Crowfall

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
It looks okay to me.

Some people on here are always over dramatic.
Sometimes I wonder if people on these boards actually want a new and good MMO to come out, or if they just want to complain that all the ones in development suck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Would you rather people celebrate all the MMOs in development that suck?

All mmo's suck according to this board. Positive comments get attacked and belittled relentlessly by the jaded basement dwellers on FOH.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
All mmo's suck according to this board. Positive comments get attacked and belittled relentlessly by the jaded basement dwellers on FOH.
But they do all suck. We haven’t had an innovative mmo in 15 years. We have 3 types of mmo. Vaporware, pvp games that inevitably fail and wow clones.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Just because they are not for you doesn't mean they all "suck". Plenty of people play them every day regardless. People play MMOs for many different reasons, mainly for the social aspect of thing, maybe it doesn't need to be innovative in terms of gameplay.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
But they do all suck.
What a dumb ass comment. "They all suck". Talk about an ego, thinking you are the ultimate arbitrator on what is good or not good. What people enjoy or will not enjoy. The parallels to current real life is so ironic. If I don't agree/like it then it must be bad/wrong etc.

There have been and still are plenty of good and fun MMOs.

• 1Like
  • 1Moron

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
There have been and still are plenty of good and fun MMOs.
This. Some of them have even innovated on the genre enough that I can't go back. I don't think I could ever play another MMO without the same or similar combat system of BDO - outside of nostalgia trips to shit like EQ. It's literally 80% of the reason I play the game and makes things so much more engaging. It actually makes me WANT to do things in the game simply to interact with the combat system.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm curious about Crowfall now and have softened on it big time.

Problem is none of my crew will give it a chance. They're going all in on Mortal Online 2. I said thats backwards, despite shit animation and hitboxes the core game of Crowfall looks there. Mortal Online 2 has absolutely nothing going for it besides an alleged "deep crafting system".

Mortal's hit detection somehow managed to look worse than Crowfall. I can deal with garbage hitbox/animations as long as the core game is good.

It's not enough for me to spend money to test Crowfall though-- it'd need to be free beta for me to check out.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
This. Some of them have even innovated on the genre enough that I can't go back. I don't think I could ever play another MMO without the same or similar combat system of BDO - outside of nostalgia trips to excrement like EQ. It's literally 80% of the reason I play the game and makes things so much more engaging. It actually makes me WANT to do things in the game simply to interact with the combat system.
So you gladly suffer every awful element of a generic Asian grinder just for some flashy (yet still bad) combat.

We've got too many guys in here happily ordering shit salads, no one's gonna open a new steakhouse at this rate.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Well, you know this one is worth watching the entertainment value of the thread when you see two people arguing about the combat system and how a game from 1999 was the same way so it's acceptable now 22 years later :p

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
The reason it took a while is both have fairly crummy gear. Both are sustain builds. The little blue line on heal bars is a generated bubble of hitpoints that they have to beat through. And he has lifesteal attacks whenever he does hit ult. (the ranger) The big axe dude is a champion, which the version he is playing looks to be a pitfighter or barbarian which is a self regening Tank version, or a mobile CC light tank that regens a ton.

Time to kill can be slow 1 on 1. It all depends on what classes what builds what discs they have and what domains they all take.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is a larger keep siege we had last week. I was running around on Edwen. (Not the point of view)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So you gladly suffer every awful element of a generic Asian grinder just for some flashy (yet still bad) combat.

We've got too many guys in here happily ordering excrement salads, no one's gonna open a new steakhouse at this rate.
There's a lot of shit you could talk about BDO and I can list you several things wrong with the game. However, the combat system is literally the best in the space. 100% chance you have fucking Boomer hands if you think it's bad.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh and we have not had an innovative MMO in 15 years?

This one is trying to be. The worlds we are playing in are generated. The map we are fighting on this week is vastly different than the one from last week. Normally campaigns are supposed to last for a month to 3 months. But they are running faster campaigns to get patches out in beta.

The world rulesets can be somewhat variable. They have not played with it much yet. Still trying to get shit nailed down. But there are lots of talks about wildly different ruleset campaigns. But we will see.

This is the current weeks campaign map.

unknown.png

This is last weeks map.

unknown.png

Yeah some folks are bent on hating the game from info from 5 years ago. Or because they Hate Gordon Walton. Or many various other reasons. Some are even valid.

The graphics suck. The lighting is poor, the animations are clunky, performance sucks. Blah blah blah. Blow it out your ass, you entitled whiny cuntflaps. Shame some of yall have forgotten what it is like to game.

I hate the fact that I am having fun in Crowfall. But I am having fun.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I haven't played in months but the biggest problem in Crowfall was PVP only popping off at certain times each day, if this has not changed the game is dead.

There won't be any "Hey let me hop on for 30 mins before work and slaughter some people". It'll be "Let me set an alarm for 2am so I can fight over this territory". No one is going to play a game that has that much downtime.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I've played a little bit of bdo and watched alot more. I AM old and hate action combat, so I went with wizard so I could hurl stuff from afar. The silly pretend-your-keyboard-is-a-dpad combat elements of most of the classes were not appealing at all.

Felt like a virtual fighterish spaz on the buttons and stuff happens. The characters flash and spin and zap about like crack fueled insects (which is kind of asian standard and universally awful to both play and watch).

For pvp the formulae seems to be cause alot of big effects that hit an area, get knocked down or stunned or some other form of fun remover, if you survive sprint away at crazy speed to heal up. Repeat 30x till someone actually dies.

For pve the action seems entirely one sided. Fly at warp speed into big pack of enemies who stand there seemingly in shock of your apparent epileptic fit and then all fall over dead in unison.

Why have I watched so much of it? Because haiimbelle on twitch is entertaining despite the awful game and she has bunnies.

• 1Like

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
The characters flash and spin and zap about like crack fueled insects (which is kind of asian standard and universally awful to both play and watch).
Even a certified weeb admits the combat is trash, Kirun Kirun . "Best in the space" in this case amounts to biggest cat turd in the litterbox.

This action combat (which Crowfall is emulating, and badly) that was introduced by cashgrab Asian grinders is one of the worst things to infect Western MMOs in the last decade. They thought it'd be cool to translate fighting game concepts to an MMO, but that doesn't work well in practice so what you're left with is everyone spastically zooming around shitting AoEs until something dies.

There's gotta be a middle ground somewhere between the sloth-like, tab-targeting past and this tedious spectacle of the present.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users