Counterpart

velk

Trakanon Raider
That's how I originally saw it too, but weren't those two women the ones Aldrich was protecting? So had to be after he was removed from the picture.

He was talking about the guy that got shanked in the basement prison - it was the spy that she gave up to lower suspicion earlier in the episode.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He was talking about the guy that got shanked in the basement prison - it was the spy that she gave up to lower suspicion earlier in the episode.

Thought we were talking about her having the time to personally run murder shit, like the two chicks in the woods. The guy that got shanked she could have just made a call/left a message somewhere.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Thought we were talking about her having the time to personally run murder shit, like the two chicks in the woods. The guy that got shanked she could have just made a call/left a message somewhere.

Yeah, I meant the two in the woods.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

The writers seem to be portraying the conspiracy as a rogue group making use of traitors on both sides, but they are also showing that not all of the points of divergence are natural and some were manufactured. Each side right after the split would have the same managements and intelligence agencies but for intelligence gathering purposes your best info about how to compromise the other side is your own people which doubles as a strength and a weakness.

The key point from this episode is the Pope recording which does more than change Claire's allegiance it shows that even during the flu epidemic the "extra element" rogue group was already making tactical decisions for the long term. That's rather odd since they were supposed to be something that formed in response to the outbreak because they were unhappy with their side's response to it.

My guess is that instead of playing the traditional one layer of cat and mouse spy game the other side went first and orchestrated a flu epidemic to use it as cover to switch out players on their side at the same time as a second unofficial network was being built. Now we have the current Indigo situation which seems to be killing off and forcing replacement on our side without dealing any significant damage, which is oddly helpful at the macro level since it can render the other side's intel and first layer ineffective. Therefore, Indigo is likely done by our side against our own side the same as the flu for theirs. If the Emily on our side knew about Indigo and Shadow being a woman there's no way management doesn't know, in fact that's why they're cleaning house to leave no witnesses.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So. Is it gay to to be fuckbuddy's with your alternate reality clone of yourself or is it masturbation?

• 2Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Best show around at the moment, I hope it's 3 seasons at most. I would hate this show slowly turning into shit.

Merrith

Best show around at the moment, I hope it's 3 seasons at most. I would hate this show slowly turning into shit.

3 seasons at most? I mean don't get me wrong, the character backstory stuff and slow burn are still interesting to me...but we still haven't even gotten any REALLY big reveals on either side yet. Only potential reason for divergence on both sides (flu epidemic) and some rogue groups operating. I'm hoping we finally get some hard facts on Management/etc by the end of this season, and building off that for the next 2 seasons at least.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This show is getting super convoluted. The door is closed hardcore but they are getting messages through somehow...

spronk

FPS noob
Watched all of the new season, its not bad. I still don't think its a great TV show, just has the potential but so far its just a whole lot of setup and intrigue without a ton of payoff or advancement.

I like the Cromwell character, he plays a very video game-y evil scientist who cares more about the science of what he's doing rather than what people do with it.

I don't give two shits at all about Howard's wife and her lost memories and everything about her Forrest Gump'ing her way through a two-world spy entanglement. The season is a bit weaker for spending so much time with her and so much less with Dan Quayle and Howard. altQuayle is pretty awesome though, wish we had more Prison time with him.

At the start of the show I thought the big reveal at one of the end of the seasons would be that there is a THIRD universe which is fucking with the other two, ala Fringe, but I think now the reveal at the end of this season is gonna be that there is another doorway. I still feel the two worlds scifi aspect of this show is woefully underutilized and more used as a tool to explore what the writers really want to explore, which is what are all the things that make you, you, and how tiny changes can have huge ripples. I just don't think its all that interesting so far though.

Also who the fuck is Mira, that strange lady who was exploring the prison above and looks like she is a master terrorist. I thought it was the assassin chick with the scar but nope, its another person i guess. The show has a huge cast and its becoming a bit unwieldy to remember everything.

Merrith

I don't give two shits at all about Howard's wife and her lost memories and everything about her Forrest Gump'ing her way through a two-world spy entanglement. The season is a bit weaker for spending so much time with her and so much less with Dan Quayle and Howard. altQuayle is pretty awesome though, wish we had more Prison time with him.

At the start of the show I thought the big reveal at one of the end of the seasons would be that there is a THIRD universe which is fucking with the other two, ala Fringe, but I think now the reveal at the end of this season is gonna be that there is another doorway. I still feel the two worlds scifi aspect of this show is woefully underutilized and more used as a tool to explore what the writers really want to explore, which is what are all the things that make you, you, and how tiny changes can have huge ripples. I just don't think its all that interesting so far though.

I mostly agree with everything in here other than I find it very interesting still, but I agree it's weaker for focusing so much on Howard's wife on both sides. While some of the stuff with "our" Howard in the prison are cool, the interactions between him and Howard Prime along with Quayle were some of the best parts of S1.

• 1Like

Malakriss

So more examples that each side is using Others to become agents on the opposite side, Indigo is protecting Quayle the same as the initial attack deliberately didn't harm certain people, plus some original split info rolling into next week.

I don't expect them to go a weird sci-fi route in regards to children born to parents on opposite sides but they are hinting at it.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
This season is over already?!? I must have one more episode to watch then. A ton of new developments better happen in that one episode because nothing has happened in any of the rest this season.

Malakriss

This season is over already?!? I must have one more episode to watch then. A ton of new developments better happen in that one episode because nothing has happened in any of the rest this season.
? We're at episode 5, only halfway through the season.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Am I the only one that thinks "We knew each other when we were 8 so we should bang" was fucking stupid?

Noah

Molten Core Raider
how many seasons before they have to step up with the big reveal that they redid the experiement and there are more other worlds?
I think this series peaked with s1

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Am I the only one that thinks "We knew each other when we were 8 so we should bang" was fucking stupid?

Nope, I'm with you. I was debating posting about it, because I thought surely I wasn't paying attention, surely I had missed something. These two must have had more interaction than "you used to wear braces; you used to like chocolate" to be having this kind of unrequited love sexual tension.

Was it really so important to show her being unfaithful at the same time as Quayle finally manning-up and making the ultimate sacrifice for his family that they had to pull out this "classmate from middle school" crap?

Less of that nonsense, more of bad-Howard pretending to be good-Howard. That shit was funny.

• 1Solidarity