Cord-Cutting, Or How to Stream your Way to Success

moosa

<Banned>
Curious as well.

What's some good ones? Any I can setup on a Roku or something, or they all something similar to Kodi on FireStick?

Roku removed the IPTV apps so I would stay away from that device. With firestick you have so many options. I personally wouldnt use Kodi but providers usually have their own app or Smarters, XCIPTV, Tivimate are a few popular ones. As far as providers, depending on what u are looking for, Prime, Epicstream, Titan and Chroma are some good ones. Best thing to do is to get trials. PM me for a site to check out.

remember it is not 100%, all providers have issues but for the cost it is well worth it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
IPTorrents just started their own IPTV service as well. I already use another one that works well for me, so no idea how good it is.

• 1Like

Grekko

Trakanon Raider
Fire cube 4K, install Kodi and IPTV from IPTorrents....
you can customize the 9,000 channels they offer.
For $10/month its a steal
Get your VPN of course.
All needed info at troypoint.com

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

loudgas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I got a firestick (1080p) for 25cdn this black friday, worth every penny. Went back and bought 2 more.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Some of these streaming services are ridiculous. My Mom got CBS All Access for fuck knows what reason. I decided to use it to catch up on Bull. She got the limited commercial one.

THEY CUT FOR COMMERCIALS IN THE MIDDLE OF A FUCKING SENTENCE.

It's actually infuriating. They are using their own show's, and they can't even use the natural commercial breaks. I've never seen something so retarded

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Some of these streaming services are ridiculous. My Mom got CBS All Access for fuck knows what reason. I decided to use it to catch up on Bull. She got the limited commercial one.

THEY CUT FOR COMMERCIALS IN THE MIDDLE OF A FUCKING SENTENCE.

It's actually infuriating. They are using their own show's, and they can't even use the natural commercial breaks. I've never seen something so retarded

Pay for service, still get ads. That’s some bullshit right there. That’s going to catch on everywhere before long. I bet The Washington Post lets you read their articles for fucking free finally, but they insert ad word sentences randomly in the articles.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Be careful with those IPTV services. Dish is leading a consortium that's being super aggressive against them and when they shut them down, they're getting user lists and going after the users too.

How successful they are at actually suing vs threatening to sue is to be seen.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Be careful with those IPTV services. Dish is leading a consortium that's being super aggressive against them and when they shut them down, they're getting user lists and going after the users too.

How successful they are at actually suing vs threatening to sue is to be seen.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it will be about as successful as the RIAA and MPAA suing their own customers for downloading music and movies. The public sure loved that, didn't they?

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
What's the recommended VPN nowadays? Surfshark has a two year option for $47. Heard good things about ExpressVPN as well. Honestly would probably only use it while actively downloading stuff, and maybe on a Fire stick/Box for VPN. Maybe streaming if there is something on Netflix I want from another country.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
What's the recommended VPN nowadays? Surfshark has a two year option for $47. Heard good things about ExpressVPN as well. Honestly would probably only use it while actively downloading stuff, and maybe on a Fire stick/Box for VPN. Maybe streaming if there is something on Netflix I want from another country.

• 2Like

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
So, i thought about cord cutting, then i realized i would need to still pay 50 bucks for unlimited bandwidth and then more cash if i want any other service and i was back to about the same as im paying now! There is no point.

Sail the high seas and get (significantly) more for less.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Free if your time has no value. Popcorn was nice, but dead. Also fuck getting lawyer letters when one forgets to turn on vpn.

Do you realize how automated pirating is nowadays with things like Sonarr/Radarr/Couchpotato? It takes essentially zero time/effort after the initial setup.

It's like having a DVR. It knows when shows air or movies release. And for many big shows, it downloads them before the episode is even finished airing live.

Personally, I've NEVER gotten a notification with Usenet, and the only time I've gotten notification for torrents is when I used a public tracker.

• 1Solidarity

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Do you realize how automated pirating is nowadays with things like Sonarr/Radarr? It takes essentially zero time after the initial setup. It's like having a DVR. It knows when shows air or movies release. And for shows, it usually downloads them before the episode is even finished airing live.

Personally, I've NEVER gotten a notification with Usenet, and the only time I've gotten notification for torrents is when I used a public tracker.
Mmm, mmm. The shady settlement lawyers have started actual trials here and won afaik. I got a few settlement letters for a friggen pr0n once. Not risking it vs pennies on netflix/hbo/d+ any more. And I don't trust the vpn vendors either. Jungle as far as I'm concerned.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you're too dumb to figure out how to not get in trouble, then you're probably right that it's not worth it for you.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hell, I pay for Netflix/Hulu/Amazon because they cost nothing, but still use Plex because it's just 10x easier having everything in one place.

Sounds like you just grew into being a technology retard.

Last edited:
  • 1OK, Sure
  • 1WTF

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bandwidth usage really depends on how many shows you watch, and how many movies you want to see. I maintain a Plex server for all sorts of random shit that's just easier to put on Plex than it is to find it elsewhere and I am friends with the family on Plex so they have access to it. In exchange we share logins for Netflix and Hulu. I pay for Amazon for the Prime, and also D+. Works out, and when I get a text from a buddy that says he scored major points because there's a dozen Hallmark Christmas movies new up on my Plex, it feels good! lol

But my original point, with all that, I'm still barely creeping under my 1TB cap per month on Comcast. I max it out every month, but typically don't have to pay the $10 per 50gb overage charges.