Credit Score Question

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Capital automatically bumped me to $1250 limit for not missing a payment, kinda neat. As soon as the experian score updates I'm going to make the move and seek out a $5k limit card.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Also, line of credit is based on income, so if you say you make $500k, you'll get the largest line, assuming your credit is decent, though that's technically fraud and illegal. $60k income will usually approve you for $3-5k tho.
I was making right around $40k a year pretty constantly, and my Amazon card (which I've had for around 10 years) carries $27k credit. I never upped it on my own. This was from credit companies.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I was making right around $40k a year pretty constantly, and my Amazon card (which I've had for around 10 years) carries $27k credit. I never upped it on my own. This was from credit companies.

That is some dangerous shit. Both for you and Amazon. What's the APR?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
To be honest, I'm not sure. I have a credit score of 800, though. The card is usually paid off, unless it's a really heavy month. Then I pay it off next month.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Makes sense. It's a risk because credit fraud and personal liability. I'm sure you're not utilizing anywhere near the capacity, and obviously handling it responsibly if you have a score of 800.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
My amazon card is up to like a 23k limit as well. Started off at 3k. They just kept automatically upping it.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My Amazon card is Chase.

My highest single limit is with discover right now but it's also my oldest account.

I would apply for increases periodically (often an option in online account) if they don't pull your credit but otherwise just pay it off when you get over 10 or 20% utilization (5% ideally I think but that would be tough with 1250 limit) , its not like its hard to pay a bill now.

I think the limit amounts are pretty fickle even though I'm sure they're not, I think I've had like a 300% variation in limits of recent approvals. New approvals usually come in higher than older accounts in my exp.

Keep up the good work.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Amazon isn't a bank, they don't offer a credit card. They work with a bank to brand a card, that bank is Chase.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
The amazon store card interest rate is high just like all store cards are. I think 24.99%. The 5% cash back at amazon is nice though

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Mine is the regular old Amazon Chase Visa. The store card is a lot newer. I think my interest rate is like 14%. I usually just buy everything with it then pay it off each pay check. The point system is nice since 1 point is just 1 cent towards an Amazon purchase and there are no required amounts. I probably get in the neighborhood of 2-400 dollars in Amazon rewards per year.

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
So it's common for stores/brands to carry their own card thru some small bank. For instance American Eagle (clothing store) has one that can only be used in stores (it's Sycron-something or other bank) and a VISA branded one that works wherever VISA is accepted. Typically the ones that are just store only ones are for people with lower credit scores and carry lower limits. When I was in the process of repairing my credit, I went from secured cards, to Capital One, now I have a few with Chase. I can't remember what my final credit limit with Capital One ended up being, but it wasn't as much as I'm getting with Chase.

I like my Chase cards. Chase Sapphire Preferred is my everyday card that I pay off monthly to bank travel rewards. I use Chase Amazon card for all my Amazon purchases. With Chase, between the 3 cards I have, my credit limit is like 30k or so. Typically the Chase credit cards have a decent signup bonus from time to time if you are interested in them.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Screenshot_20180120-135846.jpg

As of yesterday's paycheck I paid the remaining $3500 off the car loan because with interest if I had let it run until next year as signed for I would've paid an additional $1,430.

Credit bureaus will be reported to on February 15th so when March hits it's refresh I'm hoping to be up above 730. Paying the loan off a year early should help show I can control my credit compared to the previous auto loan that didn't turn out well.

I've gotten so many credit app things in the mail it's retarded, literally over 12 in the past month and it's the 20th.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
View attachment 160008

As of yesterday's paycheck I paid the remaining $3500 off the car loan because with interest if I had let it run until next year as signed for I would've paid an additional $1,430.

Credit bureaus will be reported to on February 15th so when March hits it's refresh I'm hoping to be up above 730. Paying the loan off a year early should help show I can control my credit compared to the previous auto loan that didn't turn out well.

I've gotten so many credit app things in the mail it's retarded, literally over 12 in the past month and it's the 20th.
Major progress made and hats off to you for it.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Anyone else's credit score get majorly fucked this month? My credit score was over 800 last month... Equifax is reporting my average age of credit as 3 years this month. Accounts I've had opened for 15+ years are being reported as being open in December 2014. In fact all my accounts older than Dec 2014 are being reported as having been opened in Dec 2014.

My credit scored dropped all the way to a fucking 651 according to Equifax. Everything else is perfect. Credit Utilization is at 2%, on time payments are 100%, derogatory marks are 0, number of credit inquiries in the last year is 1, and total number of accounts is 31.

Khane

My Experian score is 818. Don't know my TransUnion score but maybe Equifax got hacked again or some shit. I was freaking out for a second thinking maybe I somehow had my identity stolen.

Last edited: