Computer Issues

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Well I only tried 2, and they both do the same shit, so its not the games.
microcenter deleted this help question

is this whats happening to you? is this you?
4eac68ce054291fe91fa867dd828fb7e.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah its sort of like that but it happens more frequent. Also I get a digital machine gun soound when the screen goes black. Brrrrrrrr then it reboots. All my shit is up to date. All drivers all that good shit. I did a memtest and its good.

Im going to take it back to micro center tomorrow. Speaking with thier service duides they told me to bring it up to get serviced. LOL brand new $2400 comp.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Are you running a single monitor setup? Also are you running 32 or 64-bit versions of the games?

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
How do I even know if they are 32 bit or 64, I download from steam and play, lol.

Also, yeah 2 monitor, which I had for a while now even on old system.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Its a brand new PowerSpec G437

I think the PSU is 650w
Oof. That's like 500ish watts just between the GPU and CPU. Intels are total fucking power hogs. Depending on how many fans, HDDs, devices, etc. you have plugged into that thing, I wouldn't be shocked if your PSU isn't delivering enough power during load. Does it ever do it while idle?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Oof. That's like 500ish watts just between the GPU and CPU. Intels are total fucking power hogs. Depending on how many fans, HDDs, devices, etc. you have plugged into that thing, I wouldn't be shocked if your PSU isn't delivering enough power during load. Does it ever do it while idle?
I just did a power calc and its recommend a 650, max wattage for all my shit OC and 100% utilization is like 550w and thats even with 3x usb 3.0 plugged in. which I never do. Mouse and KB is a given. I think youre overestimating how much is needed, lol.

I mean, I fI was building this thing I would put a 750W at least in there. But you would hope the builders of this thing building and designing these things did not make a blunder as stupid as this?

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So umm, wait a second, that spec sheet I linked above says the g437 has a 750w power supply. But when I opened mine up to add drives, I swear I saw either 600-650 w.

Shit never mind, it's 750...
20210413_011618.jpg

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So umm, wait a second, that spec sheet I linked above says the g437 has a 750w power supply. But when I opened mine up to add drives, I swear I saw either 600-650 w.

Shit never mind, it's 750...
View attachment 347869
wait, the powersupply is actually called powerspec? so it's a no name chinese brand?

you don't got a real powersupply lying around?

holy shit, is that a 750w ps and it's 80bronze? wtf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I just did a power calc and its recommend a 650, max wattage for all my shit OC and 100% utilization is like 550w and thats even with 3x usb 3.0 plugged in. which I never do. Mouse and KB is a given. I think youre overestimating how much is needed, lol.

I mean, I fI was building this thing I would put a 750W at least in there. But you would hope the builders of this thing building and designing these things did not make a blunder as stupid as this?
The first link said it has an 11700KF, which is "listed" at 125w power draw, but that fucking thing can draw as high as high as 290-292w with turbo boost/under load. Like I said, that's where Intel has really been shitting the bed is in power draw. In many cases, it's literally double AMD.

So, you essentially have around 500-550w of power draw just from the CPU and GPU. Another 15-30w for the RAM, 15ish from the AIO, probably another 10-15 or so from the case fans, etc. At 650w, you're pushing it extremely close once you factor in motherboard, harddrive(s), usb devices, etc.

750w is much, much safer as you should never run a PSU very near/at max wattage. But, like Lanx has mentioned, that PSU is garbage and the fact that the restarts only happen once you start gaming(aka: put the computer under "load")? I'd really look into the PSU being your culprit.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well either way its going back to microcenter today for service. They can fix that shit. BTW that powersupply is bronze, but its a therlmaltake from what I read. They use all name btrand shit. MSI mo-bo, Lian Li case, cooler master AIO, Gskill Ripjaws ram, etc, so why would they use some shit PSU?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Well either way its going back to microcenter today for service. They can fix that shit. BTW that powersupply is bronze, but its a therlmaltake from what I read. They use all name btrand shit. MSI mo-bo, Lian Li case, cooler master AIO, Gskill Ripjaws ram, etc, so why would they use some shit PSU?
Bronze rated PSUs are universally dogshit. Most companies tend to skip silver because the cost to go from silver to gold is minimal for them. I really wouldn't touch a PSU that isn't at least gold rated.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I was having a heckuva time with my 5900x B550 MOBO build - constant crashing in game, pc randomly shutting down while watching streams, etc. I tried it all, new memory, PSU, MOBO, PSU etc. Resetting windows, drivers, the works.

Just sold it all and went back to underperforming Intel Z590 board, 11700K CPU and everything is zipping a long with no issues. No memory compatibility issues, games run until I close them out now. I don't care two dogs bollocks' about 5% improved performance or more efficient power when it takes a month to get everything working right. Fix your shit AMD.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Update on Microcenter trip...

So went up there with my broken ass PowerSpec, the dude at the service counter said 2 weeks minimum... Im like FUUU, but then hes like "wait a second!" did a search in his computer and said they just got one G437 in today, its still in shipping and not even in the computer. So hes like "we can just do a swap". Hell yeah! He proceeded to take all my shit out of the old one, the 2 drives I added, 1 fan in the back, plus he swapped the main M2 SSD so I would not even have to redo any of my shit.

So on the way home, in a good ass mood, stopped by a costco and treated myself to the 32"LG 1080p 165mhz I was eyeing there last visit. $209...

Now at home jsut played a bunch of games and it runs flawless, no crash yet... Man im so happy they just swapped it, I was thinking I would have to go without games for an extended time...

Edit: 3-4 hours of gaming now and no crash. Looks like the other PC was lemon.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
BTW that LG display is fucking nice. Puts my 60hz dell to shame thats next to it. And the dell is even a IPS panel. This new LG has actual blacks, absolutely no bleed through and stunning colors. Could not be happier for the price.

20210414_015213.jpg

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
BTW that LG display is fucking nice. Puts my 60hz dell to shame thats next to it. And the dell is even a IPS panel. This new LG has actual blacks, absolutely no bleed through and stunning colors. Could not be happier for the price.

View attachment 348127
Yeah, I have an LG widescreen that is 1080p, but only 60hz sadly. It has been relegated to my "browsing" monitor, but the colors on it beat the shit out of my IPS 165hz monitor. I love LGs stuff.

• 1Like