Conan Exiles

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
You built using T1? WTF? Are you just asking to get trebbed?

oh wait, NM

EDIT: HONK HONK

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Is this based on Age of Conan? Or new/different game? Loved the hell out of AoC till they nerfed some class I played.

Free weekend I guess? You make it sound fun, can you mess around solo, or need to "group up"?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
it's it's own game. age of conan was an MMO, this is a survival/rpg lite. i enjoy it for what it is, it's pretty buggy, but nothing necessarily game breaking...

basically you start out as someone who was captured and found guilty of crimes you may or may not have committed (there isn't an answer, but when you create your character there are random crimes varying from murder, to theft, to lewd acts, to punching camels. conan comes and rescues you and wanders off while you have absolutely nothing in the middle of the desert. there's a "journey" which is really the only hand holding the game does, but it gives you the basics on how to play and some sort of goal to move towards, but it's pretty unintrusive.

beyond that, the gamespace is yours to do what you will with it. you can build (almost) anywhere, and generally speaking, you can build what you want. there are some EXTREMELY creative buildings people have made. there's a loose story that's actually pretty interesting but it's all done through notes and items that you find (and a couple of npc's but it's pretty scarce dialogue). you can choose to follow the story and see where it goes, or you can just build a giant castle and terrorize and make slaves out of the locals. it's kind of one of those games where despite the bugs, despite the simple gameplay, despite the barebones of it all, it's greater than the sum of it's parts.

also, it's COMPLETELY playable solo. there's a solo game and a multiplayer game that are identical except that... well, one of them has other players in it. there's also a bunch of different server settings that the admins can mess with (faster building times, more or less materials from each node, faster exp gain, etc)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Downloading it now, I like sandbox stuff, so I'll give it a try. It's on sale on steam fairly cheap until the 20th, so plenty of time I suppose.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Once I started swinging my arms around like my grandma playing mario when I was a kid, I said fuck consoles.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
If someone logs in, can you post the discord link for the rock n Ollie's world server?

Keep forgetting to do that when I see the server splash screen

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Did you find out the hard way? And does Utnayan Utnayan know you're in his F16?
I received some threats for blocking a spawn point and was pointed towards the server rules on weekends.

No idea if my base is still there now. I removed all the doors to see if they'd be happy with just raiding the crafting tables, lol

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Erronius Erronius Success!

Crafting tables got robbed, but no damage to the building.

PS Communities_20190511_090925.jpg

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Well, if you're blocking a spawn, are you going to stay put and let them pop it, or tear it down and move elsewhere? I guess it's all T1 so not a huge loss. Could use as a template.

I never really kept track of spawns, so on one hand I was always suspicious of people claiming spawn blocking as an excuse to raid. That said...there are a lot of strange spawn points.

Weekend building PVP is weird to me, I guess. So instead of afternoon/evenings, they swap out for weekends?

I guess you could really try crafting all week, and then make sure your mats are consumed and blocks all placed before weekend shenanigans commence.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
It wasn't really my base that was blocking spawn points, it was about 15 fish traps nearby. And they're just blocking a few stone nodes with a fuckton of other stone nearby. I moved a couple. Yea I really dont care much if it gets knocked down. I just like mindlessly building stuff in the game, so that would just be an excuse for a move.

The jungle area is really cool, but iron and stone is more scarce. May move over there next.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Well, playing PC solo it's kinda like an adult Minecraft, which isn't a bad thing at all. Worth the 25$ to buy it, I can get a good number of hours just screwing around building stuff with my wang out, let alone learning anything else about the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
The jungle area is really cool, but iron and stone is more scarce. May move over there next.
There is an amazingly good ore spot @ Descent of Dagon, kind of at M6. Also tons of stone/wood. The panther spawns were kind of a PITA though

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Is there a place to go and read up on this game, and maybe useful/needed mods, so I don't have to ask stupid questions here?