Computer Issues

matsb84

Silver Knight of the Realm
Agree with the above..disconnect the SATAs as a start to see if that resolves it. Both power and sata cables.

Check all power connectors into the motherboard..I'd probably reseat them to be certain. I'd assume a 4/8 pin along with the main power connector and if no onboard power button, ensure the headers are in correctly. And if you have a modular PS, ensure the connections there are in snuggly (again, reseat for certainty). I wouldnt think this would be it, but make sure the power cable from the PS to the wall is also in securely at both ends (and if your PS has an on/off switch, check that its on...obvious, but it can get missed). Basically, check all cables/points of failure to get power to the board.

Would also make sure the MB is sitting in your case properly..not touching any metal and is on the standoffs properly..if you can take the mobo out of the case and still get the headers from the case to connect for power, id do that as a sanity check.

After that..you can check the power supply itself..paper clip test is an easy enough test.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
make sure you didn't accidentally ground your mb, maybe you put too much pressure somewhere when you tried to plug in your sata cables b/c you couldn't find the hole cuz they are right angle and you put too much downward pressure and the mb screws shorted or whatever

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I replaced all the cables and that worked to get it to turn on. But it still won’t detect any of my SSD or HDD. Not sure what to do from here.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Check page 32 of the manual to make sure you are using the right ports in the M.2 & SATA combination table

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I replaced all the cables and that worked to get it to turn on. But it still won’t detect any of my SSD or HDD. Not sure what to do from here.

Some mobos disable certain SATA ports if it runs out of PCIE lanes, especially older ones like yours. Are you using the M.2 slots as well?

mobo.jpg

This is page 33 of your manual.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
did you check your bios and make sure you don't have it set to something like RAID?

Animosity

Ok forum bros. My “new” build is still not working. I can’t even enter Bios now. I hit the button to enter and I just get a black screen. Any ideas on how to fix this?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Flash the bios to latest version would be first thing I’d try

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Flash the bios to latest version would be first thing I’d try
His Mobo shouldnt need a "latest version" as it ships with it. Unless you mean refresh to default settings, then idk.

Ok forum bros. My “new” build is still not working. I can’t even enter Bios now. I hit the button to enter and I just get a black screen. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Do you have a second computer to hook this stuff up to so you can rule out each part as you go?

Animosity

His Mobo shouldnt need a "latest version" as it ships with it. Unless you mean refresh to default settings, then idk.

Do you have a second computer to hook this stuff up to so you can rule out each part as you go?
No I dont. The HDDs were from my previous computer so I know they are fine. And all my "new" parts I bought from a friend who is constantly upgrading his PC. So I know everything works. I just cant get BIOS to work now so I can keep trying to trouble shoot it not detecting my HDDs.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If he can't even get into the bios, he needs to flash it to see if it can at minimum be accessible.

Last edited: