Conan Exiles

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Lost interest in this, since I forgot to back it up, and deleted everything way back. Expansion is worth starting it up again I suppose. I've had a lot of fun with this before, plenty of work done on game since I last played too.

All the DLC's are still purely optional/cosmetic, aside from xpac right?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Yea the only thing that is handy is some of the armor sets having stat bonuses like Vitality. I use alot of heavy Yamatai for that on soldiers.

The expansion tier 3 house set is really nice. Real windows and skylights!

20200924011544_1.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm really digging this new expansion. I just wish they'd add a way to make the Wild Surges you summon at the Leyshrines for better thralls a tad more "solo" friendly.

I think they should add a "lessor" version of the focus altars that requires 25 eldarium to craft and works the same way as the altars do currently. But, instead of 5 waves at 3 locations, it's 5 waves with only 1 drop at one of the 3 locations (randomized) at a time.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Get ready to murder ten thousand german shepards though
You aint kidding. I keep expecting Nazis to pop out of random bushes. They such a nuisance near my first camp, I started placing foundation blocks where they spawn.

Haven't seen too much of xpac yet, just building up starter camp, and finding resources. Apparently Hellboy defeats one of of those elder god things hanging out of the sky every once in awhile in center of island *shrug*

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I have a vague idea of what is going on but nothing for sure yet. Some of the friends on my server know what is going on (I suspect they just looked it up online) but they know I like to figure things out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Anyone know of a mod that adjusts mob hp to be more solo friendly? Or some kind of balance mod like that. Used to use one, but it hasn't been updated in a long time. Likely have to wait a bit for one to cover island anyway.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
There are a bunch of server settings you can tweak like player dmg, monster dmg etc. Balance mods are usually done via funcom blueprint modification which you probably won't want since they are patching often.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I discovered that you have to buy a DLC for the rope bridges ect. So grabbed a few of the DLC, why not, game has given me endless hours of zen entertainment.

I lose hours in this game without realizing it, something relaxing about the style of harvesting/building, and I don't even have many mods going.

• 2Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I haven't touched that stuff yet, just looked it up other day, wondering what decayed eldarium was. Bats in and around tower near my main camp drop lots of it.

Bat one is only vault I've done so far, handful of bats in each room, and a boss one at end. Couldn't open chest 1/2 way through, assume there is a puzzle that wasn't obvious to me.

Figure I should make a trip to middle, and see what all the fuss is about. Assuming that's where I'm going to find star metal.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the chest half-way through each vault is a boss chest. in the sense that you need to fight world bosses (3 skulls on their lifebar) and harvest them in order to get a skeleton key. it's a little wonky that you can't find any keys INSIDE the vault for them...

and yes, star metal rains from the sky right around the center tower. there's a TON of it

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I love this game, but the only reason I don't start playing again is because I don't think they're ever going to improve the AI enough to make building a fort/village/city fun to walk around in when you're done

• 2Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
the chest half-way through each vault is a boss chest. in the sense that you need to fight world bosses (3 skulls on their lifebar) and harvest them in order to get a skeleton key. it's a little wonky that you can't find any keys INSIDE the vault for them...
Oh those just need skeleton keys? I thought it was more involved than that, based on reading something about puzzles being involved with vaults, and there were several ladders/climb points in the bat vault I didn't investigate. I hadn't acquired a key by that point yet.

Capturing thralls is a pain in the ass this time, I recall it being simple before. I generally end up beating them to death, as the HP goes down faster than the consciousness bar. I used to use blunt arrows I think, but they just die faster. Lost out on a couple T3 thralls so far, and they only T3 I've seen from surges. Not sure if bug?

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Rented a server, I haven't done that for a long time. Shit is so easy now, used to be a pain in the ass since you had to setup everything yourself, and cost more. Then again last time I ran a server was when FPS titles weren't slightly changed and rebranded with new maps, then re-released every year on schedule.

Main motivation was, after playing a map for awhile in singleplayer, the more I build, the more performance turns to shit. I can run around a clean map no problem, but as soon as I have a fully equipped starter camp with a couple thralls, performance gets shitty. Larger/Multiple locations just chug more. Seems greatly improved playing from a dedicated server so far.

I'll open it up to folks here after a few days if anyone actually interested. It's 10 slots, I'm not even sure if there is even 10 people that play this. Even if I were to lose interest for awhile, I'm cool with giving admin to some people wanting to keep things running. It's ~20$ a month, I spend that much getting coffee & sandwich some mornings, and I think there's an automatic donation thing setup too.

Running it with IoS, easymode PvE/Building for now, mods are lvl 300, item stack/container mod, and better thralls. I'm flexible for options, including mods. I still have to read up on the more obscure server config options, hell some of the regular ones too.

I promise I won't be a dick and spawn a maelstrom or a couple siege elder things on your building projects, fun as that might be. Unless you ask I suppose.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Ended up with most of the DLC now, wish I had grabbed them when this was all on sale. Some only have a few mason parts I like to use, but I think I have a good rounded toolkit of parts to blend now.

This game is far to addictive for a construction oriented guy, who has far to much time on his hands. Had to move clock on wall, as I've seen the dawn creeping up, when I still thought it was around 1am too many times.

A sure sign I was playing too much, I had a fucked up dream where I was enslaving people I know to make lumber and pour concrete on a site I did 6 years ago. Fuckers had better AI too.

Running off a server made a huge difference for me. I get the rare rubber band lag, but I'm no longer chugging with a bunch of stuff built.

I'd kill for some basic pathing/interaction system for thralls, adding a little life to your cities would be nice. It would almost make this game a MMO world designer sim, for those interested in that kinda thing.

With the possibility of making your own maps now with Siptah, some AI features would make this game a longterm hobby for sure.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I could probably do that if I had the time. Like patrol routes for soldiers and such?

They had some city life stuff on their todo list early on but it kind of vanished.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Yeah basic patrol type function would be useful, nothing complex, just have some of them moving around, guard patrolling from point A to B, bearer going between a well and a stove as examples. They don't have to actually do something, just move, Everquest level "AI" lol, but it helped make some cities in EQ not seem completely lifeless. There's scripted conversations with several NPC's, and there are vendors, so that stuff should be moddable.

If that kind of stuff is possible with modding, I'll start reading up now. I rarely have to bother with modding anymore, usually someone has already done what I'm looking for. I'm gonna have to for this game, very few good & maintained mods these days, and many don't work well or at all with Siptah, or they have a bunch of features I don't actually want.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Yea unreal has navmesh stuff built in. The actor stuff might have some kind of move along path function.

I do really like the new stand-and-fight AI option, great for archers.

• 1Like