Craig McGregor just replied on Rerolled. THIS IS GREAT

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I like the part about how everything is cool, and they have not intentions to change anything but: "Had I known what I know now - I never would have purchased it.".

My translation of that is: I just dropped by to see what all the fuzz was about and holy space balls wft is this place?! Oh I mean, we will not change anything, pinky promise, now where the fuck is the off switch to the server.

The offer of selling the old forum is intresting thou, could be worth it as an archive for old posts. Do we have a ballpark figure for what they would want for it?
I posted and PM'ed him that I would love to talk price for the domain name and database dump.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Truthfully, other than nostalgia, are all the forum posts worth that money? I figure the community in general is worth more than a shitload of "Fuck you! No, Fuck you!" posts. I understand the sentimentality behind it all though, but sometimes you just gotta move on.

Especially with all the work that a_skeleton_03 has gone through and everyone moving and getting acclimated to a better forum.

I'd mainly be saddened by all the knowledge that would be lost in the cooking thread. I visited it frequently to hone my skills.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Truthfully, other than nostalgia, are all the forum posts worth that money? I figure the community in general is worth more than a shitload of "Fuck you! No, Fuck you!" posts. I understand the sentimentality behind it all though, but sometimes you just gotta move on.

Especially with all the work that a_skeleton_03 has gone through and everyone moving and getting acclimated to a better forum.

IMHO, there's a lot of educational and entertainment value in looking back at very old posts concerning politics and world events. I frequently look back at shit posted in 2012.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I am pretty sure if he would have known if Rerolled wasn't directly tied to JunkiesNation and was it's own thing that he would have never bought it. I am pretty sure he was banking on using the forum to draw in more people and add to the clickbait revenue. I have no reason to be pissed off at Craig.

• 1Like

Stave

Potato del Grande

I agree that a_skeleton_03 should definitely captain the ship going forward. Hes got mad forum making skillz and has been around forever. I would never want to give up the work he has done. But if we could pick up the old site dirt cheap, merge it into this forum, redirect rerolled here, it would be awesome.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i dunno about these things so forgive my ignorance. do webmasters or whomever have some kind of monitor that tells them that "holy shit, traffic on one of my sites just went from high to almost nil in 2 days"?

• 1Like

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I posted and PM'ed him that I would love to talk price for the domain name and database dump.

Good. Im sure we could do a fundraiser if the price is right. It is important that we try to get control over our past if we can, at least to me :)

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'd mainly be saddened by all the knowledge that would be lost in the cooking thread. I visited it frequently to hone my skills.

Oh I get that there was some stuff that should be saved.. Especially the stuff for Ms. Gravy. Just also saying there is a lot of nonsense too. I'd rather just have threads cherry picked out to keep.

Also I have close to no sentimentality in me, so that colors my opinion.

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
i dunno about these things so forgive my ignorance. do webmasters or whomever have some kind of monitor that tells them that "holy shit, traffic on one of my sites just went from high to almost nil in 2 days"?

Oh yeah. Especially companies as big as MMORPG.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>

I would assume the post count is probably down but hits may even be up as people keep wanting to check it for updates on the drama

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
To save all the previous content. What I mean is, a_skeleton_03 or whoever buys Rerolled.com, and they merge this site with that one. All the old content, the new layout, and all the members under one roof.
Buy the site, get access to the DB, port all the content here, and put in a redirect. Or vice versa, whatever.. Bottom line is this is an opportunity to hang onto all members, keep all the content, and be on a functionally improved platform. I will happily donate towards the cost of acquiring rerolled.org. Make it happen guise..

EDIT: ^ As Stave said. Let's make it happen.

that would be an ideal situation but it's going to depend on the price tag. we can't in good conscious expect a_skeleton_03 or anyone else to put up thousands of dollars to save some old posts and a domain name that isn't all that great.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Stave

Potato del Grande
See how much it would cost to have him through Draegan in as well so we can burn his fedora wearing ass on a sacrificial RRR altar.

Edit: Shit I just realized we are RRR. Grand master dragon RRR members represent!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
that would be an ideal situation but it's going to depend on the price tag. we can't in good conscious expect a_skeleton_03 or anyone else to put up thousands of dollars to save some old posts and a domain name that isn't all that great.

Agree, Keg.

But no matter how it turns out now, its going to be near ideal, with or without the old database.

Anyone who hangs on now is just flat out being obstinate.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Owning the URL would be awesome, if only to avoid fracturing the community. I'm curious what "selling it at a loss" will actually mean, price-wise.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande

Yes, the boards have tools, then you've got things like Google Analytics, as well as simple things like bandwidth usage.

I have no reason to believe Craig is being dishonest. They basically bought the site purely on analytics and a description of what it was, and it doesn't surprise me that they didn't delve deeper for a measly 3K. Now that they've discovered that it has NSFW content, they don't want to change it since it's obvious that would cause an exodus, and since that is now already happening you get the understandable statement that the site will be turned into something else if everyone bails. Since it is obvious that it's already happening, he threw in the "buy it for a loss offer". Everything he wrote made sense in the context of business and minimizing loss for what was obviously a poorly thought out purchase on their part.

In any case, it is inevitable that no matter what, the existence of two sites will lead to something that is less than the sum of their whole. It is obvious that there are many that do not wish to move, and some that feel distressed over the whole fiasco that they're willing to call it quits. The reality is that rerolled alone barely had enough traffic/posts in its final months to sustain it due to the SJW modding, so my worry is that this break could result in two sites with insufficient amount of traffic. Clearly the best solution for success here is to get our hands on rerolled and keep as many members as possible.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Owning the URL would be awesome, if only to avoid fracturing the community. I'm curious what "selling it at a loss" will actually mean, price-wise.
yeah that's the big question here. would love to know how much they got swindled by Draegan for.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.

Well, considering how much Screenshots alone could impact the reputation (such as it is) of his network I would be suprised if he would not sell it for a song and a dance. A lot of the stuff on the old boards could cause an embarrassment for the owners thread by thread.

(And yes, I understand that all they really care about is getting hits and ad-money, but still).