Conan Exiles

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
if you want mods, just go to nexusmods. i know they have some there, but i haven't really looked at any because i play on an official server, so no mods allowed. there isn't really a guide anywhere that i've found, outside of the random wiki's you can find through google but there isn't really much information to be had.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I type all my questions into Google. Then scroll through till I find what I'm looking for but for the most part, it's instantly answered. There's also a wiki but I find it hit and miss

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Mods help alot with the game's problems. Tree bark is / was an annoying part of the whole production chain. You had to chop down an entire goddamn forest to get enough bark to make a suit of leather. So most solutions involve creating bark at the table where wood planks are made (makes sense, you strip it away to shape the wood). Mine is called bark byproduct.

If you like to change up your look I recommend char edit lite, and my own personal dyes.

If you want to cuddle with your thralls or other people get conan sexiles.

After that there's a ton of furniture and such that people have added. I haven't played inawhile so not sure what is out there and working. Mods tend to break over time as they patch the game.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I just remembered that this game gave me some really brutal headaches, too. Couple of weeks went by, no idea what it was, tried a number of things and then just had to up and quit gaming altogether for a week or so.

Came back to Conan, and fuck me if the headaches didn't start up after a few hours that night. Even my eyes started hurting. Finally, after a lot of randomg hunting in Google, I found one other person talking about this game's funky AA settings, and that he also got headaches when playing it. I have no ideas about the inner workings of AA, only that changing the engine.ini cfg completely eliminated my issue with the headaches.

No idea if this only affects like one in a million people, or what.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Interesting! I have a friend with a really rare condition that causes pain whenever he sees the color blue. I guess in this case it's FXAA?

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Started playing with an animal pen, try and get a combat pet to help me out. First baby croc turns into a Greater, and has a little over 8000 more HP than me, I thought they were rare? Thing is a literal beast, and nothing seems to scratch it so far, even though it has wound textures on it after combat. Guess combat will be a breeze for awhile, as long as I have Salty with me. Have a use for all the meat now, since I'm on a strict human flesh, bugs & berries diet.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Started playing with an animal pen, try and get a combat pet to help me out. First baby croc turns into a Greater, and has a little over 8000 more HP than me, I thought they were rare? Thing is a literal beast, and nothing seems to scratch it so far, even though it has wound textures on it after combat. Guess combat will be a breeze for awhile, as long as I have Salty with me. Have a use for all the meat now, since I'm on a strict human flesh, bugs & berries diet.
Think you just got lucky unless you were feeding the Crocs their preferred food (exquisite meat?). I don't know what the base chance for (most) Greaters is...might be like 5%. Preferred food bumps that up to like 15%, 20% or maybe 30%. I never had a chance to try shadespiced food, but if you have it, I guess that's an option.

If you kill lots of a certain tameable animal near your base and see the babies spawn a lot, it might definitely be better to just spam train those w/o using preferred food, unless that's an easy food too.

I think wound textures get bugged to where your pet will look wounded forever once it gets hurt.

• 1Like

j00t

Mods help alot with the game's problems. Tree bark is / was an annoying part of the whole production chain. You had to chop down an entire goddamn forest to get enough bark to make a suit of leather. So most solutions involve creating bark at the table where wood planks are made (makes sense, you strip it away to shape the wood). Mine is called bark byproduct.

If you like to change up your look I recommend char edit lite, and my own personal dyes.

If you want to cuddle with your thralls or other people get conan sexiles.

After that there's a ton of furniture and such that people have added. I haven't played inawhile so not sure what is out there and working. Mods tend to break over time as they patch the game.

use a pick on trees and you'll get bark instead of wood

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

the base greater chance is different for each animal, i think, but yeah it's like right around 10%. feeding it different foods increases that chance, it's possible you gave it it's preferred food which would be (for crocs) like... a 25% chance?

anyway, i would love to play more with pets, but thralls are just better in every area. there are some pets that do some amazing damage, the sand reaper queen is pretty obnoxious with her poison. but the problem is that a) you can't do anything to change their armor or attack damage, whereas with a thrall you can equip them with better gear so that even a tier 1 thrall can out damage a greater pet (also, if you get the lifeblood spear you can give that to your thrall and it will heal them EXTREMELY quickly) and b) THEY ARE JUST TO GODDAMN BIG. GET OUT OF THE WAY. MOVE. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD YOU STUPID RHINO. MOOOOOOOOOVE

• 2Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
and b) THEY ARE JUST TO GODDAMN BIG. GET OUT OF THE WAY. MOVE. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD YOU STUPID RHINO. MOOOOOOOOOVE
Yeah, this was a major complaint of mine. Especially if you run into your base, forget to leave your pet on guard elsewhere, and end up stuck in a corner with your pet trapping you.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Yeah pet novelty thing wore off quick, be better if you could command them to attack. I'll try for something a bit faster, got a couple hyenas brewing, croc too slow while I'm using a bow.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Is there any reason to buy any of the DLC beyond cosmetic value? None of them describe new content besides skins/visual type stuff.

If that's it, I have no need, seems like plenty of options in base game so far. I played minecraft for a couple years and didn't complain or even mod it much.

The climbing stuff gives me a Just Cause 2 vibe, in a good way, I just discovered you can hang from shit and climb it horizontal yesterday by accident, and discovered height and water depth do actually matter in this game. Pantheon should steal climbing, but make it buggy so people always fall randomly, it would be epic.

Sure I could probably throw a cheat on and do some kind of noclip like minecraft, but climbing is amusing and a bit of a challenge while building so far. Currently attempting to rebuild that first broken bridge you come across when you start new, just as an idea of my "practice" to get used to the game.

Leveling is slowish, but not really doing much beyond building and eating my neighbors so far. Kinda anxious to get to the point of testing out the whole human sacrifice thing, at least from what I read it's something like that.

• 2Like

j00t

Is there any reason to buy any of the DLC beyond cosmetic value? None of them describe new content besides skins/visual type stuff.

If that's it, I have no need, seems like plenty of options in base game so far. I played minecraft for a couple years and didn't complain or even mod it much.

The climbing stuff gives me a Just Cause 2 vibe, in a good way, I just discovered you can hang from shit and climb it horizontal yesterday by accident, and discovered height and water depth do actually matter in this game. Pantheon should steal climbing, but make it buggy so people always fall randomly, it would be epic.

Sure I could probably throw a cheat on and do some kind of noclip like minecraft, but climbing is amusing and a bit of a challenge while building so far. Currently attempting to rebuild that first broken bridge you come across when you start new, just as an idea of my "practice" to get used to the game.

Leveling is slowish, but not really doing much beyond building and eating my neighbors so far. Kinda anxious to get to the point of testing out the whole human sacrifice thing, at least from what I read it's something like that.

no, it's all just visual. the gear stuff is a little frustrating as well because (at least the katanas) do less damage than the base game equivalent. some of the armor sets look pretty cool, but you won't be using it for the stats

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Well I burned out quick on PoE FLashback so I picked this up and started a single player game to learn the ropes (and the map) before delving into online play.

I am liking it so far. Bit overwhelming going into it cold, as I build my house at the edge of the arrival point and it's such a big, big world to explore lol. But I have reached the limit for crafting with available resources in the area so it is time to pack a suitcase and move on.

Liking it so far. I mean, I was playing Empyrion for my survival fix lately and that is such a buggy alpha that Conan Exiles seems like AAAA in comparison.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Bandwagon Bandwagon Erronius Erronius Gator Gator - I have a drunk gaming weekend this weekend :) Expect Shenanigans if you can come on Conan. Usually this ends up being a complete shit show by about 10pm Friday and ends in me singing love songs until I pass out - and then, being as old as I am getting, hung over and not drinking for the next two days. :p

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I picked this up for steam during the sale. Ive went through and figured out the game on solo. What is the server everyone is on?