Coronavirus Updates, Important Information, and Ancedotal Experience

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Does the forum support any form of web embed for things? To do a mobile format webpage like we currently embed twitter and other social media links?

Only certain sources which are done via addons, that I'm aware of. My current idea is to provide the first post of both threads to someone willing to update the first post via editing with up-to-date info.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Welp. I had a two day class with about 10 people. The instructor was sick with what he thought was a cold. He was VERY good at wiping everything down, even down to our cert as he handed them to us. I brought my own disinfecting wipes just in case and used the whole canister in those two days. That was Tuesday.

I could not sleep because of a cough last night, now I'm getting achy with a mild headache that won't go away for the better part of a day now. Same with one other woman I work with. We shall see.

I work from home, so even if I am sick, business as usual. I'm also not that dick that doesn't give a fuck, and would stay in the house regardless...BUT I did go to the grocery store yesterday prior to feeling bad. Everything I read says it takes about 5 days to show any symptoms. I'm going to assume I'm coming down with a cold, and go from there. Sent an email to the instructor and he hasn't responded yet. Just to check how he's feeling as of yesterday.

Side bar: Can someone explain to me the toiletries being hoarded? Hand sanitizer I get...but why the paper towels and such?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Welp. I had a two day class with about 10 people. The instructor was sick with what he thought was a cold. He was VERY good at wiping everything down, even down to our cert as he handed them to us. I brought my own disinfecting wipes just in case and used the whole canister in those two days. That was Tuesday.

I could not sleep because of a cough last night, now I'm getting achy with a mild headache that won't go away for the better part of a day now. Same with one other woman I work with. We shall see.

I work from home, so even if I am sick, business as usual. I'm also not that dick that doesn't give a fuck, and would stay in the house regardless...BUT I did go to the grocery store yesterday prior to feeling bad. Everything I read says it takes about 5 days to show any symptoms. I'm going to assume I'm coming down with a cold, and go from there. Sent an email to the instructor and he hasn't responded yet. Just to check how he's feeling as of yesterday.

Side bar: Can someone explain to me the toiletries being hoarded? Hand sanitizer I get...but why the paper towels and such?
source.gif

and karens see other karens doing it on facebook

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Preparing for being quarantined, you don't wanna run out of luxury items like that. Initially people just assumed that an illness from china would probably give you the shits because it's a 3rd world country and most of those 3rd world country illnesses give you the shits and kill you through dehydration. But now even though we realize it's a cold (which doesn't give you the shits), it's herd mentality. People see the shelves looking sort of bare and it causes them to panic buy more than they need. Oh and I guess your use will go up if you have to stay home. I'm sure most Americans shit at work whenever they can, which greatly reduces your home TP use.

For me personally, I bought a bunch because I hate buying TP so I have always tried to buy 6 months worth at a time and I just happen to have been running out. When I bought more last week, the shelves were full. Wife and I went out to sams last night and the TP and paper towel shelves were all empty.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Since this is the grown up thread, I'm not going to wade through that cesspool anymore. I saw a headline last night that the jews came up with a vaccine. I don't see it when I search now. Was that real or clickbait?

Leon

<Silver Donator>

I'd be careful believing this. Most virii can be found much later in inactive form after infection. Yes it can still be in your system, no you can't infect anyone anymore.

Some german scientists already tested that people infected emit very little infectious particles 5 days into being sick (while still showing symptoms) and that after recovery they emit none. The virus can still be in the body but they are not longer spreading the infection. I'll look for the article when i get a chance.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Thanks, I added it to the first post.

Actually it doesn’t update unless it’s edited and previewed or put in a reply and preview then they all update. I guess a daily edit or so will do that.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Brazilian President Bolsonaro, who was meeting with Trump last Saturday, tests positive.

Edit:

Bolsonaro now denying reports. Make of that what you will.

Last edited:

Hoss

<Gold Donor>

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good overview of the current situation and what to expect, posted today by Dr Campbell (from first post).

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
First county in Switzerland closed their school.
This will probably be the biggest economic burden for small enterprise as the parents will have to stay at home
In Portugal all schools, universities, etc are closed till 10th of April
Many Co workers are going to work from home

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
So, in typical fashion of my grandmother, she decided it would be an AMAZING time to travel to see great-grandbaby's 1st birthday. I called her up a week before her take off and said, "Old people are getting this and dying, I dunno Grandma, I think you should stay home"

She video-messages me after getting home yesterday and she's coughing.

Great.

Have fun with that one NorCal. Just in-case I hit the news, it was from Dallas to NorCal so all yalls fucked, OH...and they had a layover with de-plane in Spokane WA.

---

Product availability side:

Stock-up on perishable goods. Costco near me, as of today, is nearly out of bread, milk, eggs and is fully out of anything related to cleaning / hygiene and some insane people are eying floor-cleaner as an "ALTERNATIVE"...fucking retarded.

---
"Juicy Details"?:

My wife works for A LARGE COMPANY THAT MANUFACTURES AND SHIPS FOOD GOODS and none of what I'm about to say is public, they closed down a couple HQ campuses because proxy people related to people have COVID. The food industry is taking this shit deadly serious, daily meetings, daily call-outs, if you even hint at showing symptoms you are working remote and the office / DC goes into quarantine mode with cleanup and eval for a MINIMUM of 1 work day. So far they are handling this shit better than the tech industry.

The impact of their stringent regulations will be supply issues for all of their products (which a majority of you consume, most likely).

The benefit tho (investment wise) is that this will be a banner year for sales and any of you invested in them by EOY will have gains, most likely.

---

Local details:

Arlington ISD in Texas just announced that there is no school til the 30th in order to bleed this out. Cool.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser

This is the best overview for healthcare personal so far, sans local guidelines.

The video from this about donning & doffing is what we adhere to in the critical care, trauma and critical admittance, as well as the ICU. Worth a watch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users