Cowboy Bebop

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Cho needs bigger hair and Faye has laughably tiny tits. They should've at least given her some fakes. She's one of those chicks that is kinda chubby, yet has zero tits - one of God's cruelest jokes. Jet looks decent enough. Even though they went slightly "woke", Jet's race was ambiguous enough that I'll allow it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
Cho needs bigger hair and Faye has laughably tiny tits. They should've at least given her some fakes. She's one of those chicks that is kinda chubby, yet has zero tits - one of God's cruelest jokes. Jet looks decent enough. Even though they went slightly "woke", Jet's race was ambiguous enough that I'll allow it.

As mentioned it's the dub that makes us all sorta subconsciously think of Jet as a black guy anyway (as the VA was) despite his skin color in the show, which is why nobody is complaining about it. His race was never a factor in any form or fashion in the show so whatever. Faye however I think people are getting pissy because the actress is Mexican rather than Asian. Not here because lets be honest, her anime outfit was never gonna happen nor were they ever gonna get someone with a rockin' enough set of tits (that can also act) to pull it off anyway. That character is gonna live and die solely on the line delivery and attitude... of which there's a lot usually.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
As mentioned it's the dub that makes us all sorta subconsciously think of Jet as a black guy anyway (as the VA was) despite his skin color in the show, which is why nobody is complaining about it. His race was never a factor in any form or fashion in the show so whatever. Faye however I think people are getting pissy because the actress is Mexican rather than Asian. Not here because lets be honest, her anime outfit was never gonna happen nor were they ever gonna get someone with a rockin' enough set of tits (that can also act) to pull it off anyway. That character is gonna live and die solely on the line delivery and attitude... of which there's a lot usually.
Well, they should've gone one way or the other with Faye. I realize it's tough to pull off slender AND massive tits, but if you're going to go with a chubby broad, at least make sure she has a decent rack. If she doesn't, at least go with a chick that has a thigh gap and not the legs of a lineman.

• 1Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Jet's race was never ambiguous, he is white. Just because the actor who did voice over in the English version is black, that doesn't change his skin color.
Not that I care in the live action he's black

• 2Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Faye's character is more in her build and personality, not a yellow outfit. Of course Netflix would never do an outfit like hers but nothing about that actress is going to portray the character. Jet's build and demeanor is the easiest one to match they can cast that a hundred different ways, but Cho's problem is we will always get White Castle vibes and can't imagine him doing Spike's movement and abilities. "I know fencing!" from Star Trek did not erase that.

Imagine how much they would mess up the casting for Outlaw Star if they tried that in live action.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
how the fuck did you white ppl watch the dub when wendy lee was doing faye
a9b43106d7411fcdcbdad3f02dd813c8.png

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
This is going to be awful. Already antagonizing fans that are pissed how ass the casting and costumes look.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Title sorta put me off. Is this show any good?

Which one? The live action show of the OP isn't out yet and will probably be a standard Hollywood adaptation abomination...

The Anime, on the other hand, is one of the top TV shows ever made and I couldn't recommend it enough.

• 9Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
This is going to be awful. Already antagonizing fans that are pissed how ass the casting and costumes look.

It's possible to bring Fay to life, you just have to care about the show and its characters. Her outfit can be changed but she uses her body throughout the show, if you do away with her casual sexuality then it just isn't the same character.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Live Action is pretty awful in general, regardless. Its no better in Japan, just check out most of their live action remakes of anime/manga. Bleach is lulz.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Live Action is pretty awful in general, regardless. Its no better in Japan, just check out most of their live action remakes of anime/manga. Bleach is lulz.
Initial D is another example. Although would be quite impossible to re-create the anime IRL lol

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The English Dub > the JP language one
This is true. The japenese language was garbage by comparison. I say this as someone that normally hates dubs. Also personally I never thought Faye was attractive. She had the rockin bod but her personality was always extremely off putting and I thought that was the point. This dumb hoor of an actress may be onto something.

• 2Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
What an unlikable cunt.

Seen this chic in one show, she played a New Orleans witch in The Originals. And, damned if I can think of any other way to describe her character than "cunty." I doubt she even has the ability to play a likable character. Also, has the female version of "punchable face" although that might just be her resting bitch face expression.

1630215147960.png

• 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
But its Netflix, so they had to for representation make one character black and another character "cunty" i.e. I mean appeal to LGBT.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
for anyone else who is a cowboy bebop noob like me, the entire series is on Hulu for ?free? you can also buy the entire show on amazon, etc. The anime is NOT on netflix, weirdly.

I just torrented it but its 26 episodes (full season 1), plus "Eins Summer Vacation" 1 minute movie plus a 2 hour, 2001 movie "Knockin on Heavens Door". as far as I can tell that is the entirety of anime cowboy bebop.

as soon as I finish Vikings i'll probably jump on this

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users