Conan Exiles

Siliconemelons

server wipes, entire game rehaul and changes to core mechanics over and over...

but it has titties right? and even ASIAN TITTIES? RIGHT?! where do we sign up

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Server wipes? Like official servers?

I actually like the combat. If you had described it to me I'd have run away screaming. It sounds like a consoley japanese slasher. There's a bit of animation lock-in, some active dodge etc. But I actually really like it.

Multiple foes gets really tricky, especially if there's a mix of blunt / blade / polearm. I've been using axe / shield, but I just made a wicked sword I've yet to try out.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah, pve is pretty solid I think. Ill def put a good amount of time into a pve server.

Pvp however is downright unplayable imo.

And that is just the 1v1 elements. The raiding, etc is just as poorly thought out. the devs have also not indicated any sort of plan for pvp whatever. no design philosophy. no concept of systems.
The closest Ive seen is from yesterdays stream.
I don't remember the timestamp sadly.

They think their god, and god shield system is 100% elegant.. climbing. perfect solution to the mountain base...
With Purge added, the re-enabled structure damage, from ALL forms of weapons. Meaning, you CAN break t3 bases, with just your FISTS punching them.
They think high HP structures, and low damage weapons, will be enough.

They seem to have no concept of counterplay. or pvp systems.
They don't even remotely understand offline raiding, and hours involved. The structure hp, and weapon damage thing. they don't even seem to understand, that a guild of 5 people can and will just PUNCH their way into a base, in the 20hours+ you are offline.

They joking mention clash of clans at one point. but you know what, Clash of clans understands pvp better. Constant raiding in that. you lose resources, but your entire base and assets are not wiped out. Raids are fast, and have time limits. you can't just sit there raiding an offline player over and over, until they are empty.

Its so frustrating to see these pvp survival games, fail to understand they create the base systems, so the pvp systems are entirely in there hands, and the tools they give the players. The shitshow FFA of offline raiding, etc, is their fault, and CAN BE FIXED.

I mean, ffs. just the ability to HIDE things would be a huge boon. False floors, holes you can throw shit into, that other players can't see, or is REALLY hard to see.
Second, is the base destruction issue. Breaking a wall, should not utterly destroy it. simply set the wall to "broken". With rapid decay. So, the owners can simply repair the broken item, to restore the bench, entry, etc..
how hard is that?
more complex, would be creating a more intense/time limited raiding system. ideally this should be in game, not an abstract raid timer. In the context of conan, I think this should come in the form of thralls. They should resurrect naturally. Create a war of attrition. if thralls keep resurrecting in a base, on a relatively short timer, the longer a raid goes on, the more healing, etc the attackers need to do, before being repelled.
A carpenter thrall, that automatically repairs broken items as well, would be ideal. Sealing broken walls back up. Forcing attackers to break it down again, if they want to come back. and possibly even sealing them IN, to get cut down by constantly respawning defense thralls.
Sure, some may argue this is pve, in pvp. but how the fuck is raiding an empty offline base pvp?

Climbing in conan is fantastic. however, it murders any base creativity. its WAY too easy to just climb into any base that is not a solid box.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Yea I don't do pvp. The server I'm on is fairly easy mode pve.

I built some with the black ice reinforced stuff yesterday. I wasn't sure if it would melt and fall or what it would do. It says insulation vs cold but in my air conditioned armor in the top room, I was actually getting cold. Ordinarily it is fairly hot in there. So I guess the ice stuff makes it colder? I'm confused.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, pve is pretty solid I think. Ill def put a good amount of time into a pve server.

Pvp however is downright unplayable imo.

And that is just the 1v1 elements. The raiding, etc is just as poorly thought out. the devs have also not indicated any sort of plan for pvp whatever. no design philosophy. no concept of systems.
The closest Ive seen is from yesterdays stream.
I don't remember the timestamp sadly.

They think their god, and god shield system is 100% elegant.. climbing. perfect solution to the mountain base...
With Purge added, the re-enabled structure damage, from ALL forms of weapons. Meaning, you CAN break t3 bases, with just your FISTS punching them.
They think high HP structures, and low damage weapons, will be enough.

They seem to have no concept of counterplay. or pvp systems.
They don't even remotely understand offline raiding, and hours involved. The structure hp, and weapon damage thing. they don't even seem to understand, that a guild of 5 people can and will just PUNCH their way into a base, in the 20hours+ you are offline.

They joking mention clash of clans at one point. but you know what, Clash of clans understands pvp better. Constant raiding in that. you lose resources, but your entire base and assets are not wiped out. Raids are fast, and have time limits. you can't just sit there raiding an offline player over and over, until they are empty.

Its so frustrating to see these pvp survival games, fail to understand they create the base systems, so the pvp systems are entirely in there hands, and the tools they give the players. The shitshow FFA of offline raiding, etc, is their fault, and CAN BE FIXED.

I mean, ffs. just the ability to HIDE things would be a huge boon. False floors, holes you can throw shit into, that other players can't see, or is REALLY hard to see.
Second, is the base destruction issue. Breaking a wall, should not utterly destroy it. simply set the wall to "broken". With rapid decay. So, the owners can simply repair the broken item, to restore the bench, entry, etc..
how hard is that?
more complex, would be creating a more intense/time limited raiding system. ideally this should be in game, not an abstract raid timer. In the context of conan, I think this should come in the form of thralls. They should resurrect naturally. Create a war of attrition. if thralls keep resurrecting in a base, on a relatively short timer, the longer a raid goes on, the more healing, etc the attackers need to do, before being repelled.
A carpenter thrall, that automatically repairs broken items as well, would be ideal. Sealing broken walls back up. Forcing attackers to break it down again, if they want to come back. and possibly even sealing them IN, to get cut down by constantly respawning defense thralls.
Sure, some may argue this is pve, in pvp. but how the fuck is raiding an empty offline base pvp?

Climbing in conan is fantastic. however, it murders any base creativity. its WAY too easy to just climb into any base that is not a solid box.

that dude being unable to hold his camera still makes the video completely unwatchable. this is conan exiles, not conan parkinson's

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Been waiting for the release for a while. I love this game in PvE so if any of you guys are playing together on an official server let me know which one!

Caliane

I jumped on during lunch and made a char on #1508 us Pve.

I had considered pve conflict for a bit, but decided against it. Also, tend to play solo, with weird times. so, don't follow hoping to do much co-op. but if you want to jump on the same, just cuase. there you go.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Just saw this released. Really enjoyed it back in pre-release, would be up for giving it another run if you guys are all playing in a server somewhere.

Caliane

population caps on official servers make playing together just about impossible. They hit that 40/40 way too fast. Hell its nearly impossible for a single player to get back onto their own server.

They need some sort of system that assigns server population from player built structures. So, if you built a building, you are assigned to that server, and new players can't join, until it decays out.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Ya'll need a private server

BTW, I have fully plundered the volcanic area. Kinda cool but I think the loot tables are broken.

I've not yet delved much into the jungle, just one corner. I did not see Axl Rose

Last edited:

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
The latest reviews of this on Steam are higher than the total average. I was thinking about picking it up but I just might wait since you guys seem to be mostly shitting on it.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I really like it. There's lots to do. I'd expect reviews to take a nosedive as people are furious they can't get back on a server they made a char on. If a game gives you the option to run a server why wouldn't you?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I like the building in fortnite, and wish I could do so in peace in a more open world environment.

Is this the game for me, in ps4? Better than fallout4 base building, or at least on par?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Nevermind.
The first stream i watched with building looked interesting
The next, with everything else, looked dogshit.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
We bought a private server from Funcom last night, our crew is about 20/70 and were split up into teams of 6-7 currently. We have 2 more 7 man crews coming over so not sure how were going to organize but wed like to do as balanced PVP as possible. Feel free to come onto our server if youre looking for a spot.

This is our server Conan Exiles Server List

If anyone has advice on server settings or anything please let us know. We literally did this on a whim and are trying to make this appealing so any help would be appreciated.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
We bought a private server from Funcom last night, our crew is about 20/70 and were split up into teams of 6-7 currently. We have 2 more 7 man crews coming over so not sure how were going to organize but wed like to do as balanced PVP as possible. Feel free to come onto our server if youre looking for a spot.

This is our server Conan Exiles Server List

If anyone has advice on server settings or anything please let us know. We literally did this on a whim and are trying to make this appealing so any help would be appreciated.

Is there cross play on Xbox One X/PC? Also, anyone playing on Console? Also, on console, are the controls as crap as in Seven Days to Die? 7 Days to Die on PS4 is basically using a controller for Keyboard Mouse commands and it flat out is horrendous. Imagine going into your UI's and using right analog to control a mouse pointer....

Caliane

tempting. but this games shitty server systems has made me restart already like 5 times... and not going to do it AGAIN..

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
We boosted the XP to 3x, I am a total noob and first time survival game player but it seems easy to figure out. A lot of goddamn crafting and gathering from what I can tell.