Coronavirus Updates, Important Information, and Ancedotal Experience

iannis

Musty Nester
So I stop in at CVS to pick up something this morning. They have an armed security guard at the entrance as I walk in.
Guard : I'm sorry, you have to wear a mask to enter. Its the law.
Me : No. Laws are created by the Legislature. They passed no such law. This is an executive order by the governor. Its also unconstitutional.
Guard : <blink, blink>. Uhh. Umm. Do you have a mask?
Me : No.
Pause.
Me : What aisle are the vitamins in?
Guard : Uhhh. I dont know you have to ask someone.
Me : OK. Thanks.

I walk away and get my vitamins. If he had said "company policy is mask or no service" I would have had to bail. Luckily he tried to sound all official. Fuck him and fuck Cuomo.

Yeah, people got a pretty loose understanding of what a law is. We're doing a partial max occupancy thing, and I've seen signs that it's a law.

It's not a bad idea, and i'll follow the suggestion, but it's not a law. That's not a semantic point. I wonder what these people think happens if they call the cops. Shit, I kinda wonder what the cops think happens.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
So I stop in at CVS to pick up something this morning. They have an armed security guard at the entrance as I walk in.
Guard : I'm sorry, you have to wear a mask to enter. Its the law.
Me : No. Laws are created by the Legislature. They passed no such law. This is an executive order by the governor. Its also unconstitutional.
Guard : <blink, blink>. Uhh. Umm. Do you have a mask?
Me : No.
Pause.
Me : What aisle are the vitamins in?
Guard : Uhhh. I dont know you have to ask someone.
Me : OK. Thanks.

I walk away and get my vitamins. If he had said "company policy is mask or no service" I would have had to bail. Luckily he tried to sound all official. Fuck him and fuck Cuomo.
/thathappened

So I went to pick up my monthly crate of Nosler 26 from the SoCal libcuck shop earlier. They have this Libtard Vegan Waif sitting outside with a tape measure to keep us six feet apart.

LVW: SIR, please maintain Social Distancing!
Me: Fuck you cuck, America! MAGA!
LVW: I'm so sorry! Please pleasure my wife!
Me: Ok.
EntireStore: *Claps*

Owner gives me $10,000.00 and free rimfire for life.

That LVW?

Albert Einstein.

• 12Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 12 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
/thathappened

So I went to pick up my monthly crate of Nosler 26 from the SoCal libcuck shop earlier. They have this Libtard Vegan Waif sitting outside with a tape measure to keep us six feet apart.

That LVW?

Albert Einstein.

The Korean Supermarket made me leave yesterday because I do not own a stupid mask in Austin, Texas.

I went back later with a neck gaiter.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
/thathappened

That LVW?

Albert Einstein.
How do you know you are on the correct side of a discussion? Scream is arguing for the other side.

• 3Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
The Korean Supermarket made me leave yesterday because I do not own a stupid mask in Austin, Texas.

I went back later with a neck gaiter.
I have a painters' mask in my coat posket and some driving/ski gloves if I find a place going full soup nazi about it. I just go in normally though and avoid people like I always have. Has not been an issue so far.

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah, people got a pretty loose understanding of what a law is. We're doing a partial max occupancy thing, and I've seen signs that it's a law.

It's not a bad idea, and i'll follow the suggestion, but it's not a law. That's not a semantic point. I wonder what these people think happens if they call the cops. Shit, I kinda wonder what the cops think happens.

It's like I always thought.. there's blue hairs on both sides of the aisle. Way to go karen with your "technicality".

You aren't noble for not wearing a mask, you are an asshole. And great job being mean to the poor minimum wage guy that is just trying to do his job - you rock dude. Totally owned him!

iannis

Musty Nester
Reading comprehension is a virtue.

As I stated quite clearly, I'll wear the mask because it's a good idea. Not because it's a "law".

But go on trying to dunk and be angry, I guess.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Reading comprehension is a virtue.

As I stated quite clearly, I'll wear the mask because it's a good idea. Not because it's a "law".

But go on trying to dunk and be angry, I guess.
Is your name Karen? Have I missed out on years of flirting with you?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Is your name Karen? Have I missed out on years of flirting with you?

Why do you think she disappeared when she got some authority? Karens don't want to be managers. They only want to speak to managers.

• 1Truth!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

1588027949982.png

So it looks like we were undercounting by ~half.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
The governor just extended the stay home mandate to May 15th in my state of Louisiana. I'm not surprised at all.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Montana opened up churches this Sunday and hair/nail salons today. My Mom went to church and said some people were keeping to themselves but most of them were shaking hands and hugging just like any other Sunday. The governor specified that people in churches were supposed to continue social distancing but it doesn't sound like that happened at all at least at that church. Sort of feels like we're going to fuck this up.

• 1Solidarity

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
New treatment being trialed in New York: famotidine (Pepcid) at about 9 times the dosage used for peptic ulcers/heartburn.

Rationale: Epidemiological studies of elderly Chinese who survived the disease revealed that many of them were self-medicating with Pepcid for heartburn.

Possible method of action: Pepcid is a Histamine-2 (H2) blocker. H2 receptors have been most extensively studied in the stomach, where their activation causes release of stomach acid. H2's role outside of the GI tract is less studied, but it appears to dampen various functions of the immune system when receptors are activated (reduces T cell aggressiveness, lowers antibody production). As COVID may be doing fucky things to T-cells, blocking an immune system limiter may allow the immune system to mount a more effective response.

Side effects: H2 blockers are generally well tolerated (although we are talking about 10x normal dosages here). Hypotension, GI side effects. They also act as negative inotropes (reduce the force at which the heart pumps), so they may be dangerous in CHFers. Famotidine also prolongs QT like Plaquenil and Zithromax, but not as much.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users