Coronavirus Updates, Important Information, and Ancedotal Experience

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
And I'll stand by what I said any time someone questions it.
You stand by shitting on rednecks and "religious idiots" despite the fact that the highest rates of infection are occuring in the urban population centers? All those rednecks in NYC are the real reason the virus has been such a disaster there. Right?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You stand by shitting on rednecks and "religious idiots" despite the fact that the highest rates of infection are occuring in the urban population centers? All those rednecks in NYC are the real reason the virus has been such a disaster there. Right?
I think the out breaks in major metropolitan areas was inevitable. I could shit on those people too. I think churches still holding services is one of the most retarded things I've ever heard

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I think the out breaks in major metropolitan areas was inevitable. I could shit on those people too. I think churches still holding services is one of the most retarded things I've ever heard
Not nearly as retarded as keeping the subways running in the hardest hit metro area in north America. ....something, something rednecks.

• 3Like
  • 1Ice Burn
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sorry I didn't rank the retard level of everyone. Just calling out specific groups has put a hair across your ass

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It is significantly easier to stop church parishioners from congregating with far less drastic effects on a population as a whole than it is to shut down the entirety of the NYC subway system.

Stopping the NYC subway system hinders even essential workers from actually getting to work. It's a major disruption and could have actual, real world consequences. Not just mental "My modern day mythology!" kinds of consequences. Can it be done? Sure, but it's not a simple task.

Let's not pretend the two are even in the same ballpark.

So, in fact, it's far more "retarded" than not shutting down subways in NYC.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
CA continuing the shutdown through all of May is disappointing. I don't really know what the end goal here is. Are we to shutdown until there's a vaccine? I thought the idea was to flatten the curve and we've gone above and beyond there. SF is fucking dead. Everywhere is closed and no one is even in the hosptials right now. We're getting less than 20 new cases per day and we're the second most dense city in the US. At least open the parks or something.

On another note I've been renting cars and driving up and down PCH just for something to do and it's amazing. No one is on the roads at all. I was able to make it almost all the way to LA going 60 mph the entire time. Unheard of.
They want the economy as fucked as possible so they can blame it on Trump in Nov.

• 3Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
More retarded than saying and believing there are more than 2 genders? Not pointing it at you, just expanding on the magnitude of "saying stupid things".

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The "essential" in that quote is the point of contention surrounding our current situation.

• 1Like
  • 1Potato
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
More retarded than saying and believing there are more than 2 genders? Not pointing it at you, just expanding on the magnitude of "saying stupid things".
If you go to the last of us thread you will see that I said tranny's should all die in a grease fire so take that as you will

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Missouri is opening back up may 4th. The governor has given the power to local officials to set stricter guidelines. So st Louis city and county are still closed down indefinitely. Said they will revisit it on may 15th. St Charles county where I live is set for may 4th

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Only about 6 weeks too late..

Just another time Bobby Barr is bending the Constitution to the will of absolute executive.

Barr is as good a lawyer as Dr Phil is a clinical psychologist.

This is Tump using the bully pulpit to threaten states to bend the knee. Because his talks during press conferences about leaving this totally up to the states and local leaders is a lie.

• 5Picard
  • 2Potato
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 7 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Just another time Bobby Barr is bending the Constitution to the will of absolute executive.

Barr is as good a lawyer as Dr Phil is a clinical psychologist.

This is Tump using the bully pulpit to threaten states to bend the knee. Because his talks during press conferences about leaving this totally up to the states and local leaders is a lie.
What the fuck is this trash take? The constitution is not suspended due to corona, states cant violate it.

• 3Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
CA continuing the shutdown through all of May is disappointing. I don't really know what the end goal here is. Are we to shutdown until there's a vaccine? I thought the idea was to flatten the curve and we've gone above and beyond there. SF is fucking dead. Everywhere is closed and no one is even in the hosptials right now. We're getting less than 20 new cases per day and we're the second most dense city in the US. At least open the parks or something.

Newsom has laid out his expectations, so to not just reiterate his talking points:

The #FlattenTheCurve = don't overwhelm healthcare system

However, we're still #StayHome because, among other things
1) We desperately lack PPE
2) Big danger of a second wave once things go back to normal & overrun healthcare system
3) We still haven't devised any good treatments (not just a long-term vaccine, but we don't know what to do with sick people who go to the hospital)
4) We still don't understand well how the virus works, attacks us, and even where it's transmitted most

Perhaps big government was optimistic about fixing these things quickly, but I tend to believe the extensions are to not cause mass panic. If they told us back in March we'd be holed up for 3+ months, they wouldn't have garnered public support. Instead, they've kept extending #stayhome and maintained public buy-in while rolling out even more rules (e.g., mandatory facemask).

Even if things were lifted, mandatory facemasks and 25% restaurant capacity aren't going to inspire consumer confidence.

• 1Picard

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
What the fuck is this trash take? The constitution is not suspended due to corona, states cant violate it.

Barr has violated the constitution more than any other ag in history. Of course, when you're the person writing the rules, no one can rule your actions unconstitutional.

It's a great feedback loop he's perfected. Trump is willing to take credit for governors flattening the curve and actually doing things against the virus, but now he's obsessed with reopening his economy and enflaming his religious voter base so suddenly these things are unconstitutional.

This is a clear case out of the Bobby Barr playbook: heed power to the absolute executive, do what he wants bending the law to enforce his will, and ignore any logic or precedent to get there.

• 4Picard
  • 1Pants on Fire!
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I'm not sure what to make of the argument "Big danger of second wave". I guess let's all just hide it out in our houses till a vaccine shows up, which is unlikely to tackle every strain. Makes a lot of sense...

• 3Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Provide proof. Will read the rest of the post after that.

Just one example:

I'm sure 2,500 bipartisan DOJ lawyers don't mean anything to you.

Neither would the calls for his ouster after his statements at Notre Dame or of the Mueller case.

Surely his thousands of shadow laws (sorry, justice department guidelines) that the public literally doesn't have access to.

There is a reason people either love or hate Bill Barr. The dude is a zealot.

• 2Picard
  • 1Potato
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Just one example:

I'm sure 2,500 bipartisan DOJ lawyers don't mean anything to you.

Neither would the calls for his ouster after his statements at Notre Dame or of the Mueller case.

Surely his thousands of shadow laws (sorry, justice department guidelines) that the public literally doesn't have access to.

There is a reason people either love or hate Bill Barr. The dude is a zealot.
Which part of this opinion is evidence that Barr has violated the constitution?

• 1Like