Computer Issues

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
So. When I try to boot into the bios (shift restart) I eventually get a VGA light on my MB. This can only be resolved via reseating the card in the PCI slot. I know this sounds silly, but can Windows 10 update have caused this issue? That's the only thing that has changed on my system since I got my new GPU. RX6800.

Or am I looking at a hardware issue?
Unless it's an unpatched print key bug, hardware seems probable.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So. When I try to boot into the bios (shift restart) I eventually get a VGA light on my MB. This can only be resolved via reseating the card in the PCI slot. I know this sounds silly, but can Windows 10 update have caused this issue? That's the only thing that has changed on my system since I got my new GPU. RX6800.

Or am I looking at a hardware issue?

That's pretty much the same damn thing that happened to me. Wouldn't boot if it was in the PCIe x16 slot but would if it was in the x8 slot. I let it ride until the new Ryzens came out and did a full rebuild.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So, finally got my Ryzen 5900x together today. Everything went pretty smoothly, other than I had to Q-Flash the BIOS to get it to post initially. I kept getting an AD code, which I eventually diagnosed as an out of date BIOS(I got the Gigabyte Aorus Master B550). Q-Flashed BIOS, got Windows installed, updated, etc. I started installing drivers from Gigabyte's site and my computer randomly restarted. After restart, it won't post. I keep getting error code 90 and the VGA led light is lit up on the MB. I pulled the CMOS battery and I'm giving it 15 minutes before popping it back in and trying again.

Any ideas? Brief reading on the internet makes it sound like it's a dead MBoard, CPU, or possibly both? As I don't have another CPU/MB, I can't really test either one to find out.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Tried removing the CMOS battery, still does it. Tried Q-Flashing the BIOS to a different version, still does it. Starting to think that it's possibly a dead CPU, but I when I pull the video card and unplug the SSD, it gives error codes 00, 02, 27, dE, and Ad on repeat. Totally stumped at this point.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It sucks not having another CPU to test. I was convinced that's what it was, until I got different codes by unplugging the GPU and SSD. I've been tempted to buy a 3600x to test, but I have no idea wtf I'd do with a 3600x if that's what it is and I have to RMA the 5900x.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
RMA was accepted by AMD. Not really sure if that's what was causing the issue, as I've been reading a ton on what a giant piece of shit the Aorus Master boards are. I'm also returning the board as I thankfully purchased it on Amazon. Dual BIOS is a crock of shit and can fuck off.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just a general question about the relationship between CPU / Soundcard. Since I'm experiencing some shitty sound in Outriders (yes, I'm sure its just shitty sound design on part of the game, but..) and I noticed that the ingame sounds get really bad when my CPU is getting pegged at 98-100%. I'm using the onboard soundcard, a Realtek chip with the most up to date drivers available for it (mobo is from 2012). Would installing a separate soundcard offload sound generation from the CPU itself and to the card?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Are you using something with bluetooth? I've been seeing more and more audio issues like you are describing when I use my xbox elite controller wirelessly. Getting a soundcard should help tho if it's not something else causing it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are you using something with bluetooth? I've been seeing more and more audio issues like you are describing when I use my xbox elite controller wirelessly. Getting a soundcard should help tho if it's not something else causing it.
Nah, everything I use is wired.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Just a general question about the relationship between CPU / Soundcard. Since I'm experiencing some shitty sound in Outriders (yes, I'm sure its just shitty sound design on part of the game, but..) and I noticed that the ingame sounds get really bad when my CPU is getting pegged at 98-100%. I'm using the onboard soundcard, a Realtek chip with the most up to date drivers available for it (mobo is from 2012). Would installing a separate soundcard offload sound generation from the CPU itself and to the card?
what pc is it? from 2012 it's either a sandy bridge i5

or amd bulldozer.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Little help with my new powerspec PC please. Everything runs fine until I start to play games on it. I can play for 30 min, hour, even a few hours at times but it always crashes with a black screen and a machine gun like digital sound. Reboots just fine and plays again until next crash.

Been monitoring temps and they seem fine. 3070 runs about 50c and proc is fine too with temps with AIO 60c-65c at load. Running a windows memtest right now but 75% complete and no probs detected.

Also did a clean wipe and install of drivers too. Did nothing. At this point I'm thinking my 3070 is a dud.

edit: memtest complete, no probs.

Last edited:

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Little help with my new powerspec PC please. Everything runs fine until I start to play games on it. I can play for 30 min, hour, even a few hours at times but it always crashes with a black screen and a machine gun like digital sound. Reboots just fine and plays again until next crash.

Been monitoring temps and they seem fine. 3070 runs about 50c and proc is fine too with temps with AIO 60c-65c at load. Running a windows memtest right now but 75% complete and no probs detected.

Also did a clean wipe and install of drivers too. Did nothing. At this point I'm thinking my 3070 is a dud.

Have you updated all the drivers from the motherboard manufacturer? Audio, chipset, etc?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
what pc is it? from 2012 it's either a sandy bridge i5

or amd bulldozer.
The cpu is an i5-3570k, on an Asus z-77 sabretooth motherboard. No other audio issues, so probably just the game. Just curious if a soundcard would actually lessen the load on the CPU at all.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

What CPU? Also, what is the wattage on your PSU? How old is it?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

are you crashing playing the same game only? and it is only playing games?

did you try running furmark or whatever burn in test, if your drivers are updated and you are not oc'ing atm and can run furmark, maybe your game is theproblem, what game?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
har har this was weird, so i got this new controller and i plug it in to charge
ee20cab224b09926953a37d8c4dd6739.png

pc reboots, wtf

and then it doesn't no more i get "please goto bios for boot drive"

so my nvme doesn't show up.

no need to panic, i know bios are stupid so i unplugged the hard drives and reboot

and then it see's the nvme boot drive.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
What CPU? Also, what is the wattage on your PSU? How old is it?
Its a brand new PowerSpec G437

I think the PSU is 650w

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
are you crashing playing the same game only? and it is only playing games?

did you try running furmark or whatever burn in test, if your drivers are updated and you are not oc'ing atm and can run furmark, maybe your game is theproblem, what game?
Well I only tried 2, and they both do the same shit, so its not the games.