Conan Exiles

xzi

Mouthbreather

Might be something they change in the future or only allow on unofficial servers. Ansel (that nvidia thing) is extremely powerful and amazing for taking screenshots and I love that they're supporting it, but the devs themselves have to give support to Ansel, it's not just an automatically enabled thing. That's why there's only like 8 games that even support it atm.

Point being: I'm fairly certain they are aware of this but they're busy doing other shit atm.

If it means anything, few of us are high teens, tweenties in the game and are having a great time. Actaully really dig Exiels, even at this state of EA!

Mao

Trakanon Raider
Is the FOH server still up? Went looking for it last night and couldn't connect.

So far only playing solo on my own computer, but really enjoying it so far. It seems they have a lot of placeholders and possibilties to continue expanding the game already there. So, so far I am enjoying it more than No Man Sky for instance and have more hope for its future.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

error

Molten Core Raider
Ballsy. Glad they're doing it now. Enjoying the game, even though I've lost my progress by jumping servers several times.

Greetings, Exiles!

These first few days of Early Access has been an absolute whirlwind! It’s been incredible watching so many of you join us on this Early Access adventure. We would never have imagined that so many of you would be joining us so soon, and while we certainly knew that Conan Exiles had the potential to become very popular, the initial popularity is more than we anticipated.

A pleasant surprise, for sure, but as you all know it has also uncovered some unforeseen issues that we are now working very hard to resolve. We have already released several patches and the entire team is working on getting the next one ready. We remain one hundred percent committed to the Early Access model and that means listening to the community and making sure we improve the game constantly. Right now we are focusing on the most pressing issues like rubberbanding, disconnects, and other server related issues, and as soon as we have that under control we can start looking closer at gameplay improvements as well as new content and features (check out the What’s Next for Conan Exiles page for a glimpse of what we’re planning to do).

Right now there are nearly 7700 servers online running Conan Exiles. About 7500 of these are privately run servers, while 200 are official servers hosted by PingPerfect (source: TopConanServers.com)

Unfortunately, due to the overwhelming demand for servers and our needs for administrating them, our official partner has been unable to deliver the level of quality and service we require. Because of this we have mutually agreed to end the partnership. We are in the process of finding new partners with the ideal hardware we can move the existing game databases to. However, due to the high demand for Conan Exiles servers, many hosting companies are simply out of the hardware that we need and as such this process might take a few days.

In the meantime, we thank you for your patience and encourage you to play on any of the thousands of unofficial servers that are out there. Many are home to thriving and very welcoming communities. We sincerely apologize to everyone who has played and made progress on the official servers, but we think it is better to deal with this problem now rather than later.

As a result of this we have also had to remove the 25% Lifetime Discount offer from the Barbarian Edition. The provider assures us that those who have already purchased the Barbarian Edition will have their discount honored, but the discount will not be included in future purchases. The provider is currently out of stock, but hope to have new servers available soon. We know this is a problem with many other providers as well: the demand has simply been too overwhelming.

Lastly we just want to thank you for sticking with us through these initial teething problems. Early Access means that there will be issues, especially in the early days, but it also means that we as developers have to take responsibility to sort those issues out as soon as possible. We look forward to working closely with you, the players, in the months ahead.

Please feel free to join us in the discussion on the Steam forum and the Conan Exiles subreddit.

Best regards, The Conan Exiles Team

PS: We would also like to add that we're keeping the game databases (characters, buildings, progression, etc) from the old servers and our plan is to re-implement them when the new servers roll out.

error

Molten Core Raider
Dumping a few things here in case people are interested -

Upcoming Info: What’s next for Conan Exiles? – Conan Exiles blog
Map with node locations:
TrNnPde.jpg

Be smart with base building:

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
didn't see any other threads for this...

been watching a few twitch streams and youtubers... this looks like Ark, in the Conan universe, subtract the dinosaurs and add nudity and slavery. could be worth a go!

retails for $30, but you can use the voucher code DEALZON at GreenManGaming for 20% off, bringing the total down to $24.

Early access, so obviously bugs and missing polish, but still lots of fun!

If anyone has a server, hit me up!

A bunch of your friends will buy it, play it in it's shitty state, then be sick of it by the time it's actually in final release form.
But whose fault is that? I agree Early Access is shit, but it is the fault of the gamers for being overhyped little tarts and buying games that are unfinished.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't play as much as I want, so pretty far behind the curve. Thus I have to make like little safe rooms like way up, then destroy the stairs going up and keep chest up high. Then have multiple foundations below it. Though you people can easilly still destroy it with the higher weapons.

One thing I learned is putting a forge/armor station on a foundation, they just have to destroy the foundation and it destroys anything on top of it.

error

Molten Core Raider
I've bought several Early Access games where I played early, came back and then even came back again. When buying a finished game, I'll play it, beat it and move on or I'll play it, get tired of it and move on. Only if the developer continues to add content and improves the game will I generally come back check it out again, EA or not. In either case, I have to enjoy the premise and gameplay of said game. I would say I have more time logged in EA games due to this process. I would also say it's slightly better then supporting a game via Kickstarter.

Then again, I don't mind technical glitches as much, maybe due to my long-term computer use and chosen field of work. I also like to see how things progress, as it's "new" functionality. To each his own.

Adebisi - I know I played DayZ with you. Did it burn you that bad? :)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The rubber-banding makes pve a joke :p Can be level 1, run way to north and kill rhinos/birds/scorps etc. Get like 1/2-3/4 a level per kill. Just circle strafing with a pick axe and they never hit you.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Has anyone found any lingering essence? Have alot of recipes that use it but no idea what it is from.

error

Molten Core Raider
Build your temple to Mitra and use an Ankh on human corpses after killing them. Yog works similarly with a club and some sort of flesh instead.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

error

Molten Core Raider
I mentioned it in the other thread and agree as it's another survival game ala ARK, Rust, 7D2D.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
@Amod see above^ i guess i should have specified when i flagged the threads for merge yesterday. makes more sense to have the thread over here, thats why dupes keep popping up.

Conan Exiles -> PC & Console Gaming