Computer Issues

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Put my new build together today. All the fans and LEDs come on when I power on but I get nothing on the monitor and it shuts off after about 10 seconds and then just repeats that cycle until I kill the power. Tried starting it without the video card, two sticks of ram, one stick, no sticks, took the cmos battery out for 30 mins, same thing.

Any ideas?

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
did you leave the iso on the thumb drive and just tag it as reinstall/boot drive?
I made a bootable thumb drive out of the ISO via Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool. Kept the files on it just in case. Turns out that was smart.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Anybody know why I'd be getting 10-11MB/s download speeds on my wired desktop but only 1.0-1.8MB/s speeds on my laptop? I've already changed my NIC card settings in the laptop to 100Mbps Full Duplex instead of auto. Other than that, I'm at a loss.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Anybody know why I'd be getting 10-11MB/s download speeds on my wired desktop but only 1.0-1.8MB/s speeds on my laptop? I've already changed my NIC card settings in the laptop to 100Mbps Full Duplex instead of auto. Other than that, I'm at a loss.
try a diff cable

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So @Dom warned me about becoming an FPS whore, and I've totally done it, but now I'm starting to get paranoid that's something wrong. So in FF14, my frames are all over the damn place. From 120+ down to 13, they just hop constantly, and looking at GPU-Z, my GPU load never passes really above 60%, but it's also directly related to frames. Pushing 60-80 frames in a fight with a lot of graphics, GPU load is higher. In the middle of same fight, drop to 13 FPS for a second or 2, GPU load drops down to sub 20%.

This makes sense, but wtf is causing this? I should be rocking FF14 no matter what. I understand MMO's are notoriously CPU bound, but I do have a Ryzen 7 1700, with 16gb RAM.

It's the constant spikes up and down that are worrying more than anything.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Ff14 isnt spiky at all. There can be lower fps areas, but they don't result in spikes. Check forums to see if there are recent performance problems though. Otherwise:

Other games having the same issue? Drivers need reinstalling? Something running in the background? (antivirus/defender) what does a high polling rate cpu performance graph look like for every CPU core?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's not the game. 6700k, 16gb ram, 1070 and always 75+ at the lowest fps in bad areas. No low spikes like that

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So, not sure if this goes here but I've tried to find solutions and I cant figure it out.

I'm using Chrome and only on Facebook, it'll randomly just start to buffer a video. It wont be in the same spot, and it'll never load once it does it. I have to refresh and hope it doesn't happen again but always does. This only happens on Facebook and no other site or video software. Anyone have any idea? my Flash is updated.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So, not sure if this goes here but I've tried to find solutions and I cant figure it out.

I'm using Chrome and only on Facebook, it'll randomly just start to buffer a video. It wont be in the same spot, and it'll never load once it does it. I have to refresh and hope it doesn't happen again but always does. This only happens on Facebook and no other site or video software. Anyone have any idea? my Flash is updated.
Update your graphics drivers or try turning off or on hardware acceleration in Chrome.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Is there a solution to the white flash you get when loading a page in firefox?

Have tried all the google solutions (Shadow fox, userContent / userChrome edits) and nothing gets rid of it. But others are saying those things worked.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
So I've been having this issue with my PC for a while now, and it has gotten to the point that I need to finally fix it. I built this computer maybe 18 months ago, and I have a Samsung 840 EVO as my main OS HD.

For the last 3-4 months whenever I reboot, it takes a good 3 minutes to fully boot up. When I first installed it would take about 15 seconds or so. Is there any quick fixes you guys can think of, or checks I can do to see what is causing it to be so damn slow?