Cowboy Bebop

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Still questioning the main characters a little bit for various reasons, but man..

They nailed some of the side characters pretty spot fucking on. Abdul, Redeye, Space Warriors and Pierre look fanfuckingtastic.

Gren on the other hand, absolutely garbage; genderfluid bullshit. Vicious, questionable. I'm not sure how I feel about what I think is brain scratch, kinda wish they went more Aum Shinrikyo than what looks like a catholic rich man.. and the girl next to him; I'm assuming is Elektra? I was bouncing between Heavy Metal Queen but someone pointed out Elektra, which means Vincent.. which is kinda exciting.

It seems like they have Spikes movement down, but am questioning it being able to translate into live action because the lack of frame rate control; usually looks really bad/janky in live action when attempted.

Set design looks like it will be pretty good too.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
I mean it won't live up to the anime but I'll watch just to see how badly they fuck it all up. Sadly when I see the cunt playing Faye I don't see any issues with her look since it's whatever, but I won't be able to look past the fact that she is a major cunt who shit on the shows fans. Dumb bitch should of just swallowed her pride like she swallowed jizz to get her role and kept her mouth shut.

• 1Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Judging by the charcters, I was not expecting that level of direct adaptation of individual episodes. If anything, that makes me less interested - the anime episodes still exist.

Especially when some of those character designs weren't all that original themselves.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So... This means they are going to do the whole series or at least much of the episodes, in live action? So nothing new?
*Yawn*
And I don't see Ed.

Edit: OK there is Ein. And Vicious looks boring.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I think some liberties are going to be taken. Its only 10 Episodes 1hour long according to Wikipedia. I'd be surprised if they pull a season 2 type situation on us, there is no way they have that much confidence going into this. In the OP/trailer thing they showed off Teddy Bomber and Pierre whom iirc, take place later in the season.. as well as a glimpse of the church fight.

Pretty sure it's gonna go the route of "anime accurate characteristics" but the dialog/dynamic/action will be a bit different with a few nods. Episodes like the space shrooms, swordfish engineers, and maybe mars episode about jeet kun do will get cut. I'll be surprised if they even try to put Heavy Metal Queen episode in it too. Probably too scared to typecast a bull dyke.. they already fucked up Gren.

Basically, I just think they're trying to sell us the "hey we like the anime too" part, and when they think we're fooled.. they'll pull the rug from under us and we find out Millie Bobby Brown is Ed.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I have 2 sealed special edition copies of the FUNimation Cowboy Bebop series. I feel like I should sell them for some $$.

I bet I could get a good return on ebay...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I think some liberties are going to be taken. Its only 10 Episodes 1hour long according to Wikipedia. I'd be surprised if they pull a season 2 type situation on us, there is no way they have that much confidence going into this. In the OP/trailer thing they showed off Teddy Bomber and Pierre whom iirc, take place later in the season.. as well as a glimpse of the church fight.

Pretty sure it's gonna go the route of "anime accurate characteristics" but the dialog/dynamic/action will be a bit different with a few nods. Episodes like the space shrooms, swordfish engineers, and maybe mars episode about jeet kun do will get cut. I'll be surprised if they even try to put Heavy Metal Queen episode in it too. Probably too scared to typecast a bull dyke.. they already fucked up Gren.

Basically, I just think they're trying to sell us the "hey we like the anime too" part, and when they think we're fooled.. they'll pull the rug from under us and we find out Millie Bobby Brown is Ed.
Well, 10 1 hour episodes roughly aligns with the run-time of the anime. It's just going to be jarring if they're cramming 2 "anime" episodes that don't really connect into each. Only really works for Jupiter Jazz and The Real Folk Blues.

I fully expected this to be utter dogshit, but I'm sliiiightly hopeful with Yoko on-board(music can make up for a LOT and was a huge part of what made the anime great). However, I REALLY don't want a direct retelling of the anime. I mean..cool, I'm glad they're trying to be "faithful" to the anime, but I'm not going to last long if it's literally just.."It's like the anime, but with humans!!".

• 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Well, 10 1 hour episodes roughly aligns with the run-time of the anime. It's just going to be jarring if they're cramming 2 "anime" episodes that don't really connect into each. Only really works for Jupiter Jazz and The Real Folk Blues.

I fully expected this to be utter dogshit, but I'm sliiiightly hopeful with Yoko on-board(music can make up for a LOT and was a huge part of what made the anime great). However, I REALLY don't want a direct retelling of the anime. I mean..cool, I'm glad they're trying to be "faithful" to the anime, but I'm not going to last long if it's literally just.."It's like the anime, but with humans!!".
Yeah, moreso what I'm referring to. There is a lot of fill that would have to be done to make episodes blend together seamlessly in an hours run time.

I'm sure some of the encounters will get dragged out too.

I don't think it will be good, but I hope it's at least interesting.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Looks like it's suffering from a serious case of season 1 sci fi acting disorder + a lack of quality direction from someone who actually gives a shit.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Eh, I dunno. I think they've tried to keep it light-hearted and fun, while doing the best they can to maintain "anime" in a live-action. I didn't love it, but didn't hate it either. Also seems like this might just be specifically for a "trailer" promo and not related to the actual series.

• 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I couldn't even get past the part where fat faye valentine kicks the shit out of a 220 pound stunt man. Whatever.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I couldn't even get past the part where fat faye valentine kicks the shit out of a 220 pound stunt man. Whatever.
Like, did people even watch the anime? Of all the things to bitch about with this..rofl.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Like, did people even watch the anime? Of all the things to bitch about with this..rofl.
To be fair, I didn't like old stoner Chu flip kicking that dude, either, which also was 'straight out of the anime'. Still looked janky and stupid.

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
live action bebop was already made, it was called firefly. this looks like a show on the CW that airs after batwoman

• 6Like
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 6 users