Constantine (2005)

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
The Constant Gardener. Sad movie, fair amount of naked Rachel Weisz though. She's hot as fuck.

WTF I love that movie. Huge fan of Fiennes.

I am pretty sure I even bought it on DVD. Why do I have no recollection of Rachel boobs? I think I just lost my man card.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This is one of my top 10 favorite movies of all time. My one, true, guilty pleasure. The cast was fantastic - Hounsou (also one of my top 10 fav actors), Reeves, Swinton, Stormare as one of the best depictions of Satan ever put on screen (he looks like a member of Rammstein lol), even a young LaBeouf.

The whole movie gets the tone and pacing perfect. And, yeah, the entire final scene in the sanitarium is amazing.

I probably watch this movie twice a year.
And Rachel Weisz, my favourite
The movie is pretty tight. Everything is done right.
Hope they never make a reboot, remake, etc...

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I agree, great movie. At first I was confused as I really liked the source material (the comic/ graphic novel). Didn't know why he had to be "Americanized," but it has grown on me completely. There are darn few movies that can watched over and over and over again... This is one of them. It is amazing. There is no need for a sequel since you can just watch it over again!

j00t

constantine had to be "americanized" because the last thing any of us wants is keanu doing another british accent.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
This is one of my top 10 favorite movies of all time. My one, true, guilty pleasure. The cast was fantastic - Hounsou (also one of my top 10 fav actors), Reeves, Swinton, Stormare as one of the best depictions of Satan ever put on screen (he looks like a member of Rammstein lol), even a young LaBeouf.

The whole movie gets the tone and pacing perfect. And, yeah, the entire final scene in the sanitarium is amazing.

I probably watch this movie twice a year.
I forgot Labeouf was even in this movie, which means it was probably his best performance.

I fuckin' love almost everything Swinton has been in. She is amazing as Gabriel. I really liked this movie, seemed most hated it for not sticking to its source material that I had literally never read or seen. I was just riding a Keanu Reeves high after The Matrix.

The visualization of certain symbology was amazing and hasn't quite been done like it since. The bathtub scene, the whole trip to hell, and Gabriel getting her wings burned off. Getting his lungs ripped out. Jesus.

MV5BNmU3MWFiMTItNmRiOS00OGFmLTliNGEtYjE0ZGRjMDAzNzI4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTA5NjI3MzA@._V1_.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only thing that'd make this movie better is if they got the actor who did the live action tv series to play him, they nailed that casting.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Picard

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I loved this movie. Watched it several times. Keanu, even though sucks as an actor, even in this, is tolerable because of the others around him and the setting, atmosphere.

• 1Cringe
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah I loved this movie. Watched it several times. Keanu, even though sucks as an actor, even in this, is tolerable because of the others around him and the setting, atmosphere.

bitch wut

supporting cast elevated this from a mediocre to great movie, definitely can't argue against that fact

• 3Worf

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

giphy.gif

• 8Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Break

With a combination of 80's B-movie writing with mid-2000's great acting, special effects and overall good pacing and directing, why doesn't everyone love this? I kinda liked it but you can't take it too seriously, it's like most of the dialogue was spent setting up rules for an upcoming MMO universe so you just gotta power through that.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
With a combination of 80's B-movie writing with mid-2000's great acting, special effects and overall good pacing and directing, why doesn't everyone love this? I kinda liked it but you can't take it too seriously, it's like most of the dialogue was spent setting up rules for an upcoming MMO universe so you just gotta power through that.
People were (somewhat justifiably) biased against an airhead like 2005 Keanu Reeves playing Constantine.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I thoroughly enjoyed the 2005 movie, even if it really felt like an intro into a bigger world/more movies. I thought Keanu was fine =|
It was also peak hotness Rachel Weisz, so there's that as well. But it was a movie about demons and angels and had Gavin Rossdale as a character. Just perfect for its time.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users