Conan Exiles

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Gator Gator can you post the screenshot here? Dont even know how to find a ps4 community.

I started a base inside one of those gothic looking buildings, where you can see on my screenshot.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Oh, I see it now. You guys are a good ways away from me. I'll head that way when I get on tonight.

You guys picked a bone-dry area, though.

Screenshot_20190504-130014_Chrome.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Oh, I see it now. You guys are a good ways away from me. I'll head that way when I get on tonight.

You guys picked a bone-dry area, though.

View attachment 206094
That's depressing, didn't know that map existed. Probably explains why there wasn't a giant base claiming the land. We can always move though. I've just been screwing around figuring out the game and trying to complete the journey tab.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
That's depressing, didn't know that map existed. Probably explains why there wasn't a giant base claiming the land. We can always move though. I've just been screwing around figuring out the game and trying to complete the journey tab.
I started a base nearby you and posted a screenshot in the ps4 community. Not much real estate though because most of the land around me has been claimed.

I normally try to find a spot that has stone, wood, water, coal and iron ore nearby. Don't care too much about the rest because I've never made it that deep into the journey. I just fuck around with building.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I started a base nearby you and posted a screenshot in the ps4 community. Not much real estate though because most of the land around me has been claimed.

I normally try to find a spot that has stone, wood, water, coal and iron ore nearby. Don't care too much about the rest because I've never made it that deep into the journey. I just fuck around with building.
that's all you need. you can basically build everything with those materials. steel (and hardened steel) are a pain to make, so just go raid new asgarth for steel

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Hey Utnayan Utnayan and Gator Gator - How do we make a clan in this?

You guys want to head over to the base I started with plenty of Iron nearby, or go find somewhere else that doesn't have as much claimed land nearby?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah we have To invite you in game. :) gator or I can do it.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
No, LOL. Especially not tonight. Working full time plus teaching at night. Finals week started tonight.

Maybe some weekend if I'm drunk. Haven't done a drunk gaming night with Ut yet.

The game itself, I just dunno. I like the PvE portions of it. PvP, it just seems like you're fucked if you're a small clan, and if you can't manage to herd other small clans together. Playing with RL friends was frustrating because they didn't trust anyone enough to recruit outside their circle, and then were so few in number that the alpha clans could just raid and God-bomb them at will. Clans that were fully built up structurally and could focus on Zeal, Archpriest and Demon's Blood farming seemed to dominate. If there ever was a balance of power at the top, I'd either see some of the established clans get bored and fade away, leaving the spoils to the top clans that were already prepping to take their shit, or the alpha clan would just pick a competitor and dick-slap them repeatedly until they quit to another server.

I think the worst I saw was a single night with only 2 people in one clan online drop something like 7 gods over 3 bases.

Not sure if I'd find it fun to do that to small clans myself, though. Maybe if they talked mad shit and deserved to be trolled...

I've hardly done any pvp and hate having my base raided. PvE conflict servers are the way to go.

There's honestly no longevity to the game, I've just always wanted to play with a few people for a week or three. I'm mainly into the base building

• 1Like

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Yea, the pve conflict server is so much more enjoyable knowing your stuff won't be destroyed. I ended building giant warehouse around my crafting area because some dude came in a stole everything. Then another came and murdered uts turtle. Poor guy...

Bandwagon Bandwagon what's your play times look like? I feel like we are on opposite schedules.

Utnayan Utnayan sorry about last night. I logged on, fell asleep, woke up and went to bed lol

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Yea, the pve conflict server is so much more enjoyable knowing your stuff won't be destroyed. I ended building giant warehouse around my crafting area because some dude came in a stole everything. Then another came and murdered uts turtle. Poor guy...

Bandwagon Bandwagon what's your play times look like? I feel like we are on opposite schedules.

Utnayan Utnayan sorry about last night. I logged on, fell asleep, woke up and went to bed lol
I only get an hour or two, usually around 9pm PST.
We really just need to get on once at the same time for a clan invite. After that, I think you guys can use my base and build on top of it without the "land is claimed" message.

I tried to build a foundation big enough for everyone to have some build room on it, but it takes a long time with the circular patterns I always use. Usually better to build a huge foundation OUT before going UP, because there will always be some asshole that runs by and drops a bunch of foundations to cock block.

If you guys think you'll actually make your way over, I'll build a couple more tonight a d connect them all.

I put about another hour into this after taking the picture.

PS Communities_20190508_092736.jpg

PS Communities_20190508_092742.jpg

Gator

Molten Core Raider
That looks a lot nicer than my Cosco sized warehouse.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

That's ok I saw your message, ignored it, and played Apex with LoneWolf So my apologies too! :p

• 1Dislike

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
PVE conflict...is that just open world PVP with lootable corpses, just no building damage?

Is there any point in religion/Gods?

That looks a lot nicer than my Cosco sized warehouse.
I bought the DLC for the different blocks, then hardly ever got a chance to use any of it.

T3 hardened brick shit made me about want to stab myself in the fucking throat though.

EDIT: The game legit felt like an early beta or late alpha in a lot of ways, even now.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Gator

Molten Core Raider
The server we are on has no building damage, farming and experience is x10, when you die the loot goes with you so there is no real risk. It's fun to just screw around. The game has some real issues but there's a charm to it. I think if I was on a pvp server or normal progression I would have quit already.

Also, a new anniversary update comes out soon Anniversary Update – Sunken City, Scorpion Den, Content Revamp and More - Conan Exiles

• 1Solidarity

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Sounds good. Right now no pve-c servers are showing up. I've tried searching the server name but no luck so far. Maybe you will have better luck. Also, theres a 14gb patch

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Yes, I ran by your old base the other day. I figured out the glitch. Search pvp servers, let the list populate then change Combat mode to all. From there change the filter to history or favorites and it should show up