Counterpart

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Wishful thought - What they need to do is have the season finale end with them discovering another "tear" somewhere, and have it split between 2 worlds again.

First split was universe A And B, this other split would be B and C and you can continue on. Having one of the worlds have another offshoot maybe even this whole time or something would be neat.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Good call. Parademons come pouring out of the new tear and the two current worlds have to team up to repel the demon invasion. Slow reveal to find out that the show was funded by valve and is really the extended teaser for the long awaited release of Half Life 3.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Would have liked to have seen what they had planned for another season...but "Mira's Revenge" at the end was pretty cliche.

spronk

FPS noob
Yeah, I wouldn't have minded another season but then again this season was so cliche and pointless most of the time I'm not sure I would have cared at all. It takes bits and pieces from other shows but all of them - Fringe, 12 Monkeys, Stargate, Americans, Homeland, 24 - do it better, the only thing this tried to add was a layer of romance drama and most of that was just awful.

Man it musta sucked to be one of the scientists who worked on the flu 2.0, like you get this crazy new disease which kills millions and then you say "ok i'll work next on a way to spread it around an entire planet quickly and efficiently" and Mira just says "nah dog, you ever see the movie 12 Monkeys? We'll do basically that, but also a backup single spreader". Crazy cold bitch though, gonna infect her others kids like it ain't no thing.

one minor thing I read, its possible the two Howard's switched at the end which i guess is supposed to be cool but just seems... stupid.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Yeah, echo all of the above.

Not a bad season , but just average. Series was worth a one view session.

Malakriss

I feel like this season was Mira going "I have an army" in a Loki voice and Emily going "We have a Howard" but then her army was 10 kids being babysat by a British guy who liked to watch his copy fuck the local whores.

Aside from the actual moles inside the office she had jack shit yet could pull off headliner movie villain operations while the actual intelligence wings of an organization dealing with parallel universes employed stormtroopers. Hell, Pope was more believable as a mastermind and he got done in by beta Howard.

Merrith

We'll do basically that, but also a backup single spreader".

Actually don't think he was a "backup" spreader. You figure they were sending everyone else away to major population centers, he was their designated one to remain right there.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man I'm slow. I just finally realized that Quayle is Viserys Targaryen.

MV5BOWUyZWFiODUtMzYyNi00NGE5LWFkMjYtZGI5YjgwNTRhMmM5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjk3NTUyOTc@._V1_.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
Starz COO Jeffrey Hirsch addressed the cancellation at the TCA summer press tour and admitted that the show’s audience was “too male” to fit into its new female-focused strategy.

Counterpart was a great show, we had great partners in MRC and Justin is a great writer, but it was a very complicated show, a very male show. We had picked that show up and made a two season commitment before we’d honed in on this premium female strategy,” he said.

“When you look at bringing shows back, it really has to serve that core premium female audience and if it doesn’t we have to find something else,” Hirsch added. “If it doesn’t serve our core strategy, we’re just not going to do it.”

lol starz, the network that brought you Spartacus and Black Sails, is now pursuing a premium female strategy

1d54ef415ccadc9b0ee5eaabe6060d50.png

• 2WTF
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is even better because the show had tons of female characters in it. The main antagonist and one of the main protagonists... all women. Multiple side characters, all women.

Nah, god damn white males.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Every female on this show was a stone cold killer and came to the aid of men and saved them in multiple situations. They cancelled this over NOT ENOUGH PRO WOMEN STUFF?!!!@

I hate life.

• 1Like

Malakriss

I would rather JK Simmons not be tied down to a network with those goals.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

After reading that article, it didn't sound like they had a problem with the female to male ratio in the show, but how many women their research showed, watched the show (nelson ratings, or whatever metric maker they use). The head of the network said that their target demographic is women (probably under 50), network wide, and this show was too complex for the women they wish to court.

He basically called women simple.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yes. Complex spy novels and television are definitely shit that women just go crazy for.

God damn. They pay people to analyze that?

• 1Worf

gak

<Gold Donor>
Every guy on the show was getting cucked and it's still "not female friendly enough..."

And they wonder why guys have hobbies rather than watch this trash.

Last week we only made it 10 minutes into the new "pennyworth" show about 1960's london because boom right off the bat- here's your tranny and diversity.
p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
this is like the time syfy decided it didn't want to do Science Fiction anymore and dropped BSG to focus on Wrestling and Ghost Hunters

the funny thing is Starz is pretty much the last indie cable network, its owned by Lionsgate but they aren't owned by Warner (HBO) or Disney or anything