Cord-Cutting, Or How to Stream your Way to Success

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Can someone kindly explain how streaming tv works? I just paid for IPTV on ip torrents, and Im fucking LOST. I just cancelled legacy cable and in major need of help.

Im swamped with mp3u files, and EPG's and fucking channel lists and its all too confusing. Ive read you need to pay for plex, on top of a epg service and then have another xeteve app or whatever the fuck! Its crazy, I figured out how to open a mp3u file through VLC player (I copied link from IP torrents IPTV hot channels link, but Im just lost)

Crone

Can someone kindly explain how streaming tv works? I just paid for IPTV on ip torrents, and Im fucking LOST. I just cancelled legacy cable and in major need of help.

Im swamped with mp3u files, and EPG's and fucking channel lists and its all too confusing. Ive read you need to pay for plex, on top of a epg service and then have another xeteve app or whatever the fuck! Its crazy, I figured out how to open a mp3u file through VLC player (I copied link from IP torrents IPTV hot channels link, but Im just lost)
Did you ever figure this out? On a whim, I signed up for what I thought was IPT IPTV, but it's privateiptvaccess? but I'm in the middle of the same thing. I side-loaded IPTV Smarters Pro onto my Roku, but it won't work. Finally found comments that Roku disabled all private channels so that's probably why it won't work even though you can still install it. Seems I'll need to go get a Firestick if I want to use this.

Jozu

Yea man i never figured it out. I just pay 10$ a month for IPTV access and just watch on media player through the website links and then stream to my TV thru wifi screen share. No TV guide or anything but it works well enough I guess if you know exactly what you want to watch.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Any updates/suggestions on what's out there for IPTV service ?
This is kinda odd and I still don't understand it but...

We have a large LG set in our living room, around 2 years old. We attached an OTA antenna and get a shitton of channels of which only a few are useful (unless you want to watch NCIS 24/7). But then at the end of the OTA channel listing we're getting a ton of IP stations, IP and a number. Tons of things like each CBS regional news, and a lot of other stuff, only about half of it works. Assuming we'd need some subscription for the rest but no Idea how to get that strung together.

With how much our TV watching has gone down between OTA, Amazon Prime, and one $20 a month service during hockey season to stream the Stars that's our cord cutting or near to it life now.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Real Debrid is my new daddy. It's not for live tv, but it sure as hell beats running my own home server. You do have to pay for Real Debrid, but after you get it setup and can search for anything your heart desires, you'll see its worth it. Basically, Stremio is the client you load on the device. Torrentio is the plugin that connects Stremio to Real Debrid, and Real Debrid is the service that indexes all of the torrent sites and hosts the video files for you. So, you request something, RD finds it on a torrent site and downloads the video file to their server and then streams it to your Stremio via Torrentio. It has been nearly flawless for the last 6 months.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Real Debrid is my new daddy. It's not for live tv, but it sure as hell beats running my own home server. You do have to pay for Real Debrid, but after you get it setup and can search for anything your heart desires, you'll see its worth it. Basically, Stremio is the client you load on the device. Torrentio is the plugin that connects Stremio to Real Debrid, and Real Debrid is the service that indexes all of the torrent sites and hosts the video files for you. So, you request something, RD finds it on a torrent site and downloads the video file to their server and then streams it to your Stremio via Torrentio. It has been nearly flawless for the last 6 months.
Any need for a VPN? Or is it not technically necessary because it's downloading to Real Debird's servers, and not your own?

Can you share your credentials with family members, or is RD strict about that?

Also, how's the UI once you actually have it on your streaming device? I'd love a live tv option, but I really, really like the sound of this.

Xerge

<Donor>
so ChillTV is the hip thing and im curious if I should be using a VPN with it? This service comes with live TV, sports subs like DAZN, and various categories like netflix and Prime.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Any need for a VPN? Or is it not technically necessary because it's downloading to Real Debird's servers, and not your own?

Can you share your credentials with family members, or is RD strict about that?

Also, how's the UI once you actually have it on your streaming device? I'd love a live tv option, but I really, really like the sound of this.

No need for a VPN, you will just be streaming the video files, not the torrents.

It is locked to one IP, but you can share it with as many devices on your home network as you want. At $4 a month it would be worth it to get separate accounts for separate locations. Keep in mind that Stremio has recently watched menus so it could get confusing with too many people on it.

The UI of Stremio is fantastic for me. Works perfectly on my PC, mac and ONN android tv boxes. All the art comes in perfectly, menus are super fast, works intuitively with the remote.

For live tv I subscribe to PrivateIPTVAccess.com a few times a year for sports and stuff and set it up in TiviMate. Works great.

• 1Like

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I use the Kodi addon the crew for streaming sports. Has worked fairly flawlessly for me. Other than that I use Usenet for content

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Flight

Molten Core Raider

Would this be a decent solution for a Fire stick/Android box for use on TV or is it all about PC ?

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I bought a NAS seeeeveral months ago and finally moved my Plex server to the NAS. I had been hosting it on my PC bc I was afraid I'd get degredation or something. But, I'd always run into weird outlier cases where my PC would get an Windows Update restart while I was away on a trip or something and could no longer access it.

Well, boy was I wrong. The Plex server is actually better on my NAS than it was on my PC for whatever reason. My PC is top of the line too, so idk whats up with that. But I'm happy that there's been little to no loss in the quality of streaming.

Having said that I use Deluge to download a lot of my torrents, but it's been crapping out hard here lately. I'll open it, click it, and it will freeze to the point that I can't even end its task in Task Manager.

Soooo, what's a better torrent downloader?

Last edited:

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
The condo I am moving into has fiber, and I haven't watched TV in ages, so I am going to kick Comcast to the curb. I dropped TV for a few years before current house but got it again because old people really really like their broadcast TV. This time I am out completely. Instead of $185 for internet and TV I will only have to pay $70 for 1g up/down with no caps.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I bought a NAS seeeeveral months ago and finally moved my Plex server to the NAS. I had been hosting it on my PC bc I was afraid I'd get degredation or something. But, I'd always run into weird outlier cases where my PC would get an Windows Update restart while I was away on a trip or something and could no longer access it.

Well, boy was I wrong. The Plex server is actually better on my NAS than it was on my PC for whatever reason. My PC is top of the line too, so idk whats up with that. But I'm happy that there's been little to no loss in the quality of streaming.

Having said that I use Deluge to download a lot of my torrents, but it's been crapping out hard here lately. I'll open it, click it, and it will freeze to the point that I can't even end its task in Task Manager.

Soooo, what's a better torrent downloader?
I don't have a suggestion for torrent client, as I have a seedbox with rtorrent, but on the subject of Deluge crapping out, do you tend to keep a lot of torrents seeding? Since I have the seedbox, I have a tendency to just leave shit on there if space isn't an issue, because more ratio is always better, but I find that if I get too many torrents it starts to not want to cooperate. I'm talking like 300+, so maybe I'm just an extreme case, but it is something to consider. The torrents were actually working just fine, auto-loading the torrents, auto-downloading to my pc, all that...I just couldn't actually click on the interface and do shit because I guess it couldn't keep all the torrent info in the memory it was allocated or something.

Anyway, just a suggestion in case that's the problem and you don't have to go through moving to a new client when you have one you already are used to.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I don't have a suggestion for torrent client, as I have a seedbox with rtorrent, but on the subject of Deluge crapping out, do you tend to keep a lot of torrents seeding? Since I have the seedbox, I have a tendency to just leave shit on there if space isn't an issue, because more ratio is always better, but I find that if I get too many torrents it starts to not want to cooperate. I'm talking like 300+, so maybe I'm just an extreme case, but it is something to consider. The torrents were actually working just fine, auto-loading the torrents, auto-downloading to my pc, all that...I just couldn't actually click on the interface and do shit because I guess it couldn't keep all the torrent info in the memory it was allocated or something.

Anyway, just a suggestion in case that's the problem and you don't have to go through moving to a new client when you have one you already are used to.

I think the thing that really craps it out is that periodically it'll try redownloading a ton of shit that's already on my drive. So, then I'll do a "force recheck" and the 300 items its rechecking kills download speed and freezes the program, lol.

So, probably a similar, if not the same, thing you're talking about.