Computer Issues

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Have you tried going into your bios and setting your processor to the "eco" or whatever the lowest power setting is and see if that buys you more time in between freezes? I'll bet it's the motherboard itself causing the issue. Have you also tried monitoring CPU heat? HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID Try seeing what pops up on that before it freezes - especially check if there are any heat or voltage issues.

I have the CPU on the lowest settings, I had it slightly overclocked for years without issue. Heatwise I did monitor it and it was running between 45-50

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I bought a Office 2010 key a couple years ago from one of the sellers on Microsoft swap reddit, and Sean, the dude is still on there selling. Recently got a new SSD so a fresh windows install and was trying to get download links and the key isn't working on Microsoft's website. You're supposed to be able to punch in the key, and it'll give you a download link but I keep getting errors for the key. There's another Microsoft page that specifically says, getting errors with your Office 2010 key, do this, but the page no longer works... Any ideas? I messaged the seller, but haven't heard back.

This is the page where the key isn't working: Download Earlier Versions of Office

Crone

So I bought a Office 2010 key a couple years ago from one of the sellers on Microsoft swap reddit, and Sean, the dude is still on there selling. Recently got a new SSD so a fresh windows install and was trying to get download links and the key isn't working on Microsoft's website. You're supposed to be able to punch in the key, and it'll give you a download link but I keep getting errors for the key. There's another Microsoft page that specifically says, getting errors with your Office 2010 key, do this, but the page no longer works... Any ideas? I messaged the seller, but haven't heard back.

This is the page where the key isn't working: Download Earlier Versions of Office
Little disheartening, but s5ean on the Microsoft Swap reddit just replied to me and said sorry I don't sell those keys anymore. I can't imagine the key expired somehow, so I'm unsure why it's no longer working.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Little disheartening, but s5ean on the Microsoft Swap reddit just replied to me and said sorry I don't sell those keys anymore. I can't imagine the key expired somehow, so I'm unsure why it's no longer working.

Also 2010 is really old and tired. Just bite the bullet and sign up for O365

Palum

what Suineg set it to
If you aren't a power user or care very much, I'm sure 2016 would be fine for a while. The only real benefit to O365 is the "free" upgrade every 3 years.

Crone

I had a few windows key deactivate from him
He's been on there years so it's a bit surprising. Unsure if he's some creep ass dude on a college campus pimping students out for their education discount or what? Lol

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I assume there are zero ways of bypassing bitlocker still, correct? Besides using the correct bitkey or password.
Is formatting the drive possible, or does bitlocker keep that shit locked down too?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
an issue popped up yesterday... mainly presents itself as audio stuttering/crackling, but everything stutters a little bit... got balls deep into some googling and i've narrowed down the problem -- high DPC latency associated with my ndis.sys driver. unfortunately, even tho i can find many many threads scattered across the internet discussing the issue, there seems to be no clear cut solution, and many people just gave up trying to fix it.

you guys have any ideas?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
What's your system loadout? CPU throttling in the BIOS can cause the overall hiccuping you're describing. Can also happen when you're taking up 75% of your RAM and you have to hit the page file consistently, or the page file isn't set to be big enough.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
What's your system loadout? CPU throttling in the BIOS can cause the overall hiccuping you're describing. Can also happen when you're taking up 75% of your RAM and you have to hit the page file consistently, or the page file isn't set to be big enough.

checked the first thing, was already set to use 100% when plugged in (which i am)

could be something chewing up my RAM, maybe i need to look at what gets loaded on system startup.

the issue seems to come and go. right now i've got a dozen tabs open but was able to play a YouTube video just fine, whereas earlier today it would have been hitching every few seconds.

earlier this year it did it for several l weeks, but then just magically stopped happening one day.

i should probably figure out how to turn off automatic updates, but they don't make that very easy to do on Windows 10...

thanks for the ideas.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i've got an intel core i3. laptop is a dell. how would i check temperature throttling? been years since i've messed around with the BIOS on any machine.