Conan Exiles

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I blame Twitch for all of these shitfests. Every single one rockets to a couple hundred thousand views on launch because lirik etc all play it day one, sells a fuckton of copies on the back of that, then fades in to obscurity and neglect a month later, never to be heard from again or leave early access.
More evidence twitch is cancer?

spronk

FPS noob
its great tho if you just watch, i got in a good 8-10 hours of viewing for Conan Exiles while doing other stuff, felt like I got my 'fill" of the game, saw everything I wanted to, and don't need to play it or pay anything. its going to completely destroy single player games of course as more people consume content like me rather than actually play the fucking game, but as i grow old and senile and unable to claw my fingers to hold a controller, it works for me

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Oldbased Oldbased lets run a server or two together for money. Get with me.
My admining days are over. That is why I stepped down a few months back from The Household / MrMoonsHouse/Timmac and their server admin.
I can lay in bed and browse all night but my days of sitting in chairs for hours at a time are long gone. Literally a life and death issue to me.

Also I'm sure you have a good server provider already but we used OHV which for $79 a month was a good deal. We could stack ARK/Rust/7d2d on a server and compared to renting a partial VM came out way ahead. Some ARMA3 large RP communities were held on their DS as well.

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
The Conan people paid all these streamers to play their game. That's why literally ALL the big names were playing it. I'm not against big time streamers getting paid to demo shit, in fact I think it helps. A lot of them have mowed through so many games they know the shit ones when they see it. Summit played it nonstop and basically summed up that it's not ready as is and he think it'll be just like Reign of Kings. Big boom, everyone plays, then everyone quits when they don't change anything, then game is gone. He said the game seems like a fun idea, but isn't designed well enough and isn't different enough from other games already out there. He also thinks games like this will never have truly good combat because the hardware has to focus on all the other bullshit in game.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Ya, OVH is badass. I use it for my linux web server & windows eqemu server. Pay like $50/mo total.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Mod developers will be able to download a custom Unreal Engine editor, letting them create a whole host of modifications to the game. Everything from changing aspects of gameplay to adding new monsters and items to the game can be done with the modding tools. A mod management tool which connects to the Steam Workshop allows players to easily load in the mods they want to play with. More information on the mod system and tools will be revealed soon.

Time to make that moneys?

Caliane

Paying for early access is the real cancer
more often then not yes. But, in that rare case, "early access" is that dream we all had for MMO's when they first started. "pay monthly premium and get monthly content!" Shit that never happened. But for that rare game. Rimworld, dwarf fortress, minecraft, etc. that is exactly what you get. The constant update cycle to keep the game fresh and improving. I'm ok with a ton of shit, for that rare diamond I suppose. We just need the model to be refined a bit. A varient is the POE, Terraria. Cheap intro fee, or none. And constant updates to generate new sales, or supporter packs. PoE was outright early access for a long time. Terraria leaked early. but did have an actual 1.0 release.

And yeah, the stream I was watching. Looks like its essentially like every other game in the genre. except with tits and penis.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
This is my first survivalish game, so if they ripped off all the others I'd never know.

My fave thing so far is the list of crimes. A friend of mine had like 3 super minor things and mine was decapitating a priest, lewd behaviour with corpses etc

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
This is my first survivalish game, so if they ripped off all the others I'd never know.

My fave thing so far is the list of crimes. A friend of mine had like 3 super minor things and mine was decapitating a priest, lewd behaviour with corpses etc

where do you see a list of crimes?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
It is right after character creation, there's a sign on your belly:

20170201005237_1.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

fris

Vyemm Raider
i've played a ton of Rust, and still go back on occasion and find it fun. I think the combat is fine. There's regular balancing in weapon damage and armor. I enjoyed Riegn of Kings for a few days. It had potential but teh devs never touched it. Rush, while being in Alpha for years, has serious updates about once a month.

just watching streams, this certainly isn't ready. I think the survival game genre needs something w/o guns, so this could be successful. the dynamic of things mentioned seem like fun, but again, not ready yet. I'll keep an eye and consider purchase given it gets a serious update soon.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The Conan people paid all these streamers to play their game. That's why literally ALL the big names were playing it. I'm not against big time streamers getting paid to demo shit, in fact I think it helps. A lot of them have mowed through so many games they know the shit ones when they see it. Summit played it nonstop and basically summed up that it's not ready as is and he think it'll be just like Reign of Kings. Big boom, everyone plays, then everyone quits when they don't change anything, then game is gone. He said the game seems like a fun idea, but isn't designed well enough and isn't different enough from other games already out there. He also thinks games like this will never have truly good combat because the hardware has to focus on all the other bullshit in game.

No they didn't, they'd (the streamers) legally have to disclose it. They just gave them free keys and a private server.

https://www.ftc.gov/sites/default/f...stimonials/091005revisedendorsementguides.pdf

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
From what I've seen of Conan it has a fundamental design flaw - you have to build up a bunch of stuff that will simply be destroyed the moment you go offline or leave the area to find a resource.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
From what I've seen of Conan it has a fundamental design flaw - you have to build up a bunch of stuff that will simply be destroyed the moment you go offline or leave the area to find a resource.

That's every survival game ever if you play on a PVP server. It becomes a game of building your base in such a way that it is either so annoying to raid or takes tremendous amounts of resources to break into that no one bothers.