Conan Exiles

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
That auto patch thing ever get looked in to? Updated again today and invalid etc.
Just updated it, the server will come up soon. Not sure I want to do an auto patcher with how shitty they are about pushing updates. Not sure I can afford to not do an auto updater though for the same reason.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
How long before your corpse goes poof? I ventured farther in to find a better basecamp and made it back to where I died within 30 minutes or so, but I couldn't find my corpse anywhere. It only sucks because I had committed most of my resources to the next tier of armor and lost it.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
It seems totally random. I'm guessing around 10 minutes average, but it might be more to do with if any players are nearby, as stuff no-one is near gets destroyed and garbage collected.

Really wish there was a server setting for that. Some of the best adventures I've had were trying to get a body out of a camp of npcs haha. The classic is running in to grab and getting overloaded and becoming a pincushion while frantically trying to drop stuff so you can move.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Made some tweaks last night and I heard it made things run a little smoother. Keep giving me feedback.

Once the server builds are a little more stable from Funcom I am going to be advertising it to bring in some more people.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This video about perfectly sums up Conan right now for me. Some potentially fucking amazing shit to be done, but you have to endure the game being a massive dumpster fire while it happens.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
This video about perfectly sums up Conan right now for me. Some potentially fucking amazing shit to be done, but you have to endure the game being a massive dumpster fire while it happens.

hehe cthullul literally shat on their base haha nice.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Logged in this afternoon every resource and item in my crafting stations and boxes is gone, same for others. DOH!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I swear to god if I lost the like ~300 iron reinforcements I was cooking I might just give up. That shit is such a cockblock.

Mao

Trakanon Raider
They craft so fucking slow. Pretty much everything else isn't bad. But oh god do those things craft slow.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Restarted to see if your items magically reappear.

There was some concern over this line in the script I am running now.

Function BackUp() {
Copy-Item "$GamePath\ConanSandbox\Saved\game.db" "$GamePath\ConanSandbox\Saved\game-$Date-updated-server.db"
}

All that line is doing is creating a backup of the game.db with a timestamp on it so you can see it updated and also so that you could potentially restore from it. The game still uses the initial game.db that it was running from.

error

Molten Core Raider
No concern over the function, just pointing out there's a backup you could attempt to restore.

edit: re-reading it seems that backup may have been made after the update anyway. Shrug, sorry. It's all good, thanks for trying.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
No concern over the function, just pointing out there's a backup you could attempt to restore.

edit: re-reading it seems that backup may have been made after the update anyway. Shrug, sorry. It's all good, thanks for trying.
You weren't the only one concerned and I took your input seriously.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I haven't picked this up, but I've been jonesing for a new game and even in it's present state, I wouldn't mind playing it.

Do you guys have a custom server or something?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I haven't picked this up, but I've been jonesing for a new game and even in it's present state, I wouldn't mind playing it.

Do you guys have a custom server or something?
I do have a server up just search for Fires of Heaven.

Waiting for custom mods but we do have XP and some other things tweaked.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Getting an incompatible game version message, yet I just installed it. Are you guys running a previous version? (I'm trying to connect to your server from Steam)

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Getting an incompatible game version message, yet I just installed it. Are you guys running a previous version? (I'm trying to connect to your server from Steam)
I see the auto update script is not running properly ... let me bounce it to update it for you right now.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
MODKIT TIEM!!!!

First order of bidness? Shaped wood shall produce bark as a byproduct.

Second? Craftable item, razor. For uhhh girl grooming. (girls have pit hair)

Oh and bark / ichor farming should be affected by tool quality.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
And your character should emit audio using the voice set you selected instead of Male1 for everyone.

Any wagers on the first mods to appear? I'm guessing the first 5 will be dong related. Or maybe the inevitable full heavy armor in a barrel mod.