Computer Issues

Palum

what Suineg set it to
My mouse for my PC moves around quite a bit when I don't even have my hand on it. Updated my drivers and shit yesterday but it didn't fix the problem. For some reason there isn't a re-calibration option available to me. Anyone know how to go about fixing this?

In windows or just in games?

It sounds like you have your sensitivity set higher than the DPI setting of the mouse so it's trying to 'software adjust' where it thinks it should be in excess of hardware capability. That can sometimes cause cursor creep.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Just when it's sitting idly, and it's almost always the same no matter what application I"m running. So just turn down the speed?

Well try cranking up your dpi settings in the vendor specific application and turn down mouse sensitivity in windows/various apps?

I dunno what mouse you have though

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Okay guys, I need some Logitech owners to chime in.

Every once in awhile my PC will reboot and default to the mouse profiles rather than the profiles saved on the PC and I am unable to use my mouse or keyboard. I can't seem to figure out how to move the profiles over to the mouse so this shit doesn't happen anymore.

I just got locked out of my PC for an hour because I had to dig out a mouse to click one button to make my stuff work, so fucking stupid.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
My mouse for my PC moves around quite a bit when I don't even have my hand on it. Updated my drivers and shit yesterday but it didn't fix the problem. For some reason there isn't a re-calibration option available to me. Anyone know how to go about fixing this?
This will happen if you have a shit mouse, or a nice mouse with one of those glossy, textured mouse pads. We need more details.

Palum

what Suineg set it to

Every once in awhile my PC will reboot and default to the mouse profiles rather than the profiles saved on the PC and I am unable to use my mouse or keyboard. I can't seem to figure out how to move the profiles over to the mouse so this shit doesn't happen anymore.

I just got locked out of my PC for an hour because I had to dig out a mouse to click one button to make my stuff work, so fucking stupid.

Are you sure you have them? Mine only stores it on the mouse, I can only choose between on-board memory and auto-detect mode.

Also how is your mouse not working at all? Do you have some shitty default profile with no buttons bound or something?

Hekotat

Are you sure you have them? Mine only stores it on the mouse, I can only choose between on-board memory and auto-detect mode.

Also how is your mouse not working at all? Do you have some shitty default profile with no buttons bound or something?

I'll get a screenshot and show you the options I have, it's basically a slider that says "use profiles stored on mouse" or "Use profiles stored on PC". When it defaults to the mouse profiles you can move the mouse but it barely moves and none of the buttons work, I can get the software open using the keyboard but you can't navigate the menu's in the software with it. It is the stupidest shit I've ever seen.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Weird, do you have the most recent version of the Logitech gaming software?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Is this a laptop? Why would a mouse stop working like that?

Hekotat

Is this a laptop? Why would a mouse stop working like that?

Desktop PC, I've had this issue ever since I got my G600 mouse and installed their software. I've even replaced the mouse once and it persists even with fresh installs.

At the 39 second mark in this video you can see the option, his is switched to it and it's working. Mine has to be switch to the right or it won't work.

Hekotat

Do you need to use their software?

Maybe it's not getting admin rights or something

I'll try that.

The software is how you change the colors/keybinds for the mouse. I was trying to figure out how to transfer the profiles on the PC to the mouse but haven't figured it out.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I would remove all traces of the Logitech software and drivers then see if it works with the generic windows mouse driver. If it doesn't, you've got something wrong beyond the logitech software, as I've never had one one of their mice that didn't function with the generic driver.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I was looking to update my laptop with better and/or more RAM and an ssd so I started taking off the back plates. Found easily the sata HDD and then I found this. It's obviously the processor and video card, and it looks to be 2 slots for RAM but where the heck then is the 8gb RAM the system already has? I don't want to cause issues by just jamming some RAM into these slots on top of the old stuff.

20170902_182901.jpg

Crone

Yeah on my laptop. You could look up your model and should see where they are

You lucked out because they put ram in the visible slots and left the invisible ones empty
I found an owners manual I'll look through that should tell me where. I really hope it's not underneath the keyboard, because that would suck to get too.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I found an owners manual I'll look through that should tell me where. I really hope it's not underneath the keyboard, because that would suck to get too.

It actually might not be hard to get to if it's on the other side under the keyboard. I've had laptops where the keyboard is a tray that you just push in a bunch of tabs around it's edges and you can pop the whole thing off as a single piece. Just a simple, annoyingly short ribbon connected it. If yours doesn't work that way, it probably will be a pain in the ass where you have to remove the entire motherboard.

Crone

It actually might not be hard to get to if it's on the other side under the keyboard. I've had laptops where the keyboard is a tray that you just push in a bunch of tabs around it's edges and you can pop the whole thing off as a single piece. Just a simple, annoyingly short ribbon connected it. If yours doesn't work that way, it probably will be a pain in the ass where you have to remove the entire motherboard.
According to the manual it's underneath the keyboard, and easily visible as soon as the keyboard is removed. They call this the secondary RAM slots, and while the super easy ones to access that are on the back are considered the main ones. No idea why they would put the only RAM the system has in the "secondary" one. Kinda annoying. haha