Cord-Cutting, Or How to Stream your Way to Success

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Psvue eliminated their bottom tier so our bill is being raised $10/month to $40

Starting to sound familiar....

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Something is breaking my Sonarr and I can't figure out what the fuck it is. I will go to check the calendar and make sure everything is working, and then it says it is disconnected. I click on the Sonarr icon on the desktop and it says the file is no longer there. I then have to reinstall Sonarr, and it immediately starts working again and still has all my settings and shows saved. Couple hours later, it happens again. I have re-installed it probably 4 times now.

No clue what the fuck is going on.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Something is breaking my Sonarr and I can't figure out what the fuck it is. I will go to check the calendar and make sure everything is working, and then it says it is disconnected. I click on the Sonarr icon on the desktop and it says the file is no longer there. I then have to reinstall Sonarr, and it immediately starts working again and still has all my settings and shows saved. Couple hours later, it happens again. I have re-installed it probably 4 times now.

No clue what the fuck is going on.

Check your anti virus setting and quarantine logs.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Check your anti virus setting and quarantine logs.
Thanks. I didn't see anything in the quarantine, but I did add the nzbdrone.exe to the exception list. I'll check when I get home from work today to see if it is deleted again.

Seems weird that my AV would start doing that now though. Never had an issue before.

Moonball

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have an 8-bay Synology NAS with 2x 5-bay expansions. Each with a 3TB drive in it. 54TB before HDD sizing shenanigans :( Only about 2TB of it is empty right now too, although I could easily free up another 10+ if I actually put some work into it. There was a time when I had an unlimited diamond Giganews plan and would literally just queue up stuff like this one guy that uploaded his entire comic book collection over a period of more than a year. That one in particular I even downloaded over DSL! But I still have all that shit, when I could probably just hit delete on the whole thing because it would be faster and easier to just download packs of what I want now vs. trying to fucking organize all that shit, what with all the extra .par files etc. I have entire directories of shit that are just labeled "Newsgroups" that I am sure I could delete and never miss. I'm a terrible person!

Datahoarder :( I think that will be my new user title once I'm done with the fluffy.

It's A Digital Disease! • r/DataHoarder

Moonball

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have an 8-bay Synology NAS with 2x 5-bay expansions. Each with a 3TB drive in it. 54TB before HDD sizing shenanigans :( Only about 2TB of it is empty right now too, although I could easily free up another 10+ if I actually put some work into it. There was a time when I had an unlimited diamond Giganews plan and would literally just queue up stuff like this one guy that uploaded his entire comic book collection over a period of more than a year. That one in particular I even downloaded over DSL! But I still have all that shit, when I could probably just hit delete on the whole thing because it would be faster and easier to just download packs of what I want now vs. trying to fucking organize all that shit, what with all the extra .par files etc. I have entire directories of shit that are just labeled "Newsgroups" that I am sure I could delete and never miss. I'm a terrible person!

Datahoarder :( I think that will be my new user title once I'm done with the fluffy.

I have the QNAP TS-469 Pro with 4 3T WD Red drives in it but planning on making a new Ryzan unraid server when my new house is built, I want something that will transcode better and serve up my Plex library. Currently I have my moves on the NAS and plex server on my wifes i7-4770 that she rarely uses.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Here's the dumb announcement

Screenshot_20170715-204437.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They're giving is 3 months at our rate. Still kind of shitty. At least it's month to month and I can always leave

Moonball

Lord Nagafen Raider
Data caps... #Americaproblems

Fucking unheard of living abroad.
No data cap here in Austin using Spectrum. Only 100meg DL and 10meg UL speeds though. Wish the UP was faster, my Crashplan took 7 days to complete.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I have 5 ISP providers to choose from where I live. None have data caps. Competition is good.

• 1Solidarity

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I've got 3 Roku's in my house, 2 Roku 4's and one Roku Premiere. All of them are hooked up at the same place, a closet in the hallway of my house, and then the HDMI cables are pulled to the 3 different rooms where the TV's are. All of them are hard wired in, so I am not relying on Wifi.

For some reason the TV in the front room, which is on one of the Roku 4's, is constantly buffering when streaming live TV with DirecTV Now. The other TV that has the Roku 4 streams with no trouble at all. I can't figure out what could be causing the buffering on the one TV, but it is pissing me off and almost makes me want to cancel.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I've got 3 Roku's in my house, 2 Roku 4's and one Roku Premiere. All of them are hooked up at the same place, a closet in the hallway of my house, and then the HDMI cables are pulled to the 3 different rooms where the TV's are. All of them are hard wired in, so I am not relying on Wifi.

For some reason the TV in the front room, which is on one of the Roku 4's, is constantly buffering when streaming live TV with DirecTV Now. The other TV that has the Roku 4 streams with no trouble at all. I can't figure out what could be causing the buffering on the one TV, but it is pissing me off and almost makes me want to cancel.
My Roku Premiere plus has also been buffering and fucking up on DTV since Sunday. No idea what the fucking issue is

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Check to see if you have version 7.7 of the Roku software. If you do try reverting to an older firmware by doing the following and doing software update from the menu that comes up.

Home x 5
FF x 3
RW x 2

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
One thing thats been pissing me off lately is the round robin of shows as they come and go and do their rounds on all the streaming sites. For instance I wanted to watch BSG again recently and fuck, its on hulu, so I try to find Fringe, nope that one is on go90. How bout Sarah Connor chronicles? Fucking Vudu. Shit just angers me. the fuck if im gonna pay $70/month for streaming services.

I guess I could just sign up and cancel, but its just the point. Why cant we have one that we pay $20 for and has them all?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
One thing thats been pissing me off lately is the round robin of shows as they come and go and do their rounds on all the streaming sites. For instance I wanted to watch BSG again recently and fuck, its on hulu, so I try to find Fringe, nope that one is on go90. How bout Sarah Connor chronicles? Fucking Vudu. Shit just angers me. the fuck if im gonna pay $70/month for streaming services.

I guess I could just sign up and cancel, but its just the point. Why cant we have one that we pay $20 for and has them all?
Because only one would make money