Computer Issues

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Was doing some work on my prebuilt and this seems bad…

View attachment 379858View attachment 379859
01e7475fbd172a32787fe653b7b7ff65.jpg

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
naw it's cool

no seriously, i'm pretty sure the rog strix only uses 1, 8pin and 1, 4pin motherboard connector and not 2 full 8pins, so thats just a half in there.
This is what I was assuming looking at it.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
naw it's cool

no seriously, i'm pretty sure the rog strix only uses 1, 8pin and 1, 4pin motherboard connector and not 2 full 8pins, so thats just a half in there.
So, essentially that 4-pin sitting at 30 degrees is attached to nothing?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So, essentially that 4-pin sitting at 30 degrees is attached to nothing?
yup, thats common practice to split a 8, into 4 cuz early on when 24pin was not enough, they only needed 4, then team blue needed 8pin for their more power hungry cpus, so instead of added more wires, they just made a connector that could split to 4+4 (thats how it's called)
Y0JzMmQAs-6txsuugLQ0ahWmLtEvnzq3PKKjajZWjqewzw2BqdW7DD3-o1bvkJw3r7f2UgGxtjsNcriXt-gZGnqZpTmnsTOiI9Ben5v9F6i2_P4G1A4

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I agree with that assessment. It's only a problem if that is actually connected to something, which seems incredibly unlikely. Plus there are a lot of situations where you don't even need that extra power

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I agree with that assessment. It's only a problem if that is actually connected to something, which seems incredibly unlikely. Plus there are a lot of situations where you don't even need that extra power
if that was connected to anything his house would be in flames lulz, plus judging from the position of the board and power pins right under neath that unused 4pin should be a mounting screw to the mb (they wouldn't be able to fit a screw anywhere else.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Well, turns out that somehow I disabled all of my fans. Like literally every fan: CPU water cooling, GPU fans, and case fans. All in all like 10 fans stopped working.

Literally only thing I did was add a harddrive.

The only thing I can think is that the HD seats in the back of the case near a Coarsair hub where all the fans get plugged in. Maybe something came loose.

It still wouldn’t explain the GPU fans tho.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If they all hook up to a hub and the hub somehow got disconnected would explain it

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>