Cord-Cutting, Or How to Stream your Way to Success

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I'm considering doing either Sunday ticket streaming (I can get the student pricing, so $100 for the season with Redzone) or also curious about the NFL Game pass VPN scam that @a_skeleton_03 had mentioned. My main concern is getting the best possible quality. Any input?
The stream from NFL is the highest quality you can get since it is straight from the source.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Looks like nVidia Shield is the way to go. Reminds of the not so old days when I had a D-Link Boxee. Lol

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I'm dying to get out of DirecTV and the only thing keeping me is the Sunday Ticket. Can I cancel and get this or do you have to be out of the DTV service area?

Let me see if they have a tutorial out for the process, if not I will write one myself.

You don't happen to be a student at a university do you?

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
So in further adventures of Edko Catches Up to 2017, I bought a fire tv (set top) with intent to jail break it. Is Exodus still the preferred thing to put on it or is there something better?

And as a follow up, will Sunday ticket be available if I jailbreak it?

Install Specto, Exodus, Skynet and MMA-TV or GearsTV and pay for MMA or GearsTV. If you want the free sports, go with Sports devil add-on but be warned those free streams are straight fucking garbage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Formuler - Any thoughts on this? I finally decided to jump on the IPTV bandwagon and want a decent multi-purpose box (can install Kodi, other apps). Any other ones people recommend?

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Looks like nVidia Shield is the way to go. Reminds of the not so old days when I had a D-Link Boxee. Lol

Lol I still use the Boxee box. It def has problems, and my remote is gone but there are apps you can use on your phone to control it.

Div

Anyone know of a good device that can play all kind of range of video files from an external hard drive? This device will not be connected to the internet in any way, so I don't think the newer Roku players will work.

I was thinking of the WD Media Player but since its discontinued its a bitch to find.

I am not looking for something expensive, basically this will be up at the cottage. Something for less then $100 would be great.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Anyone know of a good device that can play all kind of range of video files from an external hard drive? This device will not be connected to the internet in any way, so I don't think the newer Roku players will work.

I was thinking of the WD Media Player but since its discontinued its a bitch to find.

I am not looking for something expensive, basically this will be up at the cottage. Something for less then $100 would be great.

A mi box might work running Kodi. Not sure how an external drive would work since I'm not sure how it would need to be formated. But you can get one for $70 from Wal-Mart

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So I'm looking at Plex to make life easy for my mother since it seems easy to navigate and stuff. If I'm just looking to have it so she can watch stuff on her Laptop or TV via something like a Fire TV do I need to pay for it?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So I'm looking at Plex to make life easy for my mother since it seems easy to navigate and stuff. If I'm just looking to have it so she can watch stuff on her Laptop or TV via something like a Fire TV do I need to pay for it?
You do not, the pay options are not a must for most people.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We've been using Plex for a few years now. While I wish their UI was a bit more intuitive, if my wife can use it then your mother should have no problem

Div

A mi box might work running Kodi. Not sure how an external drive would work since I'm not sure how it would need to be formated. But you can get one for $70 from Wal-Mart

Thanks for the idea, I'll check it out.