Craig McGregor just replied on Rerolled. THIS IS GREAT

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Hello all,

This is Craig McGregor - one of the owners of MMORPG.com.

We purchased this site a few months back from the previous owners and honestly it was not represented to us very accurately. There was no mention that it was anything other than a "mmo community forum that was centered around an old EQ guild." Had I known what I know now - I never would have purchased it. Our intentions were just to get the page views in our network so that we could include rerolled.org in our banner ad campaigns.

Note however that we have zero intentions of changing the site, the NSFW areas or the moderation rules. This site will not be related to MMORPG.com in any way other than it is owned by the same company.

However, if the community flees to another domain/site then we will probably attempt to salvage the site by making it something else. Again, this would only be if traffic falls to near nothing.

I heard mention from some in here that they would have purchased the site had they known it was for sale. We would probably sell the site now at a loss if anyone is interested in that.

Thank you,

http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.php?10598-Draegan-sold-the-site-to-MMORPG-com/page28

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Stave

Potato del Grande
Can we buy the site and upgrade it to a_skeleton_03s format?

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its not great, it sucks. at least we made the right move to get out when we could.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Yeah but dude.

Draegan is going to get fucking sued.
as great as that would be i really doubt it. it's not going to be worth the legal fees involved for them to recoup a couple grand that was schemed out of them.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Nice, investigate what you are buying next time before you buy it lol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
as great as that would be i really doubt it. it's not going to be worth the legal fees involved for them to recoup a couple grand that was schemed out of them.

Mebbe.

Depends how much he actually got.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Whatever or wherever the community goes I think we're looking for some strict non-Draegan involvement in the future.

• 2Like

Stave

Potato del Grande
why would we drop a whole heap; of cash on it when we're already off the sinking ship?
To save all the previous content. What I mean is, a_skeleton_03 or whoever buys Rerolled.com, and they merge this site with that one. All the old content, the new layout, and all the members under one roof.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Buy the site, get access to the DB, port all the content here, and put in a redirect. Or vice versa, whatever.. Bottom line is this is an opportunity to hang onto all members, keep all the content, and be on a functionally improved platform. I will happily donate towards the cost of acquiring rerolled.org. Make it happen guise..

EDIT: ^ As Stave said. Let's make it happen.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
offer them a dollar and see what they counter with. could easily buy it for a song and just port all the info over here while keeping it live as a read only forum.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
That's pretty crazy. Well, I'm just holding on and seeing what happens. It would be nice if we could get it back but I do not expect anyone to purchase it unless they absolutely can and will not fuck us over in the future.

I'm even more shocked that they didn't look into what they were buying at all before purchasing it.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Truthfully, other than nostalgia, are all the forum posts worth that money? I figure the community in general is worth more than a shitload of "Fuck you! No, Fuck you!" posts. I understand the sentimentality behind it all though, but sometimes you just gotta move on.

Especially with all the work that a_skeleton_03 has gone through and everyone moving and getting acclimated to a better forum.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
This is going to work out so well in the end now, guys.

The fight was so fucking worth it.

• 2Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I wish he hadnt posted. People going to stay there and hold out in hopes of shit not going sideways.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I like the part about how everything is cool, and they have not intentions to change anything but: "Had I known what I know now - I never would have purchased it.".

My translation of that is: I just dropped by to see what all the fuzz was about and holy space balls wft is this place?! Oh I mean, we will not change anything, pinky promise, now where the fuck is the off switch to the server.

The offer of selling the old forum is intresting thou, could be worth it as an archive for old posts. Do we have a ballpark figure for what they would want for it?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users