Cord-Cutting, Or How to Stream your Way to Success

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I suppose they hide any description of wtf those plans are to reduce the chance they get shut down? Yea sure, IP gurl is for streaming TV... No one gonna believe that!

Unless I'm retarded... That's what it is right? Streaming live TV? With vod section for previous shit?
Yes

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Finally figured this out. I had to add that computer's IP address to the DMZ on the router. Once I did that and rebooted the router, it seems to be working perfectly again.
/livejournal

Worked for a day. Back to doing the same exact thing it used to. Fuck me. Last thing to try is putting the Comcast router into bridge mode so it works as just a cable modem, and re-connect my old router. Unless I happen upon some other thing to try.

Pretty fucking annoyed by this.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Cool thanks. I may sign up for the 3 day trial and check it out.
Did you end up trying it out? Seem good so far?

Sadly moved away from the $40 /month w/ HBO package all channels (grandfathered) DirecTV Now package, due to moving away from the old roommate and have no desire to pay $50 /month for some other streaming service with half the channels... Needing a sexy ipTV alternative.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Did you end up trying it out? Seem good so far?

Sadly moved away from the $40 /month w/ HBO package all channels (grandfathered) DirecTV Now package, due to moving away from the old roommate and have no desire to pay $50 /month for some other streaming service with half the channels... Needing a sexy ipTV alternative.
Yes, I signed up for it. It's $14 per month and so far works quite well. If you want to do the SmartTV install it works better on newer TV's and much easier on LG's. It is fairly slow on my Samsung since that TV is a bit older.

There have been a couple times that some of the channels are down, but the customer service and response time is really good.

I am going to keep it for now and see how it holds up. For me the single more important thing is the NFL season. I am really hoping it will work.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yes, I signed up for it. It's $14 per month and so far works quite well. If you want to do the SmartTV install it works better on newer TV's and much easier on LG's. It is fairly slow on my Samsung since that TV is a bit older.

There have been a couple times that some of the channels are down, but the customer service and response time is really good.

I am going to keep it for now and see how it holds up. For me the single more important thing is the NFL season. I am really hoping it will work.

What's the channel package like? Essentially every stateside channel known to man, and some international stuff? 1800 channels is insane.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
What's the channel package like? Essentially every stateside channel known to man, and some international stuff? 1800 channels is insane.
Yeah, more channels than I really know what to do with. This was the link they sent me when I inquired about the TV channels for the Epic bundle. http://www.subportal.io/channellist/Epicstream However, it doesn't seem to load all the time.
Do they have an Android TV install?
Here is the list of setup instructions they have listed for the Epic bundle

1564180788114.png

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Although the channels really aren't all encompasing. For example, I am trying to find a sports channel playing the Dodgers game, and either I don't know what to look for, or they simply don't have it. The beauty of MMA-TV.net is that it always has ALL the sports games on it.

Edit: So I just put in a question about the game in their Discord server, and he quickly came back and let me know where the game was playing. So I am still happy :)

Last edited:

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Been looking at another internet/TV solution.

I have Century Link Fiber available at my house. No data cap - 1gb Up and down. $65 a month price for life. Anyone use this service today? Also, I can get a directv bundle added supporting 3 TV's and DVR for the 12 month rate of 55 (Doubles after 12 months). Basically minus taxes and fees with free install and a free owned century link modem (Not rental) I will pay 134 a month for the first 12 months - and roughly 190-200 after.

Current service is with Comcast. Have all channels, DVR set tops for 3 TV's, 400 meg down, get like fucking 9 meg up (Horrible) and am around 220 a month along with a data cap of 1tb which I come close to going over monthly. I can get rid of that for 50 a month, but BS. That would throw me almost into the 300 a month range for what I consider shit internet still.

My main questions would be: 1) Does anyone currently have century link Fiber? (Not DSL) and what is your experience with their service. 2) How much in taxes and fees are you seeing on your bill if you have close to the same bundle?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok actually, my other option here is 65 a month for Gig fiber for life - and leveraging PS Vue elite at 84 a month - unlimited cloud based DVR - 1080p streaming - no data caps.

That may be the better deal.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I saw Elite at 84.99, but market value compared to Comcast (Which doesn't offer TV stand alone) and DirecTV at 124 after 12 months without the movie channels, would be a sweet deal. Really interested to see if anyone has experience with Century Link Fiber however. That would be the main driver of all of it.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ok actually, my other option here is 65 a month for Gig fiber for life - and leveraging PS Vue elite at 84 a month - unlimited cloud based DVR - 1080p streaming - no data caps.

That may be the better deal.
Why don't you forget about any TV service at all, and just take full advantage of no data cap and download everything?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Why don't you forget about any TV service at all, and just take full advantage of no data cap and download everything?
This here. I found IPTV so I can watch sports, but other than that I have zero use for live TV.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Been looking at another internet/TV solution.

I have Century Link Fiber available at my house. No data cap - 1gb Up and down. $65 a month price for life. Anyone use this service today? Also, I can get a directv bundle added supporting 3 TV's and DVR for the 12 month rate of 55 (Doubles after 12 months). Basically minus taxes and fees with free install and a free owned century link modem (Not rental) I will pay 134 a month for the first 12 months - and roughly 190-200 after.

Current service is with Comcast. Have all channels, DVR set tops for 3 TV's, 400 meg down, get like fucking 9 meg up (Horrible) and am around 220 a month along with a data cap of 1tb which I come close to going over monthly. I can get rid of that for 50 a month, but BS. That would throw me almost into the 300 a month range for what I consider shit internet still.

My main questions would be: 1) Does anyone currently have century link Fiber? (Not DSL) and what is your experience with their service. 2) How much in taxes and fees are you seeing on your bill if you have close to the same bundle?
I have Century Link Gigabit. For me it's $80 flat every month. I've had no real complaints. Though the one time I did it was fucking hell trying to find a number to get in touch with support, but the tech that came out was on top of his shit.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

Well, we still have one last kid in the house. Also my wife would pretty much implode without HGTV and the Price is Right :p (I know...) Oh, and Married at First Sight. If lifetime was on PS Vue we would be doing that right now.

I cannot believe I just said I need a service with Lifetime.

Edit: Wife = Not LIFE. Oh God no I couldn't care less about those shows. Well, Married at First Sight is entertaining. We watch that to show us how normal our lives are :p

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, we still have one last kid in the house. Also my wife would pretty much implode without HGTV and the Price is Right :p (I know...) Oh, and Married at First Sight. If lifetime was on PS Vue we would be doing that right now.

I cannot believe I just said I need a service with Lifetime.

Edit: Wife = Not LIFE. Oh God no I couldn't care less about those shows. Well, Married at First Sight is entertaining. We watch that to show us how normal our lives are :p
I have 3 kids and haven't had TV for any of them. The kids shows available across Hulu, Netflix, and YouTube are so extensive that it's fine.

As for HGTV and Lifetime there are options to get those shows I think? Probably worth looking into IPTV that's recently been posted about, or like I said, figure out what shows she likes from there and download them? You literally can get any show, including Married at First Sight.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
You're forgetting Utnayan is an old man!
I'm fucking 50 and I download everything except games (thanks Steam). Once you set up Sonarr, it gets even easier. I generally pick and choose my movies because I'm picky about quality, but TV shows just appear as if by magic. And I play them all via my nVidia Shield on my TV.

Speaking of the Shield, mine is starting to act up a little. I've had it since it came out in 2015, so not necessarily surprising. I'd like to get another one, but from what I can tell, nothing has been improved since the one I own (and I prefer the rechargable remote that came with mine). I don't want to buy the exact same thing if a newer one might be coming out, but I can't find anything about that (other than this one Engrish website that copy pastas the same shit to multiple sites with no actual helpful info). Anyone have any thoughts? I mean, it just upgraded to 9.0, so it is as current as it possibly can be, but at some point 5 year old tech has to be inferior, right??