Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey

Genre: Documentary

First aired: 2014-03-09

Creator: Ann Druyan, Steven Soter

Cast: Neil deGrasse Tyson

Overview: Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey invents new modes of scientific storytelling to reveal the grandeur of the universe and re-invent celebrated elements of the original series, including the Cosmic Calendar and the Ship of the Imagination. Uniting scepticism and wonder, and weaving rigorous science with visual, emotional and spiritual elements, it is a transcendent experience – a vision of the cosmos on the grandest scale we know.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, this is needed since all the advancements in astronomy and the like in the past 20 yrs.

spronk

FPS noob
pretty cool of seth mcfarlane to work hard to get this on air

and if you don't already watch it, The Universe and Through the Wormhole are decent enough too, and many of the Nova's. Walter from Fringe also did a show called Dark Matters which was more "weird science" but cool.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Finally Seth Mcfarlane is contributing something to television which is ripping off the simpsons and futurama!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Sagan was an idol to me growing up and I watched Cosmos ntil my tapes of it broke. When I saw last week they were redoing this I was super excited. And there is no one better for the job then Tyson.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
Concur. Tyson is no Sagan, but he's probably the best science celebrity for the job and it's a job worth doing.

Wasn't Nova spawned by Cosmos?
Yeah I agree, he is no Sagan, but I could not think of a better person to host a sequel to the Cosmos; Tyson would be my very first choice. Plus it is nice knowing that the new series will be hosted by someone that Sagan himself was legitimately impressed by. Back when Sagan was a professor at Cornell he personally reached out to Tyson in an attempt to get him to come and do his undergrad at Cornell. That sir, is pretty fucking rad.

St_BB_sl

shitlord
Neil deGrase Tyson is perfect for this. He's actually interesting to listen to and has a good sense of humor for the non science geek folks. Heck I'd rather listen to him than Morgan Freeman on "Through The Wormhole" that guy is like Audio Xanax

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Sagan was one of a kind but I think NDT is just as inspiring in his own way. His "most astounding fact" quote is almost as moving as the pale blue dot.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sagan was one of a kind but I think NDT is just as inspiring in his own way. His "most astounding fact" quote is almost as moving as the pale blue dot.
I hadn't heard that quote - pretty good. He took Sagan's "we are all made of star-stuff" and expounded on it.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
I can't wait for this. I can listen to Degrasse Tyson talk about damn near anything and make it sound exciting.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, my complaints about Tyson aren't even about Tyson himself. I find no fault with the man besides for maybe Pluto Files were a little bit over the top -- but even then that's just it was over the top for ME. That shit was just exactly right to be shown on PBS or in a classroom. My complaints with Tyson are only his cult of personality. That's something that he has no control over and doesn't abuse.

In that respect Sagan was lucky that he was invented before the internet was. Sagan's cult of personality would have been absurd. It's still very strong, and he did it with BOOKS. And he's been dead for 17 years!

Tyson will be top notch.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database