Cord-Cutting, Or How to Stream your Way to Success

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Oh cool. Yeah I have sd alerts but I don't check everyday
it does get numerous, i only limit it to amazon only deals, since i only shop amazon. if i have to figure out how to log back in to newegg, fuck it, the deal isn't worth it.

also if you put a few hd's in your wishlist, they'll pop up a notification if it's on sale.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
it does get numerous, i only limit it to amazon only deals, since i only shop amazon. if i have to figure out how to log back in to newegg, fuck it, the deal isn't worth it.

also if you put a few hd's in your wishlist, they'll pop up a notification if it's on sale.
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Red-4TB-NAS-Hard-Drive/dp/B00EHBERSE/

Amazon link is being stupid as shit.

This one?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Red-4TB-NAS-Hard-Drive/dp/B00EHBERSE/

Amazon link is being stupid as shit.

This one?
the one i put on hot deals? it was this one
Hot Deals , but if you just mean reds, yea thats what most like. usually western digital will put the same drive in an external enclosure and have like a 8tb for 150, you just gotta shuck it. of course now they're using more whites, which aren't bad you just gotta mod em.

Crone

Void Void Just picked up a pretty cheap 70" Vizio, and my SD shows are no longer cutting it. Even 720p was looking pretty bad. I think I was spoiled by LG's upscaling being pretty good? I have no idea. Same 480p SD show on my 55" LG OLED, vs my Vizio 70" , and it's night and day.

Newest show the wife and I are trying out is American Gods, and I got a pretty high bit rate 1080p season pack for it. Not playing around no more!!

Also, the next time a WD Red drive goes on sale I'll be picking one up.

Fine. I'm converted. haha

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
There is no way in hell lg was upscaling 480p to anything acceptable lmao. I think we just convinced you it was garbage (rightfully so)

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I dunno, my wife watches some shows in 480p with the same logic, but I can immediately tell. She also thinks DVDs look the same as BD. Crone!!! Is the diabetes affecting your eyes?!!

My dad pulled the same stunt too, but we told him he was being retarded and he got glasses.

Crone

I dunno, my wife watches some shows in 480p with the same logic, but I can immediately tell. She also thinks DVDs look the same as BD. Crone!!! Is the diabetes affecting your eyes?!!

My dad pulled the same stunt too, but we told him he was being retarded and he got glasses.
Already where glasses. Lol

Mainly in the blacks. I'm sure there's a term for it but you can see almost layers in the black scenes? It's not layers really. Hard to explain. It's not a solid black across an area.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Anyone here used The Players Klub? Can report about it's reliability? as an IPTV service. Or if you have a recommended service please reply or PM me. Looking to drop my cable bill all the way. Not worried about DVR services. Many thanks

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Alright so for the first time in like 5 years XFinity did not give me a better deal to keep cable with internet than to drop cable in favor of only paying for the webz.

I did upgrade the speed though and now I need a new modem. It's only 400MBps but I'd like to buy a modem that can handle up to 1gig to futureproof it a bit. Any suggestions on good models? I currently have a Motorola Arris and it's been problem free so I would like another one as reliable that can handle the faster speeds.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Alright so for the first time in like 5 years XFinity did not give me a better deal to keep cable with internet than to drop cable in favor of only paying for the webz.

I did upgrade the speed though and now I need a new modem. It's only 400MBps but I'd like to buy a modem that can handle up to 1gig to futureproof it a bit. Any suggestions on good models? I currently have a Motorola Arris and it's been problem free so I would like another one as reliable that can handle the faster speeds.
I have this one. Been rock solid:

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
U-Host | IPTV

Anyone heard of this service? My Brother in law has a buddy he told him about it, and he swears it is amazing. Supposedly full channel list, VOD option, Sports, etc.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Honestly any Motorola/Arris/Surfboard with DOCSIS 3.1 is pretty future proof as far as modems go. You really just want DOCSIS 3.1, modems aren't too complicated. Routers are where you can get a bit more fancy on features.

Khane

Okay so I've cancelled cable and now just found out my cousin and his wife were recently on an episode of Family Feud. Where to go to find it (other than torrents, because I don't know the episode number/name)

Khane

Anyone have issues with the Fox Sports app on FireTV? Everything works fine (Netflix, Prime, NBC, etc) except for Fox Sports. It just says no internet connection available. I've tried uninstalling, restarting the FireTV, Unplugging it, etc.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
For anyone interested, HDHomeRun finally released a stand-alone app for Rokus. It is only a beta right now, but it works beautifully and comes just in time for me to ignore the Plex lifetime subscription. My whole house is Rokus and I just ordered a TCL Roku TV for my living room so this came at the perfect time.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
U-Host | IPTV

Anyone heard of this service? My Brother in law has a buddy he told him about it, and he swears it is amazing. Supposedly full channel list, VOD option, Sports, etc.

Wife and I are thinking of going this route, we swore we would kill our cable after GoT and are just good at procrastinating and being lazy. Sooooo....

Anyone tried iptv yet?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Wife and I are thinking of going this route, we swore we would kill our cable after GoT and are just good at procrastinating and being lazy. Sooooo....

Anyone tried iptv yet?
My brother in law signed up for it, and so far it is pretty badass. Unfortunately for me it works better with AppleTV than anything else, and I despise Apple so I don't have one. We did find an app to use on my LG TV, so I am good for now. I haven't played with it extensively, but first impressions are good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user