Cord-Cutting, Or How to Stream your Way to Success

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Haven't gone through the last 50 pages, so I don't know what the "optimum" setup is, but I just cancelled my Dish Network and got Hulu Live instead, which along with Amazon Prime and Netflix has me mostly covered at half the price.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Plex app for PS4 started posting my playlist to Facebook Everytime I opened the app. No idea why. Can't find a setting anywhere. Unlinked my Facebook for PS4 to fix it, but don't understand

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
My Plex has suddenly decided it isn't open to outside access anymore. Really fucking bottling my mind trying to remedy it, since I have had it setup for a couple years now and clearly know what I'm doing in terms of port forwarding and shit. I click the "Enable Outside Connection" button, it turns green and says all is good for 3-10 seconds, then goes red. Those port checker sites all say the port is open too. And yet, no one can access Plex from the outside except via that indirect thing where it sends your shit to Plex first then to them, which severely limits quality. Google hasn't helped, nothing suggested works.

Really pissing me off. Might have to reinstall the whole thing, but I'm trying to avoid that.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I had that same problem awhile back and I had to reset my router to defaults and reconfigure it

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
My Plex has suddenly decided it isn't open to outside access anymore. Really fucking bottling my mind trying to remedy it, since I have had it setup for a couple years now and clearly know what I'm doing in terms of port forwarding and shit. I click the "Enable Outside Connection" button, it turns green and says all is good for 3-10 seconds, then goes red. Those port checker sites all say the port is open too. And yet, no one can access Plex from the outside except via that indirect thing where it sends your shit to Plex first then to them, which severely limits quality. Google hasn't helped, nothing suggested works.

Really pissing me off. Might have to reinstall the whole thing, but I'm trying to avoid that.
I had that happen before and had to make a couple of changes.

One thing I found was Windows Firewall was fucking with it. If I simply turned the Firewall off, refreshed Plex and had outside access connect, turned Firewall back on, it was fine. Pain in the ass since I had to do it every time I rebooted though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I had that happen before and had to make a couple of changes.

One thing I found was Windows Firewall was fucking with it. If I simply turned the Firewall off, refreshed Plex and had outside access connect, turned Firewall back on, it was fine. Pain in the ass since I had to do it every time I rebooted though.
Tried that again, made sure I shut everything down, all that, and it still does the same thing. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Haven't tried Noodles yet, due to needing to make sure I keep track of all the other settings I'd have to re-enter, but I guess that's my next step.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Wife and I are thinking of going this route, we swore we would kill our cable after GoT and are just good at procrastinating and being lazy. Sooooo....

Anyone tried iptv yet?
Heh, apparently this place went belly up already.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

I have been using this one for a couple months now and its been really solid. Admins seem to be responsive to emails and fix issues fast such as channels not working.
Thanks for the heads up. Do you know how long they have been running?

OK stupid question, but what are the various server hosting offerings? I mean they all have a different name, but doesn't really give much info.

Last edited:

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for the heads up. Do you know how long they have been running?

OK stupid question, but what are the various server hosting offerings? I mean they all have a different name, but doesn't really give much info.

You want the Epic server hosting. That is the one I purchased has like 1850 Live channels and over 700 vod channels.

They have been around for a couple years I know of, one of the original hosts.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
You want the Epic server hosting. That is the one I purchased has like 1850 Live channels and over 700 vod channels.

Cool thanks. I may sign up for the 3 day trial and check it out.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I havent had cable in some years, for the most part i have a plex server running on my Synology and i also have a Whatbox that i allow my coworkers and family to connect to. Between that and Netflix/Hulu/Prime i cant fathom paying absurd cable prices - Then again i work under a cable company umbrella so its only $25 for all services anyways but even then the interest in watching live television is nil.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

Finally figured this out. I had to add that computer's IP address to the DMZ on the router. Once I did that and rebooted the router, it seems to be working perfectly again.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

How do you have it setup and running? I'm trying to work through this Smart TV setup, but so far it's been a pain.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>

I use the app on my samsung tv. That site shows how to setup the app to allow you to stream it on various formats. I had to load it via USB since it is no longer available in the store.

For iOS devices I use GSE IPTV app.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks. I was trying to do it manually on the TV and it was awful. I just found the link about downloading the app on a USB and installing it that way.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

I use the app on my samsung tv. That site shows how to setup the app to allow you to stream it on various formats. I had to load it via USB since it is no longer available in the store.

For iOS devices I use GSE IPTV app.
Is there a limit on the number of streams you can have going at once? I have to assume yes. I mean realistically I would only have 1, maybe 2 going at once. But I also don't want to get dinged by them if I do have more going.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I suppose they hide any description of wtf those plans are to reduce the chance they get shut down? Yea sure, IP gurl is for streaming TV... No one gonna believe that!

Unless I'm retarded... That's what it is right? Streaming live TV? With vod section for previous shit?