Coronavirus Updates, Important Information, and Ancedotal Experience

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Wouldn't surprise me to see this quickly escalate into a litigious bloodbath. Some of the guys I golf with are already becoming embroiled in legal battles over contract expirations and extensions and contractors they are working with refusing to amend terms and demanding payment in spite of no services being rendered or timelines being completely thrown off.

People are starting to go after each other legally out of desperation already and we're only just over a month in and, at least here, there doesn't seem to be any real end in sight. And still no real plan for the future.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dropping this link here as its for Coronachan masks. Smug is a pro-Trump dude on Twitter with about 200k followers. 100% of the proceeds are going to meals on wheels charity.

Disclaimer - as with everything on the internet buyer beware. And yes they are made in the US. Or at least Kentucky.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Governor Baker held a press conference yesterday saying MA is still in a critical time period for infections. He said he'd address lifting restrictions sometime next week.

My guess is hell lock is down for another month as we're set to open may 4th. It doesn't matter much to Me, I'll still be keeping my family locked down.

Just watching Facebook and all these businesses are drumming up all this excitement about opening May 4th and I can't really believe many people will be going out. But I guess as proven by religious idiots, they will.

• 6Picard
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 7 users

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
NC gov extended stay at home until May 8th then we'll see what happens after that. Probably a slow roll up on opening stuff but honestly with a lot of these business, the liability questions are going to get louder and louder (if they are not already). Also wonder how long is it going to take for people in general to start going out to places at the same levels as before everything was shut down.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Governor Baker held a press conference yesterday saying MA is still in a critical time period for infections. He said he'd address lifting restrictions sometime next week.

My guess is hell lock is down for another month as we're set to open may 4th. It doesn't matter much to Me, I'll still be keeping my family locked down.

Just watching Facebook and all these businesses are drumming up all this excitement about opening May 4th and I can't really believe many people will be going out. But I guess as proven by religious idiots, they will.
Northern States doing things one way and Southern States doing things the other. Now where have I seen this before. And before anyone says it, fuck California.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Northern States doing things one way and Southern States doing things the other. Now where have I seen this before. And before anyone says it, fuck California.

I'm not sure what Long Island parkways have to do with anything.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm not sure what Long Island parkways have to do with anything.

giphy-1.gif

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Even if everything went away today and the world restarted it would take time. You have a ton of people out of work with no income, they don't have money to spend

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Imagine willingly giving up all your own agency and ability to conduct your daily life as you see fit and then having the gall to look down your nose at the people that aren't willing to do that. Oof.

It's amazing we ever won independence in the first place. Imagine how many Noodles were around telling all the rednecks to shut up and stop antagonizing the red coats.

• 5Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
NC gov extended stay at home until May 8th then we'll see what happens after that. Probably a slow roll up on opening stuff but honestly with a lot of these business, the liability questions are going to get louder and louder (if they are not already). Also wonder how long is it going to take for people in general to start going out to places at the same levels as before everything was shut down.
The liability issue is huge and one of the only reasons I can see to justify nationwide rather than local shutdowns. Here we are about to reopen and we still haven't addressed it. Fun times ahead... lawyers are gonna be set for life.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Imagine willingly giving up all your own agency and ability to conduct your daily life as you see fit and then having the gall to look down your nose at the people that aren't willing to do that. Oof.

It's amazing we ever won independence in the first place. Imagine how many Noodles were around telling all the rednecks to shut up and stop antagonizing the red coats.

Imagine the gall of making fun and belittling others for sacrificing their own personal freedoms for your safety.

• 2Potato
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 6 users

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The liability issue is huge and one of the only reasons I can see to justify nationwide rather than local shutdowns. Here we are about to reopen and we still haven't addressed it. Fun times ahead... lawyers are gonna be set for life.

I guess it really depends on the circumstances. If 10 people who walked into a business gets sick in the last week and then it's found out that 2-3 of the employees are positive, lawyers would have a field day with that. I thought I read something that Congress was looking into liability protections but that's not going to happen until they come back.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

And I'll stand by what I said any time someone questions it.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
CA continuing the shutdown through all of May is disappointing. I don't really know what the end goal here is. Are we to shutdown until there's a vaccine? I thought the idea was to flatten the curve and we've gone above and beyond there. SF is fucking dead. Everywhere is closed and no one is even in the hosptials right now. We're getting less than 20 new cases per day and we're the second most dense city in the US. At least open the parks or something.

On another note I've been renting cars and driving up and down PCH just for something to do and it's amazing. No one is on the roads at all. I was able to make it almost all the way to LA going 60 mph the entire time. Unheard of.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Imagine the gall of making fun and belittling others for sacrificing their own personal freedoms for your safety.
No one needs to make sacrifices for me dude. I'm just fine, and leave my house every day to go to work

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users