Cowboy Bebop

Fadaar

That guy
Jet about the only one I like the look. Also Ein. I always assumed Jet was supposed to be a black dude anyway but it's hard to do properly in anime.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I hate ezra miller but he world have been perfect for spike. I hate vouching for that guy, and jet comming off black?

Last edited:

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
13079-n6sUfxAL97pEg6g387DLPCGq6Rv.jpg

Title: Cowboy Bebop

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Action & Adventure, Crime

Cast: John Cho, Mustafa Shakir, Daniella Pineda, Alex Hassell, Elena Satine

First aired: 2021-11-19

Overview: A ragtag crew of bounty hunters chases down the galaxy's most dangerous criminals. They'll save the world... for the right price.

Cybsled

Jet's skin is pretty light colored in the anime, but his English VA is the main reason people always associated Jet with being black. Also like Fadaar noted, a lot of anime productions tended to lighten up a lot of characters. It still happens. There was that commercial with an anime Naomi Osaka that did that within the past year that ended up getting pulled because people complained.

The English dub for Bebop was so damned good, I think the biggest shock for people isn't going to be how the characters look, but how they sound. The promo shots look as good as could be expected for a live action adaptation.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why is the actress playing faye getting the most hate ... Not on FoH other websites

Cybsled

Why is the actress playing faye getting the most hate ... Not on FoH other websites

Probably because most of them can't understand that directly translating her anime look 100% into live action would look pretty silly.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
If Yoko is on board this actually has a shot.

Still one of the greatest OSTs of all-time.
I didn't know her by name, but a quick google search shows me she worked on a lot of shows I liked.
Cowboy Bebop + movie, RahXephon, GitS:SAC, Wolf's Rain, and a few Gundam's. Neat.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I dont know if I can deal with Spike and Faye here. Jet works, after I got over my initial huh

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Yeah it feels like a massive hill for them to climb simply because the characters are going to sound completely different from the English dub.

That alone is going to make the costumes and sets feel off, like a high-school production version of the show.

I guess for people who never watched the original it might work.

Also, The anime was very stylish with impossible to replicate movements and action. So live action can't help but look sluggish by comparison.

They might have done better simply going for a completely new look for everyone since everything else about the show is going to be off / different.

• 2Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Jet's skin is pretty light colored in the anime, but his English VA is the main reason people always associated Jet with being black. Also like Fadaar noted, a lot of anime productions tended to lighten up a lot of characters. It still happens. There was that commercial with an anime Naomi Osaka that did that within the past year that ended up getting pulled because people complained.

The English dub for Bebop was so damned good, I think the biggest shock for people isn't going to be how the characters look, but how they sound. The promo shots look as good as could be expected for a live action adaptation.

Cowboy Bebop had plenty of actual black characters in it, portrayed accurately.

There's no excuse other than the flimsy voice actor one.

• 1Like

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Fuck dubs, Jet was a grizzled old Japanese cop with a beard implant.

• 1Like