Conan Exiles

Brad2770

Diemess Diemess

If you want to join a PvP server, I can get you going with some legendaries and any gear you want.

There is a HUGE clan base I want to raid, but I know I would need some help. I have already been raiding a lot of their satellites and thrall farms. I know they are salty. Would need to Treb it to get in.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Stability is really janky. It is order dependent, so if pieces load in a different order stuff collapses.

I figured they would have fixed that by now or I'd have fixed it in a mod

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I'm still pretty new at this. I started a new game about a week ago and had a much better starting camp, right across from a huge iron deposit. This really helped get things going faster. I still feel like I'm doing something wrong though as I'm around level 20-25,in medium armor, and I still get my ass beat in some fights. Also, I upgraded to a bastard sword and I can't hit shit with it.

Thinking about joining a server as it gets kinda old trying to do everything solo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brad2770

I'm still pretty new at this. I started a new game about a week ago and had a much better starting camp, right across from a huge iron deposit. This really helped get things going faster. I still feel like I'm doing something wrong though as I'm around level 20-25,in medium armor, and I still get my ass beat in some fights. Also, I upgraded to a bastard sword and I can't hit shit with it.

Thinking about joining a server as it gets kinda old trying to do everything solo.

Have you been spending attribute points? By 20-25, you should be using steel weapons (tar+brimstone=Steelfire; 5 iron bar+steelfire=steel)

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
No I have not started using steel yet. I didn't even know the recipe. I've been trying to avoid using Internet info to advance.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
So I recently played a TON of this with a buddy from work on a low pop PvE Server.

I put about 120 hours into it in the last month or so and it is my second favorite game of the last couple of years, second only to PoE.

Something about the progression system, survival and building, combined with interesting bosses and the janky combat really captured my interest.

I forged weapons of blackest ice in the Forges of Ymir, I roamed the undead haunted forests of the north, I've delved into temples in the jungle to kill an ancient sorceress, explored a city with no name and killed kings and princes of the past, as well as huge dragons of ill repute.

Star Metal can eat a bag of dicks, the way they made the end-game resource collection is just stupid. Also Obsidian.

And after playing Rust and then this, I cannot imagine playing on a PvP server, or even a highly active PvE server. The narrow part of the resource funnel at end game would really make it annoying.

Anyway, aside from lots of bugs that still exist (I've lost two follower thralls, thralls I am dragging home and many, many unlooted corpses to falling through the terrain/world) and the retarded end game resources, this is still a 9/10 from me.

In my Steam library, the games I broached 100 hours are limited to Titan Quest, PoE, Everquest, Darkest Dungeon, Terraria, and now this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
star metal, i think is mostly fine? though it's frustrating when you find a bugged node that can't be mined... i DO think it's silly that there are several tiers of materials at the end game, that all require star metal, but the actual "star metal" items are flat out better. i haven't played in a few months so the names are escaping me, but obsidian is a great example. it's a HUGE pain in the butt to make that stuff compared to star metal, but star metal is still better.

• 1Like

Brad2770

Dragon Bone weapons are hands down the best weapons for how easy resources are to get and to repair. They may not be the best damage, but you also don’t get a sinking feeling when you lose a corpse either.

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
star metal, i think is mostly fine? though it's frustrating when you find a bugged node that can't be mined... i DO think it's silly that there are several tiers of materials at the end game, that all require star metal, but the actual "star metal" items are flat out better. i haven't played in a few months so the names are escaping me, but obsidian is a great example. it's a HUGE pain in the butt to make that stuff compared to star metal, but star metal is still better.

First star metal node I threw 6 fire orbs at before I realized 4 is the number and it was time to move on. Great way to introduce one to high tier resource gathering.

Dragon Bone weapons are hands down the best weapons for how easy resources are to get and to repair. They may not be the best damage, but you also don’t get a sinking feeling when you lose a corpse either.

Yeah I gave my Relic Hunter thrall bodyguard the sword I made from the Heart of the Kinslayer because I didn't want to have to repair it. But I am currently using a dragonbone 2her. Interestingly, I was farming the red that spawns on the north ramp out of the Unnamed City and then fought the big Momma in the Spawning Pools within the city and realized how easy the former was in comparison. I mean, the big one is still easy, just takes about twice as long to kill. And drops actual loot.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Buncha friends got together again for this starting on the weekend of the 4th, and I've been doing nothing else since. The game has really come a long way. Still goofy and broken in places but loaded with mods it is really great fun.

We are using:
Code:
Pippi.pak
Immersion.pak
Emberlight.pak
Pythagoras.pak
Pythagoras_Support_Beams.pak
HairDyePot.pak
SexilesMod.pak
BarkByProduct.pak
Immersive_NPCLoot.pak
CharEditLite.pak
DyeMoreBetterer.pak
No_Building_Placement_Restrictions.pak
LTs_Compass.pak
StylistPlus.pak
Topfreedom.pak
BetterThralls.pak
Tier4_Thrall_Half_Increased_Spawn.pak
ConfigurableElevators.pak
SexySilentLegionArmor.pak
TheColdEmbrace-Main.pak
KerozardsParagonLeveling.pak
PrestigeMoreAttributeLevels.pak

Alot of the above combination is somewhat broken. Mod authors tend to think like "Legendary stuff is 44 damage, I'll make my stuff 80!!!" and I always think of the first mods made for every bethesda game, the daedric in a barrel mod :D

One of them adds a bunch of factions. Supposedly you can join factions and get a bunch of crafting recipes and stuff but it has always been broken for me. There are also various coins looted and minted that can be used at merchants. None of that stuff has ever worked properly for me but everyone else is using them. I'm on my second character (first escaped) and all that stuff is still broken.

The rare thrall % increaser is really nice. One lady wanted a certain bossonian armorsmith and normally it is a 2% chance to spawn so she spent days there massacring the same spot like it was the frenzy camp in lguk. The mod makes it a bit more reasonable, I think around 15%.

Char edit lite is an awesome appearance editor, and fashionista is in there somewhere. Lets you apply outfits to crafting thralls. I like the pictish stuff on my tanners and such :D

Elevator speed mod is a must if you use elevators. The default is horribly slow.

Better thralls lets 2 thralls follow you instead of one, and you can pick them back up into an icon if you empty out their inventory.

Pythagoras is vital for any sort of building beyond a tiny hut. The support stuff in the default game is completely broken.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs

Better list with the actual names instead of the mod filename

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
The mere thought of Less Building Placement Restrictions makes me chub up. Because the wonky "can't place that here" issue that you run into CONSTANTLY is so fucking annoying.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm so proud of this roof :D
20190728052442_1.jpg

The solid black part on the left is normally impossible because the inverted wedge pieces have to anchor onto a ceiling piece (which is really stupid). Pythagorus has these small steel beams that allow attachment, but I had to route this huge scaffolding from sort of over near where I'm standing. Once the right beam is in place though you can destroy the scaffolding.

Here's my northern place during the day. There's a large tower with a greenhouse, a bridge crossing a gap over to where that giant bear and a building that holds a vault. The tower is built from the harry potter wizardy faction stuff, the vault building from a "cold embrace" faction that is sort of all gothy black stuff.

The tower top looks open but those are glass wall pieces that sort of act like big windows.

I hop around between factions as I'm playing permadeath style. We don't have a mod for it but if I die for whatever reason I start a new character.
20190728035808_1.jpg

Here's a purge of frost giants at my place:
20190726190729_1.jpg

When the Harry Potter faction attacked, a meteor hit my tower and tore through the second floor. Wiped out a few crafting benches loaded with stuff. We all heard the boom but assumed it was us or the wizards throwing an orb or shooting an explosive arrow or something. So nobody really noticed the huge hole till the bags had decayed.

Plague meteors coming down in the unnamed city:
20190725094638_1.jpg

My worst moment this time around was riding an elevator and my 2 awesome thralls deciding to just jump off the goddamn cliff for no reason. One was just a bearer but the other was a cold embrace master, a total badass I got during a purge of my volcano base. They are enormously rare and expensive (you can actually buy them in the faction hall).

It motivated me to find the space for the ginormous devkit again so I could make this: Steam Workshop :: BouncyCastle

I've got an auto sorting mod in the works as well. The idea is that you have some place where you can come just dump all the crap that builds up in your inventory and a thrall will move stuff around to where it needs to go.

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok have a question...

Wasn't this the game that became a meme generator due to the cock and ball and titty physics? Or am I thinking of a different title? I thought this game had a ton of gruesome nudity and violence. My 13 year old son asked for this, and I'm pretty liberal on what games he plays, but there is a hard line. Like no GTA or other realistic depictions of violence etc. From what I have seen this game definitely crosses the line as I don't want him running around with his 10 pound cock out beating down topless nymphs with it, and laughing at the titties jiggling as he does it.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Ok have a question...

Wasn't this the game that became a meme generator due to the cock and ball and titty physics? Or am I thinking of a different title? I thought this game had a ton of gruesome nudity and violence. My 13 year old son asked for this, and I'm pretty liberal on what games he plays, but there is a hard line. Like no GTA or other realistic depictions of violence etc. From what I have seen this game definitely crosses the line as I don't want him running around with his 10 pound cock out beating down topless nymphs with it, and laughing at the titties jiggling as he does it.

It does have full nudity, based on your description of what you would like to avoid this game would be inappropriate

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Yea It is a bit much for kids. Slaving and chopping off parts and such. With mods there's sexy options as well.