Coronavirus Updates, Important Information, and Ancedotal Experience

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
hey you medical ppl,

is this your gear? or at what point do you stop, why this guy put on two masks, and two shower caps?
I dont know why theyre doing all that. I've been assured by internet experts that just about any kind of loose fabric worn in the general head area protects you from the virus. Medical people are such fearmongers.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I dont know why theyre doing all that. I've been assured by internet experts that just about any kind of loose fabric worn in the general head area protects you from the virus. Medical people are such fearmongers.
They should all just dress in this.
1585576603423.jpeg

• 2Worf

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
hey you medical ppl,

is this your gear? or at what point do you stop, why this guy put on two masks, and two shower caps?

Showed this to my wife she said that they would only do that for full airborn precautions like Measles. In the US anyway, COVID is being handled as droplet precautions. (this is the current guidelines of CDC). They are still doing more to this level for procedures that can aerosol the virus such as intubation.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Is the cloth like a magnet for the virus.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
We’ve been wearing ‘normal’ masks over our n95’s so if anything gets soiled, the n95 is still (hopefully) clean and able to be reused the next day. Fun times.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
We’ve been wearing ‘normal’ masks over our n95’s so if anything gets soiled, the n95 is still (hopefully) clean and able to be reused the next day. Fun times.
Same, running low on N95 as it is.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Buddy of mine started a gofundme PPE for NE and has rallied all of us local guys with 3D printers to start printing stuff for our local hospitals. He has four printers going non stop, I only have one but I figure every mask I print might help somebody in need. I can send out a link to the files if anybody has a 3D printer and wants to make them for their own local community.

Matt Hero.jpg

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have my shop manager seeing if we can put this together efficiently.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Been going on for a while. They were bussing people in revival style for at least 2 weeks. Minority church in an almost all white surburb.
Its one thing to close businesses. Its quite another to shut churches. No matter your feelings on organized religion, this truly goes to the heart of our founding.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Its one thing to close businesses. Its quite another to shut churches. No matter your feelings on organized religion, this truly goes to the heart of our founding.
All my churches I drive past on a daily basis have their signs advertising youtube or facebook live streams etc because they are closed

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
All my churches I drive past on a daily basis have their signs advertising youtube or facebook live streams etc because they are closed
Is it voluntary or by order of the government? All the ones around here did it voluntarily except for a hasidic temple and they are working to convince them.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

A bunch of pass the buck now. More show up and they had two more stories on the news showing bussloads coming in. It magically changed from a black preacher and 90% black people there to all white now. I learned the suburb has a mayor and a police force, news to me. I bet that totals 2 people.

Last edited:

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Reporting in as a manager of a grocery chain with lots of hawaiian shirts. Comparing this week to last week which was the first full week since shit hit the fan. Store down about 800 customers a day compared to same day last week, average sale up over $30 over same day comparison (almost a 100% increase). My store is basically doing our regular sales numbers with half the customers. Just adding data to the pile. People seem to be taking the stay at home fairly seriously.

• 2Like

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
8 strains:

Distance:

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Showed this to my wife she said that they would only do that for full airborn precautions like Measles. In the US anyway, COVID is being handled as droplet precautions. (this is the current guidelines of CDC). They are still doing more to this level for procedures that can aerosol the virus such as intubation.

Ask your wife (I am assuming she is a bedside nurse) if she actually agrees with it. None of us believe it. We all think it is airborne. We suspect the reason it being "droplet" is due to lack of PPE. If the virus can live in the air for >3 hours, that doesn't sound like droplet to me. When we have TB, the particles fall after about an hour then a room can be cleaned.

"I dont know why theyre doing all that. I've been assured by internet experts that just about any kind of loose fabric worn in the general head area protects you from the virus. Medical people are such fearmongers."

Humm...are you working the front lines? Or are you sheltering at home?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Ask your wife (I am assuming she is a bedside nurse) if she actually agrees with it. None of us believe it. We all think it is airborne. We suspect the reason it being "droplet" is due to lack of PPE. If the virus can live in the air for >3 hours, that doesn't sound like droplet to me. When we have TB, the particles fall after about an hour then a room can be cleaned.

She was a floor nurse for 18yrs she is a manager now, but this is definitely the common concern amongst the staff. The way it was rolled out didn't help, starting everyone out by saying strong airborne protections then backing it off has everyone skeptical. For my wife specifically she told me that she believes in the droplet precautions choice largely on discussions with the centers top infectious disease doc who she has found to be an excellent physician. I do think they would be doing more with PPE out of an abundance of caution if the available supply was there. They had told them they would be wearing a full zip up suit while on the floor and then when they could not get enough of them they decided they didn't "need" them and changed the protocol back to gowns. So staff realize that the shortage is going to result in higher risk being taken, even if they are correct about it being droplet.

Yesterday, the Dr.'s were getting the nurses upset because they are walking around with N95 masks in situations where the nurses are being told they don't need them. They had lots of rule out patients whose tests came back negative so things have calmed down a little. It still remains to be seen if PA is going to be NJ like numbers just a week from now or if the shelter in place may have saved us from that spike. We'll know soon enough.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Yes, our facility -- the nurse will be written up and a verbal warning from manager if they are seen wearing a N95. Physicians can wear them and not get in trouble. Oh...the joys of being a nurse. Haha.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users