Coronavirus Updates, Important Information, and Ancedotal Experience

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I love CA but this state can be retarded sometimes. I knew Newsom would be a big pussy about this whole thing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
People need to make sacrifices for my safety. They should limit what time of day they commute to work so it doesn't conflict with mine this potentially increasing the risk of accident. People shouldnt be able to drive large vehicles because if they hit my green friendly smart car it could kill me.

Etc etc

• 3Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure what to make of the argument "Big danger of second wave". I guess let's all just hide it out in our houses till a vaccine shows up, which is unlikely to tackle every strain. Makes a lot of sense...

We're going to see the evidence quite soon.

If the second wave threat is real (and ominous), then we'll see states like Georgia in a world of hurt in a few weeks.

If it's not, then states like California are being extra cautious for no good (imminent) reason.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I love CA but this state can be retarded sometimes. I knew Newsom would be a big pussy about this whole thing.
It's a bummer. I had always dreamed of living in CA for a small period of my life until I realized how, different, things are/had gotten there. Hopefully CA can pull it's shit together.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's a bummer. I had always dreamed of living in CA for a small period of my life until I realized how, different, things are/had gotten there. Hopefully CA can pull it's shit together.
I was stationed there a long, long, long time ago. San Diego and the surrounding area was touched by God. Heaven on Earth. Then the Liberals took over. Its why we can't have nice things.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I've been here (LA) for almost 15 years but it's probably time to go soon. Not cause I'm outright buttmad about any political items in particular but the A++++ weather just can't justify the costs / aggravations anymore now that we're about to have a kid.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
1588107178253.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been here (LA) for almost 15 years but it's probably time to go soon. Not cause I'm outright buttmad about any political items in particular but the A++++ weather just can't justify the costs / aggravations anymore now that we're about to have a kid.

I lasted 6 years in So Cal. Weather was the best in the country. But, the prices of everything, the traffic, the taxes, and the politics were just unbearable. I do enjoy visiting a couple of times per year, but we keep it to San Diego and San Clemente / Laguna. No chance in hell I'd live there again as it is and as it's continuing to trend.

• 2Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
One of my coworkers got tested for anitbodies and supposedly came back positive (I'm generally dubious of anything he says, he lies through his teeth) but one of my customers also came in and told me they got tested today as well. If true it's pretty damn likely the whole group of us at our few stores had this shit in January/February when we all got sick to various degrees.

So yeah. I'm even less concerned than the almost non existent concern I had before. If it was going to kill anyone it was him (to be fair he did get pretty sick a few months ago, but only missed like 2 days work). He's crazy overweight, has asthma, and likely multiple other things.

/shrug

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FDA rolled back requirements on antibody tests, there are plenty on the market but not much data to their sensitivity or specificity, I’d be pretty dubious about the results of most of them.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Massachusetts stay at home extended to may 18th

It's just an advisory though so don't panic and load your muskets yet

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Unsurprisingly, Europe largely underreporting, where as we are slightly over reporting(ie fake covid deaths) now probably (though may have underreported in feb/March where some covid deaths were probably attributed to influenza)

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
China continues to show incredibly impressive numbers relative to their population! If one were to assume anything approaching reality with regards to how long the virus has been there, coupled with their urban population density, the true worldwide death tolls would probably be easily doubled . But thanks to the Chinese miracle, they’ve only contributed a mere 4k to the deaths

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
FDA rolled back requirements on antibody tests, there are plenty on the market but not much data to their sensitivity or specificity, I’d be pretty dubious about the results of most of them.
The Abbott labs serology tests that just rolled out are supposed to be near 100% accurate.

• 1Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
I was watching the BBC on PBS over lunch; they were discussing how antiscience Trump is for alluding to possible UV hemo-irradiators and methylene blue antiseptic therapies..
giphy.gif

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
The Abbott labs serology tests that just rolled out are supposed to be near 100% accurate.

Yeah, they claim a sensitivity of 100% (zero percent negatives false) and specificity of 99.5% (0.5% positives false). That's WAY better than anything else on the market.

My wife tells me they also have the most promising vaccine candidate to date, but unfortunately it's the "inactive virus" variety, which takes 2-4 years to test and produce.

Simply for curiosity is there a source on that?

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
  • 2Like

Animale

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure what to make of the argument "Big danger of second wave". I guess let's all just hide it out in our houses till a vaccine shows up, which is unlikely to tackle every strain. Makes a lot of sense...
Need time to build up testing and contact tracing infrastructure to prevent rapid spread once things are opened. Since the feds have been slow on that the states are scrambling. Mass isolation is since we don’t know who has it so need to use a blunt instrument. The better way is coming, but the problem is massive due to our initial slow response.

• 1Picard
  • 1Potato