Coronavirus Updates, Important Information, and Ancedotal Experience

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I ordered 2x bidets. The TP situation in MA is retarded right now.

We've been ordered to work from home maybe until April 15

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I ordered 2x bidets. The TP situation in MA is retarded right now.

We've been ordered to work from home maybe until April 15
I really want to see how a super taster treats the final end of the GI tract.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
So, was talking today with a buddy that wasn't "Buying into the hype" and wasn't stockpiling things.

Good on him but stupid.

Everyone around you is stockpiling, that will lead to shortages, you will lose access to some things because others are consuming more.

If you live on certain foods, double down on those foods, freeze and store if you need to because it isn't the virus that will cause you an issue, it's the morons buying every fucking thing they don't need in bulk.

Forecasts and JIT servicing for goods has been industry standard for far too long to pivot for this scale. You'll start seeing ramp-up in production happening but not being fully effective til about late april early may, depending on the product.

Bottom line?

Buy shit you use in a greater quantity, because people...not the flu. Plan for 2 months of shortage.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
This might be true for parts of Europe or if you live on an island dependent on infrequent shipments from the mainland, but if you're in the US there is no need to stockpile on things for the vast majority of people. If there is ever a shortage of crucials in the US the thing you're going to want and wish you had is a gun to protect yourself from the inevitable riots and looting, not a year supply of random canned shit and comfort items. We're never going to come close to running out of food or anything crucial worth stockpiling to survive and if we ever did reach that point you'll have problems to deal with that's bigger than said items. If you feel the need to stockpile on comfort items because you can't live without them then you probably have a problem that should be addressed, but our economy thanks you for your money nonetheless.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Denaut

Trump's Staff
It looks like all the closures and cancellations have worked:
Capture.PNG

Total cases have flat-lined and the number of new cases has fallen off a cliff. Now the only question is how long we need to maintain it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, was talking today with a buddy that wasn't "Buying into the hype" and wasn't stockpiling things.

Good on him but stupid.

Everyone around you is stockpiling, that will lead to shortages, you will lose access to some things because others are consuming more.

If you live on certain foods, double down on those foods, freeze and store if you need to because it isn't the virus that will cause you an issue, it's the morons buying every fucking thing they don't need in bulk.

Forecasts and JIT servicing for goods has been industry standard for far too long to pivot for this scale. You'll start seeing ramp-up in production happening but not being fully effective til about late april early may, depending on the product.

Bottom line?

Buy shit you use in a greater quantity, because people...not the flu. Plan for 2 months of shortage.
This is pretty much what I said to my wife. She all of the sudden got the panic yesterday when they closed schools in Illinois even though I told her it was inevitable they would do this a couple weeks ago.
I feel like this is true for a lot of people though. This weekend is when the real panic buying will set in. She did say it was pretty calm except for no toilet paper or bottled water.

• 2Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Will be updating this post with benefits as they roll in and I suspect several over time here.
Starting with:
T-mobile and Metro cell services will have unlimited free data until May 12th. This is to help with online classes/school issues for people without or poor internet.
  • Starting now - ALL current T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers who have plans with data will have unlimited smartphone data for the next 60 days (excluding roaming).
  • Providing T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers an additional 20GB of mobile hotspot / tethering service for the next 60 days – coming soon.
  • Working with our Lifeline partners to provide customers extra free data up to 5GB of data per month over the next two months.
  • Increasing the data allowance for free to schools and students using our EmpowerED digital learning programs to ensure each participant has access to at least 20GB of data per month for the next 60 days.
Additionally, we are now:
  • Offering free international calling for ALL current T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers to Level 3 impacted countries.
  • Supporting the FCC’s Keep Americans Connected Pledge focused on ensuring residential and small business customers with financial impacts do not lose service
In addition, Dish has given T-Mobile use of its full rights of the 600mhz spectrum to ensure fast speeds where available for the next 60 days.

Comcast-Comcast has increased the speeds of its Internet Essentials plan aimed at low-income earners as of March 16, Dana Strong, president of Comcast Cable consumer services, said in a blog post Thursday. This involves offering 60 days of free service, after which people will be charged $9.95 per month, and increasing speeds on this plan from 15/2Mbps to 25/3Mbps.

Update 3/16 All data caps removed for Xfinity and wifi spots

ATT-
AT&T is waiving fees for going over data caps, adding that many of its internet customers already have unlimited data.

"Additionally, through Access from AT&T we'll continue to offer internet data to qualifying limited income households for $10 a month," an AT&T spokesperson added in an emailed statement Thursday, March 12.

On Friday, AT&T added all home internet users have access to unlimited data; it will offer Cisco Webex Meetings video conferencing for free for the next 90 days for businesses, universities and schools; customers will be credited for the costs of calling CDC Level-3 countries; its World Connect Advantage plan will be 50% off; and it is supporting the State Educational Technology Directors Association (SETDA), which is developing "communication tools for parents, teachers and school boards to help them handle school closures and the increase in virtual learning."

Verizon-
On Friday, Verizon said it will waive late fees for the next 60 days, and keep homes and small businesses connected while they're "negatively impacted by global crisis."

"We want to ensure that our customers can continue to use the internet to work, learn, and carry on with their lives as we all address this collective challenge," Hans Vestberg, Verizon CEO, said as part of a new FCC pledge by carriers March 13 that involves not terminating residential or small business services due to their inability to pay bills during the coronavirus pandemic; waiving late fees; and opening their Wi-Fi hotspots to all Americans for the next 60 days.

Sprint-
Sprint announced Friday that it'll offer unlimited data for 60 days starting next week. The arrangement will kick in by March 19, and Sprint will also provide customers with an extra 20GB of mobile hotspot data per month for the same time period.

The carrier is also waiving late fees from Friday, and won't terminate services if customers are unable to pay their bill due to the impacts of the coronavirus. By Tuesday, it'll introduce free international calling for CDC Level 3 nations for customers with long-distance calling plans.

Customers who don't pay for mobile hotspot services will get 20GB per month for the next 60 days "soon," Sprint added.

Meijer Shipt grocery delivery-Meijer is making efforts to ensure delivery remains as safe as possible. In many cases they will now ring the doorbell/contact you as requested and leave groceries on the front door step only to limit contact. Ensure you at home and capable of bringing inside yourselves.

Door Dash will be providing its drivers with protective and sanitizing items and will like grocery delivery place food at the front door unless you upload a image of location you prefer.
Postmates will eliminate person to person contact and also leave the food in a desired place.

Walgreens- Now offering free shipping on everything no minimum of store items including prescriptions
* have not verified but code COVID19 may give you 19% off additionally.

CVS-

• Beginning immediately, CVS Pharmacy will waive charges for home delivery of prescription medications, which will help patients avoid visiting their local CVS Pharmacy for refills or new prescriptions.
  • Aetna will offer 90-day maintenance medication prescriptions for insured and Medicare members.
For the next 90 days, we are offering zero-dollar co-pay telemedicine visits for any reason, helping members limit potential exposure in physician offices.

Added 3/16
Uhaul-

Uhaul offering 30 days free storage to students displaced due to Covid-19

Lots of various "deals" such as Amazon 90 days free music for new customers, Southwest Airlines $199 anywhere flight bookings until 3/20, Red Lobster free delivery over $30 and hundreds more on places like slickdeals.net but not really direct CV only.

Is a list of bills pending or passed for each state regarding CV19

Is state quarantine and isolation laws

1584414176490.png

Still seeking a self updating resource here

Last edited:
  • 5Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Will be updating this post with benefits as they roll in and I suspect several over time here.
Starting with:
T-mobile and Metro cell services will have unlimited free data until May 12th. This is to help with online classes/school issues for people without or poor internet.
  • Starting now - ALL current T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers who have plans with data will have unlimited smartphone data for the next 60 days (excluding roaming).
  • Providing T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers an additional 20GB of mobile hotspot / tethering service for the next 60 days – coming soon.
  • Working with our Lifeline partners to provide customers extra free data up to 5GB of data per month over the next two months.
  • Increasing the data allowance for free to schools and students using our EmpowerED digital learning programs to ensure each participant has access to at least 20GB of data per month for the next 60 days.
Additionally, we are now:
  • Offering free international calling for ALL current T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers to Level 3 impacted countries.
  • Supporting the FCC’s Keep Americans Connected Pledge focused on ensuring residential and small business customers with financial impacts do not lose service.
Also USPS service mailer 3/14
View attachment 254192

Comcast-Comcast has increased the speeds of its Internet Essentials plan aimed at low-income earners as of March 16, Dana Strong, president of Comcast Cable consumer services, said in a blog post Thursday. This involves offering 60 days of free service, after which people will be charged $9.95 per month, and increasing speeds on this plan from 15/2Mbps to 25/3Mbps.

ATT-
AT&T is waiving fees for going over data caps, adding that many of its internet customers already have unlimited data.

"Additionally, through Access from AT&T we'll continue to offer internet data to qualifying limited income households for $10 a month," an AT&T spokesperson added in an emailed statement Thursday, March 12.

On Friday, AT&T added all home internet users have access to unlimited data; it will offer Cisco Webex Meetings video conferencing for free for the next 90 days for businesses, universities and schools; customers will be credited for the costs of calling CDC Level-3 countries; its World Connect Advantage plan will be 50% off; and it is supporting the State Educational Technology Directors Association (SETDA), which is developing "communication tools for parents, teachers and school boards to help them handle school closures and the increase in virtual learning."

Verizon-
On Friday, Verizon said it will waive late fees for the next 60 days, and keep homes and small businesses connected while they're "negatively impacted by global crisis."

"We want to ensure that our customers can continue to use the internet to work, learn, and carry on with their lives as we all address this collective challenge," Hans Vestberg, Verizon CEO, said as part of a new FCC pledge by carriers March 13 that involves not terminating residential or small business services due to their inability to pay bills during the coronavirus pandemic; waiving late fees; and opening their Wi-Fi hotspots to all Americans for the next 60 days.

Sprint-
Sprint announced Friday that it'll offer unlimited data for 60 days starting next week. The arrangement will kick in by March 19, and Sprint will also provide customers with an extra 20GB of mobile hotspot data per month for the same time period.

The carrier is also waiving late fees from Friday, and won't terminate services if customers are unable to pay their bill due to the impacts of the coronavirus. By Tuesday, it'll introduce free international calling for CDC Level 3 nations for customers with long-distance calling plans.

Customers who don't pay for mobile hotspot services will get 20GB per month for the next 60 days "soon," Sprint added.

Added a quote of this to the first post to direct people to your post for updates

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think the panic buying emptied the stores. Our local supermarket shelves were completely wiped. I even peaked in the backroom and it was completely empty. The thing is the warehouses are not empty. Just the stores were not equipped to handle this. I think once they start to receive shipments again things will look better. That is, as long as the panic buying doesn't keep going past this weekend.

That's just my guess, I worked grocery for 13 years. We had our shelves wiped out during blizzards, and it took a week or so to get back up in stock.

That said, I've NEVER seen people resorting to buying napkins and paper towels to wipe their asses. So I don't know what the warehouse situation for that stuff is.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Welp. I had a two day class with about 10 people. The instructor was sick with what he thought was a cold. He was VERY good at wiping everything down, even down to our cert as he handed them to us. I brought my own disinfecting wipes just in case and used the whole canister in those two days. That was Tuesday.

I could not sleep because of a cough last night, now I'm getting achy with a mild headache that won't go away for the better part of a day now. Same with one other woman I work with. We shall see.

I work from home, so even if I am sick, business as usual. I'm also not that dick that doesn't give a fuck, and would stay in the house regardless...BUT I did go to the grocery store yesterday prior to feeling bad. Everything I read says it takes about 5 days to show any symptoms. I'm going to assume I'm coming down with a cold, and go from there. Sent an email to the instructor and he hasn't responded yet. Just to check how he's feeling as of yesterday.

Side bar: Can someone explain to me the toiletries being hoarded? Hand sanitizer I get...but why the paper towels and such?

Because yall've been right all along. White people are stupid.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Paper product suppliers here are saying they have more than enough product to go around, but the shelves are empty. I imagine the logistics of everything is just going through a shock and the throughput or reaction time just isn't there.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I think the panic buying emptied the stores. Our local supermarket shelves were completely wiped. I even peaked in the backroom and it was completely empty. The thing is the warehouses are not empty. Just the stores were not equipped to handle this. I think once they start to receive shipments again things will look better. That is, as long as the panic buying doesn't keep going past this weekend.

That's just my guess, I worked grocery for 13 years. We had our shelves wiped out during blizzards, and it took a week or so to get back up in stock.

That said, I've NEVER seen people resorting to buying napkins and paper towels to wipe their asses. So I don't know what the warehouse situation for that stuff is.

The panic is still going to remain strong as long as this shit stays in the news-cycle and we are still altering our lives in order to accommodate it in headspace.

Schools, vacation locations, travel...all of which are basically shut-down and we are told those things are ONLY ever shut down in MAJOR emergencies.

Queue panic-buying.

Paper product suppliers here are saying they have more than enough product to go around, but the shelves are empty. I imagine the logistics of everything is just going through a shock and the throughput or reaction time just isn't there.

LD&T is a nightmare right now, if I let my wife on here she would write novels of how she hates 3PL, they are lowbidders and shit tier at their jobs.

On the driver side though, they will attempt to unionize, they have been trying in our area for a while and they will use this uptick in demand to claim that they are indispensable.

They'd be wrong.

• 2Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I imagine the logistics of everything is just going through a shock and the throughput or reaction time just isn't there.

Yeah. I consult in the paper business. This is just going to deplete inventories for a bit. Average demand isn't changing, and there's no way to ramp production on these time scales. In three weeks when everyone figures out that they're not shitting more than normal and they've just bought six months in advance, demand will drop off a cliff and inventories will restore.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users