Coronavirus Updates, Important Information, and Ancedotal Experience

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Today is the day CT starts its first phase of re-opening. They hadn't really updated the plan until a few days ago and I started to look closer at it last night.

We have a pretty decent data portal which also outlines the plan here:

Essentially almost nothing is allowed to re-open yet and most of what is re-opening has a set of strict "sector rules". These rules usually involve outdoor only and/or maximum of 50% capacity with spacing requirements. There also doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason as to what is and what is not allowed to re-open and phase 2 doesn't begin until June 20th. For instance malls are allowed to re-open but hair salons are not. Retail stores are allowed to re-open but gyms are not. And it's an entire month for the first phase...

You'll also notice an interactive bar graph with confirmed cases and coronavirus related death counts. CT has the third highest per capita death rate in the country behind only NY and NJ and our death rate is heavily skewed to the 60+ range with the vast majority of deaths being 80+... just like everywhere else on earth. But we are waiting an entire month in between phases for... who knows why.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Today is the day CT starts its first phase of re-opening. They hadn't really updated the plan until a few days ago and I started to look closer at it last night.

We have a pretty decent data portal which also outlines the plan here:

Essentially almost nothing is allowed to re-open yet and most of what is re-opening has a set of strict "sector rules". These rules usually involve outdoor only and/or maximum of 50% capacity with spacing requirements. There also doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason as to what is and what is not allowed to re-open and phase 2 doesn't begin until June 20th. For instance malls are allowed to re-open but hair salons are not. Retail stores are allowed to re-open but gyms are not. And it's an entire month for the first phase...

You'll also notice an interactive bar graph with confirmed cases and coronavirus related death counts. CT has the third highest per capita death rate in the country behind only NY and NJ and our death rate is heavily skewed to the 60+ range with the vast majority of deaths being 80+... just like everywhere else on earth. But we are waiting an entire month in between phases for... who knows why.

The nursing home stats in PA are nuts. One place had over 358 resident cases and 76 resident deaths:

BRIGHTON REHAB AND WELLNESS CENTER
BEAVER County
358 Resident cases
25 employee cases
76 deaths

Everytime I think about how poorly designed hospitals and group assisting living are for infectious disease, I get rustled.

Last edited:

Khane

If gyms aren't safe nothing that has crowds of people indoors are safe. Ya know... like malls and retail stores.

Also, not every gym is an LA Fitness flesh herd.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Why's that?

People touch more of the same stuff in a grocery store without wiping it down themselves than they do in a gym. Does COVID-19 spread via sweat?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Why's that?

People touch more of the same stuff in a grocery store without wiping it down themselves than they do in a gym. Does COVID-19 spread via sweat?
Kids are in stores. Kids aren't in gyms. Kids are disgusting disease vectors.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Kids are in stores. Kids aren't in gyms. Kids are disgusting disease vectors.
Kids shouldn't be in stores either outside of people that can't have someone watch their kids. But that's just me. See plenty of families shopping right now. People in gyms are disgusting.

• 1Dislike
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

People everywhere are disgusting noodle. You're kidding yourself if you think a gym is somehow inherently more gross than a mall or a Target. In fact, gyms tend to use way more disinfectant than retail stores do.

The opening plans and phases across states really don't make much sense if you dig into them with any logic or reason.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
One of the best things to come from this was me upgrading the home gym. No need for ear pods or giving a shit about my noise level or re-racking.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
What does a hollywood home gym look like?
Kinda ghetto actually. I'm on a hill house so I had this huge empty "basement/crawl space" at the lowest level that I basically just turned into a treated concrete storage room that has turned into my gym. I can't do jump squats or burpees because I hit the support beams but I can carefully manage a clean and press (carefully). Its cold and dark and I am waging a constant battle against brown widows. But I can blast Pennywise and hose the entire place down at the end so I got that going for me which is nice.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
I work with gentlemen that would fall into the obese category. He continually complains how no one is following the social distancing rules in the stores and arent taking his health seriously. He harasses any employee he sees at these stores doe not enforcing the rules.

Today I had enough of hearing and I told him no one is taking his health seriously because its obvious that he doesn't. I laid out that he eats fast food for breakfast and lunch, drinks 60oz of Mt dew at work, and takes a smoke break every hour.

Its laughable that he wants others to tip toe around him when he knows he's high risk and hasn't done anything to change his lifestyle. I told him he's being selfish by expecting everyone to change their daily lives so that he doesn't have to.
I dont think he cared for that because he took a half day off at lunch.

• 6Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People everywhere are disgusting noodle. You're kidding yourself if you think a gym is somehow inherently more gross than a mall or a Target. In fact, gyms tend to use way more disinfectant than retail stores do.

The opening plans and phases across states really don't make much sense if you dig into them with any logic or reason.

Politics; money, power, ego. There are your reasons. Yeah, this shit is stupid and has crippled us for a while.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
75 year old mother-in-law who was already on oxygen taken to ER with trouble breathing. Because no one is allowed to accompany patients the family is stuck with only the information a stroke-victim is able to relate via telephone. Was stabilized but they found other cardio issues and is thus staying... apparently?

This has to be terrifying for her, it's maddening for the family as she barely knows what's going on in a regular situation and doesn't communicate so well anymore even on a good day.

We live in a world where I get immediate updates as to the mapped location of my order of socks yet can't access information about a sick loved one? They should give out tracking numbers when people are admitted so the family can at least get updates and alerts as to what the fuck is going on.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Khane

EHR (electronic healthcare records) data trading in the USA is about 30 years behind the curve. It's why legislation like "meaningful use" had to be passed so patients could actually get access to their own goddamn health records. Doctors are fucking terrible about adjusting to the times.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Load of HIPAA problems with this, I imagine.

It's not a HIPAA issue, it's an issue with the state of EHR in the United States. It's absolutely abysmal. Try getting your own health records from your PCP. You'll probably be given a book of physical printouts and charged for every page over 10.