Cowboy Bebop

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When asked about concerns related to fan backlash, Netflix’s spokesperson replied with “Just like the genre the show is named for, sometimes it’s better to do what’s unexpected, what’s never been done before.
Yeah but it still has to be good, if it's complete shit then why'd you even bother.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Some Douchebag exec from the article said:
“…and honestly, a reboot that precisely mimics the source material is boring. We’ve already seen that story.”

Well, now we know for absolute sure this will be garbage.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
“Nothing in the story says Ein has to be a Corgi,” a spokesperson for the netflix project explained. “…and honestly, a reboot that precisely mimics the source material is boring. We’ve already seen that story.”

When asked about concerns related to fan backlash, Netflix’s spokesperson replied with “Just like the genre the show is named for, sometimes it’s better to do what’s unexpected, what’s never been done before. (sic) This is the ethos of Bebop, and we’re being true to that. We’re confident true fans of the show will embrace this choice.”

It's shit like this... they aren't plowing through brave new frontiers here. People became infatuated with the source material because of the characters. THOSE characters, not some half brain dead writer who thinks they know better than anyone else. Precisely mimicing source material is boring? Someone tell Peter Jackson that before he goes and fucks up the Lord of the Rings Trilogy by staying true to the source material. Oh wait, he didn't think he was better than Tolkien and decided to make 3? 5? blockbusters. Sure, he might have trimmed some fat here and there, but he didn't make Frodo a fucking Dwarf because Hobbits were boring.

Zzzz, anyways. This will probably be a dumpster fire because not only can people nowadays not come up with interesting new content, they have to take old content with a solid cult foundation and millennial it up with their crazy new ideas like not making Ein a Welsh Corgi for no other reason than "because we can." If I wanted to watch some shitty Husky I'd watch Iron Will or fucking Balto.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It’s just some smug faggot cocksucker who has no respect for the source material and wants to leave his mark on something because he is too much of a talentless hack fuck to write something of his own that anyone is interested in.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Cybsled

I wonder if the real reason is they couldn't find a sufficiently trained Corgi in Hollywood. If they remain true to the show in respect to Ein's character, then the dog is going to have to do lots of complex tricks. I'd rather they find a smart dog vs. do some CGI Corgi shit lol

As for the actress playing Faye, the image in the article isn't the best. If you google around, you can see her fitting Faye a bit more

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I wonder if the real reason is they couldn't find a sufficiently trained Corgi in Hollywood. If they remain true to the show in respect to Ein's character, then the dog is going to have to do lots of complex tricks. I'd rather they find a smart dog vs. do some CGI Corgi shit lol

As for the actress playing Faye, the image in the article isn't the best. If you google around, you can see her fitting Faye a bit more

View attachment 202327

It isn’t about the dog, if that was all they changed I am sure most would look past it easily enough. It’s the comment where they admit to wiping their ass with the source material so every change isn’t for some necessary alteration like you are suggesting it’s changed because they are Hollywood Jews and the only thing they care about is that paycheck even if this turns into 20% rating dogshit because it pisses on the thing they loved enough to support them making it live action in the first fucking place.

• 1Like

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>

View attachment 202327
Bentley from Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

• 2Like

Cybsled

Touché, although if that dog is in the UK it might not be available. There is no rabies on the island and they have draconian dog quarantine rules for dogs coming into the country, ie your dog goes to dog prison for over a month.

• 1Solidarity

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Nope.

All you guys that still considering giving this a chance are kinda pathetic.

It won't be better than the original.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord

View attachment 202327
Corgis are one of the smartest and most trainable breeds, just under the top 10. If they couldn't find a well trained corgi, it's because they didn't look.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Fedor

<Banned>
spike is black

Japanese actor Koichi Yamadera's impersonation of Louis Armstrong in which he sings "What a Wonderful World" on the Japanese show Monomane Battle

His nickname is Yama-chan (山ちゃん).[1] As a radio personality, he is known as Bazooka Yamadera (バズーカ山寺 Bazūka Yamadera)[1] among other things. He is best known for his roles in Ninja Scroll (as Jūbei Kibagami), Cowboy Bebop (as Spike Spiegel), Dragon Ball Super (as Beerus), Ghost in the Shell (as Togusa), Neon Genesis Evangelion (as Ryoji Kaji), Anpanman (as Cheese), Ranma ½ (as Ryōga Hibiki/P-chan and the Jusenkyō Guide) and the current voice of Koichi Zenigata (Lupin III).[3] He's also known for voicing Jim Carrey and Eddie Murphy in the Japanese language releases of their respective films,[4] as well as being the official dubbed voice of Donald Duck in Japanese.

eddiemurphyracerow.jpg

• 2Worf

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
You'd think after Disney let a guy who didn't like Star Wars direct the film that ruined the franchise by fucking over the original characters teh fans loved, Netflix would not go down the same path. Someone needs to create an Alt-Right Hollywood that wants to make boat loads of money by not ruining childhoods. This is an another example of Shitlibs annoying hipster attitude that the source material wasn't that great to begin with. Fucking World War Zers.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
You'd think after Disney let a guy who didn't like Star Wars direct the film that ruined the franchise by fucking over the original characters teh fans loved, Netflix would not go down the same path. Someone needs to create an Alt-Right Hollywood that wants to make boat loads of money by not ruining childhoods. This is an another example of Shitlibs annoying hipster attitude that the source material wasn't that great to begin with. Fucking World War Zers.

Well, maybe, but I'm gonna at least wait until they put out an episode to form an opinion on quality.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
The exec's pulling the "we're going to change shit because we've seen this story before".

OK, FINE. If you want to tell a different story then TELL A DIFFERENT STORY. Don't take a franchise people love , then gut it and wrap it like a pooly fitting human flesh suit around some crap story you wanted to make but knew that people wouldn't buy into unless it had characters they already had some level of fandom and emotional investment in. Learn this ONE F*ING LESSON.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity