Conan Exiles

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
It seemed like many that had done the survival genre before tired of it quickly. I hadn't played a game like it so I put a lot of time into it, and have had a good time just building stuff and slaving and such.
The various patches caused the collapse of my tier 3 castle I noticed today. This:

20170309233119_1.jpg

Turned into:

20170728141926_1.jpg

I had to use the climbing system to get down, which was very cool btw. You can't just go nuts it drains stamina so I had to make my way to ledges.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Ya Kharz, same boat here. I would get into a build+survive game, put in a ton of time, then a patch/server wipe undid all my work and I had no motivation to start from scratch. There was one server I played on in DayZ epoch...I must have put 100+ hours into my base, etc...then the server went bye and all that was lost.

• 1Solidarity

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I just wish I could have been there to see it fall haha. Must have looked really cool. There were 30ish thralls in there.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Thats the thing with these survival games...the whole server wipe nonsense just turns me off. Spend all that time grinding, build and improving, only to get it all wiped away. Feels bad.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Hadn't played this since like Feb/March and just dicking around in SP but wow they added a fuckton of things to craft and customize since then. I think it beats out Rust/ARK for items you can make without mods now.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The heat system, extremely overboard fall damage, and even more broken than usual building makes it fairly unplayable right now. I'll try again in a dozen or so patches.

Right now as far as I can tell the heat system is opposite. Like my canyon dwelling is like a furnace even though it is nice and shady, but I go outside in the sun and cool off?

Caliane

The heat system, extremely overboard fall damage, and even more broken than usual building makes it fairly unplayable right now. I'll try again in a dozen or so patches.

Right now as far as I can tell the heat system is opposite. Like my canyon dwelling is like a furnace even though it is nice and shady, but I go outside in the sun and cool off?
well, I mean you have your furnace, etc in there don't you?!

Mao

Trakanon Raider
Anyone still playing this? I poked at the IP address Vepil had posted and it was timing out. Interested in hoping back in just to play around with the new expansion now that I have some free time again.

• 1Smuggly

Caliane

Dev stream for combat overhaul.

short notes:
dodge ani-cancels. has i-frames.
Stamina system. attacks, dodge etc burn stamina. regens quickly.
light attack, and heavy attack. combo chains.

aim correction, and target lock is in.
first person is OUT. (there is an override, but pvp is designed for 3rd person)
crossbows also removed.

Perk system for stats. every 5 points in a stat unlocks perks.
Live Testing mid February.

Caliane

i'll be giving it a go at some point. we'll see how the timing goes with Path of exile, and vermintide.

some quick thoughts on this, and where its at.

Pvp is an utter failure. They have no systems for balancing, encouraging, discouraging pvp in any way. a total shitshow. Both in terms of 1v1 pvp, as well as offline/online raiding. there is nothing to stop, or defend vs offline raiding. Their only defense vs gods, is just a stupid magic bubble on timers.
stealing is simple with climbing, or breaking down walls.
teleporters....

Pve has actually made tons of ground. dungeons, which are meh... but something. legendary weapons. world bosses. The world is much larger now.
neutral city+coins to allow player trading.
Animals are much much more immersive now.

purge seems like kindof shit.

Its not quite subnautica. but huge strides have been made in that regards. A single or mp pve playthough, is probably worth the price on sale... (full 60$ fuck you.)

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Interesting. I'd have figured this game was long abandoned after the initial rush wore off. May have to reinstall.

Caliane

Should note, a good amount of initial ideas have been gutted or removed.

necromancy/sorcery is out.
Mounts are out.
purge is in, but totally barebones.

colony sim is out. Thralls are basically as simple as they were at start, and any idea of them being more complex has been cancelled.

So, FO4 Settlements are still the BEST for that. (also I hear there is a mod that makes that better, near godlike)

• 1Like

error

Molten Core Raider
Good info. Interesting. That news makes me a bit less interested, as I enjoy a bit of PvP, but playing through at least once after launch sounds like fun until I get tired of it. Might be better to just wait for the next round of 7D2D (w/ mods) for some reason that game grabs me. I'll keep an eye out for a Conan server if one goes up.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm really havin fun with this again. They've fixed so much stuff and added tons of cool stuff going to take me awhile to see it all.