Conan Exiles

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I am in the middle of setting up a dedicated server.

Done, see if you guys can log in 162.248.247.30

Last edited by a moderator:

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Anyone here that can give an honest review of the game so far?

Needs far more time in the oven before it MAY be worth more than just fucking around with. Half the systems are not implemented yet (No magic system, bare bones thralls, no mod support, etc). Given enough development time it might become a real gem of a survival game. Of course that is if Funcom delivers what they've said is in the works. Currently there's tons of lag on public servers, many bugs and glitches as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
you gonna go all PVP on me if I show you my nicely shaped tits while I build stuff?

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Aqpf6W0.jpg

giphy.gif

Caliane

That's every survival game ever if you play on a PVP server. It becomes a game of building your base in such a way that it is either so annoying to raid or takes tremendous amounts of resources to break into that no one bothers.
yeah. I mean this is a long time issue with in any pvp mmo that has houses, etc. As stated, I have never actually played any of these, so can't really say what each game has done to combat the issue.

I would say, some basic things I would do to help the issue. The problem is generally game world vs real world. The real world is huge, and every object in it is natural. Just raw distance alone, is a huge factor in keeping your shit safe. you have a camp in the woods, that camp will be hard to find just due to innate size of the world, and tree coverage. in games, that is not true. worlds are small, and objects IN the world are conspicuous. Also, homesteads in the real world have the advantage of the fact, you are most likely living in it 90% of the time, and there to defend it. Time in video games is compressed. and, you are likely only actually around your homestead to defend it in a game for 15minutes out of 24 hours..

1. secret stashes. This would be most basic and simple thing to incorporate to help deal with raids. A stash would be hidden in a game object. either, tagged to a natural object in the world, or perhaps outright placed by you. Visually you get a UI element, but other players do not. you see your secret stash tree, you see the interact UI. Another player, just sees a tree. (until they try cutting it down.) ideally this would be tress, stumps, rocks, as well as walls/floors. Upgrades would be trapdoors and buried lockboxes, for larger sized hordes.
These should not be un-accessible, just undetectable. So, either a player through dumb luck trying to harvest the right tree with find it. or, perhaps an actual search function in game, with a large time associated with it. like, searching a tree would take 1minute of real time or something. as noted, the large time required would reduce casual raids greatly.

2. NPC guards. having npc guards is always a bit of a give and take in a pvp game. But I think you have to have them. As noted, real world you are in your homestead to defend it 90% of the time or more. you have kids, husband or wife also defending, and very likely even ranchhands,etc. In games, when you are offline, your house is a ghosttown, way too easy for picking. you HAVE to have some kind of active defense. So, NPC guards which would be overtuned. 1 npc guard should wreck an average player. making avoidance, stealth primary.
Pets would be great for this as well.

3. Broken objects are just broken, not destroyed. Then decay at some rate to eventual destruction. Basically, if you tear down someones wall. the wall is still there, and can be repaired cheaply, and easily.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Another reason early access is cancer:

A bunch of your friends will buy it, play it in it's shitty state, then be sick of it by the time it's actually in final release form. So much hype is wasted by the time it's actually playable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah I kind of hate early access. It makes sense from a dollars and cents perspective of the company but as a consumer I hate it. I'm really making sure to not fire up Divinity OS2 until it is "official" release.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Done setting up the server, see if you guys can log in 162.248.247.30

I'm probably not going to grab the game just yet unless more of my friends buy it, but when more patches come out and maybe once it's further along early access/alpha I will.

Anyways, I've been an admin on CSS, TF2 and Battlefield servers over the course of 8 or so years. Would be willing to help out if ingame admins are needed.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Stayed up all night bustin rocks and shootin spiders. Now to suffer the workday...

Friend of mine has a server and she cranked the harvest up and made it so you don't starve to death every 5 minutes. At first I thought it was too easy but it lets you explore and get stuff done so recommended.

The early part of my night was so much like old EQ. I started exploring really far north and saw all this cool stuff and filled my bags with exotic stuff. Then the next thing I know I'm being chased by like 30 things and die. Make a note of where I was on the map and start back.

Die on the way. Die again, and again. Make a basecamp closer, after 5 more deaths make it to the spot. Body is gone hahahaah.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Divinity is easy, since you know there will be 1.0 release. Survival FPS games on the other hand ?

Some devs can work with it, see Darkest Dungeon or Factorium, where they release with the core gameplay loop ready and then just add content and polish on top, based on all the feedback they get.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Another reason early access is cancer:

A bunch of your friends will buy it, play it in it's shitty state, then be sick of it by the time it's actually in final release form. So much hype is wasted by the time it's actually playable.

The thing with EA games is you have to do your homework. YOu have to know before buying, you are going to be buying a broken ass game and its going to go through alot of bullshit. If you don thtink you can get passed it, dont buy it.

Another thing is to always always remember that the whole game is subject to change.

Cybsled

1. secret stashes. This would be most basic and simple thing to incorporate to help deal with raids. A stash would be hidden in a game object. either, tagged to a natural object in the world, or perhaps outright placed by you. Visually you get a UI element, but other players do not. you see your secret stash tree, you see the interact UI. Another player, just sees a tree. (until they try cutting it down.) ideally this would be tress, stumps, rocks, as well as walls/floors. Upgrades would be trapdoors and buried lockboxes, for larger sized hordes.
These should not be un-accessible, just undetectable. So, either a player through dumb luck trying to harvest the right tree with find it. or, perhaps an actual search function in game, with a large time associated with it. like, searching a tree would take 1minute of real time or something. as noted, the large time required would reduce casual raids greatly.

I used to do this in 7 days to die. Hacking used to be an issue, so some dipshit would unlock your base/chests and loot your stuff on some servers. So eventually I had "decoy" chests that had some semi-decent stuff in them, but nothing really valuable or hard to get. Then I would bury chests with the good loot in places in my base and remember their location. Sure enough, no hacker ever found them, because if you buried them correctly they were invisible even if you tried to clip through the environment to find secret spots/underground bases.