Credit Score Question

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Well using credit karma my score is now 619 trans/652 equifax, usage showing 44% still for a few days, and the 619 still showing the delinquent accounts that are now off the Equifax score.

Should go up another 12 to 15 Monday from what I'm seeing with the 16th monthly update, and I have 1 inquiry coming off the 20th.

New question now since things are moving:

I'm reading I absolutely need to apply for another credit card to increase my credit history line limit etc., I know I've asked when should I apply, instead now I'm asking what specific credit card for this maneuver would someone suggest?

Honest to god 2 months of help from here and my life has gotten massively better just trying to fix my past wrongs, thank you everyone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'm reading I absolutely need to apply for another credit card to increase my credit history line limit etc., I know I've asked when should I apply, instead now I'm asking what specific credit card for this maneuver would someone suggest?

Whatever credit card will give you the best rate and line of credit. www.creditcards.com www.card.com

Also, side note, I would get your Experian score. Trans/Equifax are the "secondary" credit reporting agencies. Most places default to Experian, but will sometimes secondarily seek TransUnion. Equifax can fuck off.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Get that usage down a bit and I am sure you will see more gains. This is why we keep saying to pay that off every month.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
It's paid just waiting on that refresh.

How many inquires do some of you have showing, how much does that change your rating?

I'm told that a bunch of inquiries has some sort of negative effect. Maybe not on the credit rating itself, but it can affect how merchants/whomever interpret? Dunno.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Multiple inquiries show you are shopping around for more debt, hence the credit hit. Let those drop off and you will see an improvement. I haven't had an inquiry in years, so can't say how much it adversely affects the actual score.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Multiple inquiries show you are shopping around for more debt, hence the credit hit. Let those drop off and you will see an improvement. I haven't had an inquiry in years, so can't say how much it adversely affects the actual score.

Doesn't necessarily affect your score, however, if you have a dozen inquiries in a month, most creditors will see you're desperate for credit, and that's looked at from two perspectives - you're already in debt (which will also show in your active accounts), or your account is high risk for fraud. You shouldn't have a car loan, credit card, and mortgage application in the same month. 1-2 credit applications in a month you shouldn't see much affect on your rating, or credit response. When you hit your report 3 in a month, the potential for fraud and declines skyrockets.

Self lookups don't count towards this. Your inquiry isn't looked at as an inquiry for credit, but a status check, or "pre-check". Companies will perform prechecks to see if your rating is within their parameters before performing an actual check when you approve them to ping your credit for an actual application. Thing is, your rating doesn't tell the whole picture, so you may get a pre-check approval from a company, but they may have other declines reasons - like too many negative accounts (high utilization), too much debt-to-income, or validations tied to your address. If you live in certain areas, you can be declined simply because you live there. There are areas noted for having high fraud rates. Pretty sure I'm not at liberty to say where some of those places are, or I would. (tip: you can probably guess some of them)

• 1Like

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Tons of prepaid approvals coming via mail, all going in trash. Waiting to see what happens the 20th when one of the hard inquiries comes off.

Here is an odd question, and yes I am a moron for cosigning etc;

Back in 2012, I cosigned on a car with my then roommate, payments were missed in 2014 and 2015 so I had to steal the car and then sell it back to the dealership at a loss to pay off the remainder on the loan.

This installment loan, showing paid since i sold it, however with the showing of missed payments, is showing TWICE on my experian account.

1) Is this supposed to be a double hit or something because it was a joint loan? That's why there's 2 accounts closed but showing the same #?

2) what would be the best time to request a dispute on this, in the hopes of this somehow not being replied to in 60 days and then falling off?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Tons of prepaid approvals coming via mail, all going in trash. Waiting to see what happens the 20th when one of the hard inquiries comes off.

Here is an odd question, and yes I am a moron for cosigning etc;

Back in 2012, I cosigned on a car with my then roommate, payments were missed in 2014 and 2015 so I had to steal the car and then sell it back to the dealership at a loss to pay off the remainder on the loan.

This installment loan, showing paid since i sold it, however with the showing of missed payments, is showing TWICE on my experian account.

1) Is this supposed to be a double hit or something because it was a joint loan? That's why there's 2 accounts closed but showing the same #?

2) what would be the best time to request a dispute on this, in the hopes of this somehow not being replied to in 60 days and then falling off?

You shouldn't have more than one reporting of a single credit account. The single reporting should show all of your past payments (assuming they reported them), the two missed payments, as well as showing the account is paid in full or closed. If there are two reportings of these things on your record, you should submit a dispute for review. They will easily expunge one or the other. If the lender never responds, both could be removed -- however, that may not benefit you, since paid accounts are good, even if you have a missed payment. Unless you're saying payments were not made for the entirety of 2014/15, in which case, yowzahs.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
I'll pull the image and you tell me, be home in a second thanks for the help, I think if you're right a quick dispute will fix this.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Credit card limit just went up again second time in 3 months, jumped from 300 limit to 400 to 750.

I know that is small potatoes but man, it feels good to be moving in the right direction.

Still digging into this second report, is it possible because of the length of the loan it's shown as two accounts, or could that be an error too? I cannot find any difference in these 2 except for one has payments through 2015 the other only goes through 2014, showing wise.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Still digging into this second report, is it possible because of the length of the loan it's shown as two accounts, or could that be an error too? I cannot find any difference in these 2 except for one has payments through 2015 the other only goes through 2014, showing wise.

They might have reported separately for each year. Which is more or less fine, however it wont show as two years of continuous payments, and instead will show one year of payments for two different periods. If that makes sense. Unfortunately that's not really something that is fixable.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Screenshot_20170805-075842.jpg

Waiting on FICO to update to get expedia, just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped over the past few months!

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Fico is now 643, up from 600 at start.

Everything is great and most stuff has fallen off or been paid, the only open items are my 750$ capital one card and my car loan with 4,700$ left @ 381 per month which I plan on paying off soon.

So now I've arrived at the big issue drawing my score down, the delinquent payment history of my old roommates car that I had to steal and sell back to pay off.

I have just filed the dispute with Experian and within 45 days will have an update on if they'll remove it for the "errors" I reported.

Has anyone here had real experience with disputing things, could really use some exact points here like you all have me for how to get my credit back together.

Thanks in advance guys, I know someone out here can crack an egg of knowledge on me.

sole

Molten Core Raider
Sometimes if a creditor marks an account as stolen or replaced (you stealing and selling the car back) there will be two separate reports, but as long as the account number, date, and amount of the loan are the same, it's only dinging your credit once. Is one account marked as "replaced" or some other annotation? They should clarify all of that to you during the dispute. As far as the delinquent payment, you could try letters of goodwill, or a pay to delete. Unfortunately these tactics don't always work, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Screenshot_20170824-062013.jpg
Screenshot_20170824-061938.jpg

Honest to god, I've been visiting these forums since noows and I knew it was for a reason. Seriously thank you to everyone who helped me jump this thing 50 to 70 points in the past 5 months, I can't thank you enough I was just able to get a better home to rent and if I continue being disciplined I'll have my own home next year.

All the advice from everyone was great, I highly advise anyone who has any questions about getting their 3 scores in line to read from here.

• 1Solidarity