Cowboy Bebop

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Was hoping the walkout of the blue hair types at Netflix would spare us from them ruining more beloved franchises (poor He-Man!), but does not appear that way. I'll give it a shot in case it's so bad it's good.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I've seen Cowboy Bebop probably 100 times and just cannot figure out the tone of that trailer and what this is supposed to be. Maybe it'll be fine and they put that together with a bland test / focus group. Very strange.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
this rotund faye rolling around on the ground...

was this so hard to find?
0wgln6oa4vj71.jpg

john cho also horrible, has like zero charisma

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I saw Cowboy Bepop like 20 years ago, I like it but I don’t consider myself a huge fan. I barely remember anything about it except for some characters and a few moments here and there.

Nothing impressed me so far in what I saw, this last trailer though makes me think it might be an interesting sci-if show, not necessarily a good Cowboy Bebop adaption but good sci-fi show. I’ll give it a shot since I love sci-fi.

Fadaar

That guy
ya know i have to at least see Pierrot Le Fou in live action just to see how far up the crazy dial they take it

also wtf @ the name thing? are they implying his name was something else prior to his split from the syndicate? or just the last name?

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
OK, the new trailer is way better. Also looks like a lot of reused original show scenes, so that's good. hopefully they don't inject too much woke crap.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I saw Cowboy Bepop like 20 years ago, I like it but I don’t consider myself a huge fan. I barely remember anything about it except for some characters and a few moments here and there.

Nothing impressed me so far in what I saw, this last trailer though makes me think it might be an interesting sci-if show, not necessarily a good Cowboy Bebop adaption but good sci-fi show. I’ll give it a shot since I love sci-fi.
It's all about Ein.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
They should win an award of some kind for that trailer; every line delivered was devoid of any presence or charisma, just flat line reading. That said, it was cool seeing the Bebop in CG.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
ya know i have to at least see Pierrot Le Fou in live action just to see how far up the crazy dial they take it

also wtf @ the name thing? are they implying his name was something else prior to his split from the syndicate? or just the last name?
Yeah... "I go by Spike Spiegel".. The actual fuck?!?! It's the same Han Solo name bullshit.
Ana (Anastasia) in the anime
images.jpeg

Lol

And oh boy, they are going to recreate Seasion 5, even the church encounter. That episode, that scene is like the highest pinnacle of the show and they are going to make a watered down cheap version *vomit *

• 1Salty

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
John Cho has ZERO charisma, style and personality, imagine him trying to act like a cool, calm character as Spike.
He looks always tired and wanting to get out of there and get some sleep.

This shit looks like CW gave their budget, acting skills and direction.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Looks bad, but I’m still happy they tried. I felt like Bebop had a darker tone with lots of lighter moments. This looks lighter tone with occasional dark moments and that won’t feel right- if that makes any sense ?

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This show will probably be aimed at people like me who know literally nothing about Cowboy Behop and will find this entertaining.

• 1Solidarity

Fadaar

That guy
This show will probably be aimed at people like me who know literally nothing about Cowboy Behop and will find this entertaining.

After it's done airing do yourself a favor and watch the anime. It's one of the few times the dub is universally recommended too.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Eh, kind of the same reaction as the other trailer - didn't love it, didn't entirely hate it.

Faye is the only casting choice so far that I absolutely hate. And not just because her body type is 100% off, but she doesn't capture the mannerisms of Faye at all. Cho had some "moments" of Spike, even if they weren't particularly strong.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah just started watching the anime too, i have the torrents but its nice its on Netflix now with dub and sub. Lot of people recommend the english VA, I've watched the first 3 episodes in japanese but will switch to English i think. weird show, not at all what I expected.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
yeah just started watching the anime too, i have the torrents but its nice its on Netflix now with dub and sub. Lot of people recommend the english VA, I've watched the first 3 episodes in japanese but will switch to English i think. weird show, not at all what I expected.

Cowboy Bebop is one of the rare examples of voice over being so good it's on par if not better than the Jap voices. If you decide to go with English in this case you are still getting just as good of an experience.

• 4Like