfortunately expensive. I considered it a medical necessity after my back got so bad that I couldn't finish a 10 minute shower without bracing myself against the wall. It was expensive, but going on 3 years now and still totally intact, supportive, doesn't squeak, nothing bent, really well built. The adjustable air bladder lumbar support has been awesome. Back pain is much better these days.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The Staples Aeron knock-off is fine if you can get one on clearance or something. The wheels are really cheap though and I'm not sure they're replaceable.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Per you guys recommendation I snagged this chair. Will report.
So I have had this chair a few days. This is about the time my 275 lb frame starts to lean the chair left or right. Still rock solid and straight as an arrow.

The simplicity of the build (wife aggro).

The simplicity of the build means that everything should pretty much remain in place for quite some time.

The cushion is a tad on the firmer side, but it is still comfortable.

The chair is narrow, so if you are a tad thick boned...you will feel the arm rests in your legs.

So far liking the chair. Worth 200 bones.