Crowfall

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
In the main hub I'm hitting 12-19fps, out away from people a solid 60fps but nothing more. I am having fun running around with Hatorade figuring things out but no PVP yet. Haven't logged since the servers went down before the beta.

Specs

2700X
1080 1440p
32gb DDR4 3200mhz
SSD

mrmoneda

Trakanon Raider
iOT7RVc.jpg

This isn't the busiest temple area, but the FPS isn't that bad.

Regardless of any individual's performance, further optimization is definitely needed. We'll see if they can get it to where it needs to be.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I haven't played this since pretty early in Alpha. Only played maybe 2 hours but it has significantly improved and actually feels like a game now. Performance is crap though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
PVP doesn't work like I thought it did, looks like it's guild vs guild rather than faction vs faction. Glad I didn't jump in before reading this first.

Just thought I’d put some very basic information here for any new players showing up that have no idea what’s going on in the game they’ve just bought or received beta access to.

FIRST THING PLEASE READ THIS!!!!

Before you do anything make sure that when you launch the game and get to the character select window you click the “skills” button at the top left of the screen. These are your passive skills that will accumulate over time weather you are logged into the game or not. You can choose between crafting, exploration, and combat, make sure to get those started first before you move on to anything else.

it’s also useful information to know the three different worlds you will have available to you throughout your time playing the game.

The Different World Types as of now:

-Gods Reach(PvE only for brand new vessels)

-Infected(Faction based PvP, no loot, starting level 15)

-Campaign(GvG, inventory loot, starting level 20)

GODS REACH will be your starting area to get some levels and do the new player experience quests which should get you to around level 17-18. Once you’ve completed the quests you will need to kill mobs until max level or do a mixture of killing mobs and sacrificing loot to gain Xp.

INFECTED is your beginner level PvP zone. There is no loot on death in this game world but all of the other features of being on campaign if you exclude the loot pool and particularly sought after mobs that campaign brings with it. In this game mode you can run pigs, capture forts/keeps, and most importantly PvP with other players. (I particularly like this mode for new players because it allows everyone to have the chance to switch around and play with other factions and guilds in a less hostile environment than the campaign worlds)

The CAMPAIGN worlds are the end game PvP which come up for a limited time with randomized maps. In these worlds it’s Guild vs Guild. Your guild becomes its own faction and all other guilds become your enemy(alliances are to come and already exist now between many guilds when it suits them) in the campaign world you can loot other players of anything they may have had in their inventory(not including equipped gear) it has all of the features of the infected game world with more layers on top. In these campaign worlds you can find a higher loot tier than the other worlds.

Campaign Inventories and Player Vaults:

When you enter a campaign world you will be given a certain amount of imports and exports you can bring into the world and out. Generally imports are less important than exports for the obvious reason that if you run out of exports your gear is trapped in the campaign world forever. Just try to be mindful of how many you use and remember that any gear that you have equipped or in your inventory before importing will be imported and cost tokens.(the game will warn you of this)

To see your vaults and be able to import or export items go to the character screen of the main menu and select your vault at the top left. From there you will see any campaign vaults you might have from a campaign you’re involved in as well as your out of campaign vault. It’s all pretty self explanatory from here.

JUST SOME LAST MINUTE TIPS:

-You can NOT respec your talent points so try to be careful with them. It’s generally a good idea when doing your talents to get all 3 minor disciplines and both major disciplines.

-Attribute points are generally dumped into your main attribute to stack it for your basic vessels as well as green vessels. Your core attribute will be the one on the top of the list for your character(if STR is your main attribute you stack all points in STR. Same for INT, DEX, etc.) The exception to this rule is for most healers who will be stacking SPR regardless of your main attribute.

-joining a guild is extremely important. There is no way to explain to you how important it is until you play the game and realize that all of the best content opens up to you once you join a guild.

-when in a friendly situation with an enemy player or when seeking mercy it’s customary to jump. It’s up to the other player if they want to be friendly but any of the core player base of this game knows that if you see a jumping player that means they are asking for mercy. This needs to be said because sometimes you will find yourself in scrimmage situations and if you kill the people jumping you’re a dick.

-Player characters or “vessels” are an item too. They can be crafted by necromancers who have the body parts and the other ingredients necessary. Vessels currently do not have durability like other crafted things and I don’t believe there is ever a plan to add a durability to them.

-ultimates are incredibly important to the outcome of a fight so make sure to build your ultimate at the start of roaming and try to maintain it while you’re out and about. Often times a PvP encounter springs up out of nowhere and if you’re caught without your ult it can be bad for you. (This goes for pip classes as well, make sure you have full pips whenever possible)

-don’t forget things like buffs, bandages, and food. Before leaving the temple make sure to fill your food bar at the tree. If you have bandages bring one or two with you and if you have any buffs in the form of food or shrines you might pass on the way it’s not a bad idea to get those buffs rolling(try to save your food buffs until you know you’re about to fight people since they only last 20 minutes.) god buffs generally last 2 hours and persist through death.

I wish I could think of more things but this was all stuff I wish I knew when I started playing so I hope it helps.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Campaigns will have various rule sets. Some will be guild vs guild (Shadowbane), some will be 3 faction (DAOC), some will be 12 factions, think one faction for every god, some will be racial themed etc. There is complete flexibility in rule sets per campaign and with the world generator no campaign map world will be the same.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
iOT7RVc.jpg

This isn't the busiest temple area, but the FPS isn't that bad.

Regardless of any individual's performance, further optimization is definitely needed. We'll see if they can get it to where it needs to be.

This looks like Star Wars Galaxies to me.... lol

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Got a random beta invite to this game this afternoon. Thought you had to pay to play beta/alpha for this.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got a random beta invite to this game this afternoon. Thought you had to pay to play beta/alpha for this.
If you pay you instantly get in. They send out random beta invites to people who have signed up for it.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finally logged in to check this out. Woof.. definitely would not buy this unless a bunch of friends really wanted to play.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
i hope that they can turn this around as it has some stuff i really miss from older mmorpgs these days.

For example, I loved anarchy online's endgame tradeskill system and community. You had a whole class centered around tradeskilling (engineers), and only those who had the highest skills could build the best armors in the entire game. However this came at a cost of sacrificed stats and implants etc which made you worse off in pvp for example. But as said before the armor was like the best in the game and extremely valuable (so were the parts), so trusted engineers became a vital resource for both their skills and also trustworthiness since you were trading extremely valuable components with them, and got huge tips and status because of the trust and skill sacrifice involved. I just love this sort of diverse system and permanence, and I hope they are going in this direction with crowfall.

Just thinking about it, to get to the highest stats in AO to tradeskill shit, sometimes this even required a tower on a pvp tower site belonging to your guild to give you that little extra boost, so it all played in together. Sorry but having some nostalgia right now - fixer class with the grid, the trader and crat classes, shades and their insane weakness early but damage monsters later, alien battles that you actually summon in the hope they drop the viralbots to make the armor with, on a private ailen city that belongs to your guild but that you can invite other people to. Tower wars with actually helpful outcomes where you can place towers which give advantages like 30 increased evades which can be the difference between 90% of max level characters unable to land perks (skill shots) on you. It was so fucking cool how it all linked together.