Credit Score Question

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Experian FICO Score showing 677, it jumped this month after I disputed the Auto Loan, it showed we had a ton of missed payments that were made on time and it went up 20+.

I thought disputing things would be 100 times harder.

Digging into that auto loan there is indeed a duplicate I have now submitted the documents for, took forever because they have to be .tiff, black and white, and all kinds of odd dimensions, if I'm lucky this second duplicate account will get removed and bump me up.

Crossing my fingers to break 700!

Ps - for anyone who is thinking of paying someone to help their credit, you can do it all in your free time yourself and just pay a few monthly 9.99 fees for viewing.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Will you freeze your credit now due to Experian? Or take the chance some scum will open that new account.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Equifax got hacked, experian still ok, and yes I froze my credit through experian and you can unfreeze it pretty easily.

Having it frozen still allows changes to occur it just doesn't let creditors run it.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Screenshot_20170919-071242.jpg

Expedia showing 677, waiting on the dispute to process and an old credit card application to fall off from the 11th.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
As soon as I hit 700, I'm thinking about applying for a second credit card because I need to start growing my credit now just have to figure out that aspect.
Screenshot_20171201-220434.jpg

Anyone have any advice on any cards that give large credit lines, not worried about the rate?

• 1Solidarity

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Should be too hard to get a 3000-5000 line with that credit score. Get an 18 month 0% APR card with cashback.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Wait til 720, little insider info. Most agencies use 720 as the break point for better rates, not 700. 680 qualifies for most anything, but real returns on interest rates happen above 720, 740 for certain types, 780, 810...700 does net any tangible benefit.

• 1Solidarity

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Also, line of credit is based on income, so if you say you make $500k, you'll get the largest line, assuming your credit is decent, though that's technically fraud and illegal. $60k income will usually approve you for $3-5k tho.

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
I make $100k give or take 10$ depending on commission so I'll list that.

It's so scary honestly because my only CC right now is a CapitalOne with a 750$ limit, you saying I could get a $3k to $5k limit really would be incredible, although I doubt I'm that lucky to be honest.

Acid, I still have a $3600 auto loan down from $17000 over a few years with 0 missed payments, should I pay that off prior to applying for a new cc?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

It's so scary honestly because my only CC right now is a CapitalOne with a 750$ limit, you saying I could get a $3k to $5k limit really would be incredible, although I doubt I'm that lucky to be honest.

Acid, I still have a $3600 auto loan down from $17000 over a few years with 0 missed payments, should I pay that off prior to applying for a new cc?

Honestly if you just apply for something on www.creditcards.com with that income you should be offered what you're looking for fairly easily. Also, if you have what sounds like 3 or 4 years of perfect payments on an autoloan, your credit score should really be higher.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
I wish it was higher! The previous auto loan mentioned in the thread from my roommate that I cosigned had multiple late payments, which is what caused me to start digging into all this in the first place.

Still debating on if I want to wait or not..

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I wish it was higher! The previous auto loan mentioned in the thread from my roommate that I cosigned had multiple late payments, which is what caused me to start digging into all this in the first place.

Still debating on if I want to wait or not..

It's possible to submit against that, but would be difficult. You can file against it with the credit agency. How you word things would be delicate, but you could potentially get that expunged from your record. Worth a shot. When you file against it, it's up to the lender to provide proof to the credit agency within 60 days, if they don't, it's removed. I was able to do that with a couple bad reports since the lenders weren't on top of providing proof. How long ago was the last reporting/payment? After seven years, that'll fall off from what affects your score, too.

• 1Solidarity

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm

I used to have a CapitalOne card. I think when you're logged into the account, there may be a spot where you can just request a credit increase. I like the Chase line of credit cards. I have an Amazon one and then the Sapphire Preferred one which is pretty nice. If you travel at all, I think it's a very good card.

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Yep got the Capital bumped up twice in the first 6 months from 300 to 750 in August, waiting on the 6 month period before I can resubmit.

I've submitted for deletion for that item but they updated it with the correct payments the friend made, don't think I'll have any wiggle room there because it says I can only dispute once and.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I used to have a CapitalOne card. I think when you're logged into the account, there may be a spot where you can just request a credit increase. I like the Chase line of credit cards. I have an Amazon one and then the Sapphire Preferred one which is pretty nice. If you travel at all, I think it's a very good card.
Good a place as any for this question I suppose, but what do you use your Chase Sapphire points for most? Every time I try and go and use them on the site, it's way cheaper to just transfer points somewhere else? That'd even with a supposed 20% discount? Seems whack.

I'm up to 82 days or something this year at Hilton hotels, and thought about changing that over to Marriott since Chase can transfer points there, but I've grown fond of Hilton hotels.

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
Good a place as any for this question I suppose, but what do you use your Chase Sapphire points for most? Every time I try and go and use them on the site, it's way cheaper to just transfer points somewhere else? That'd even with a supposed 20% discount? Seems whack.

I'm up to 82 days or something this year at Hilton hotels, and thought about changing that over to Marriott since Chase can transfer points there, but I've grown fond of Hilton hotels.

My travel is kind of weird. I don't travel a ton, but it's nice to have a stockpile of points that I can transfer to Southwest Airlines for flights or hotel stays. I usually just transfer the points to those reward groups, but on occasion, I've booked directly with points.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

https://www.flyertalk.com/